Your non Disney thing that makes you think Disney...

When they run the Cirque du Soleil commercial on regular tv. They don't do it often, but two days ago, I was in the kitchen cooking and it came on and BOOM! a flashback to being in the room and seeing it on the resort tv. Also, they often use the same music clips that they play at WL in the background for advertisements, especially for western tv shows. That happened yesterday - another BOOM! flashback to being in the WL lobby waiting for my room to be ready.

I thought that buses should remind me of disney -- the buses they use on Disney property are the same model as the city buses in New York City (I assume other cities as well) ... same seats, seating arrangements etc, just a different color. Thing is, the oh-so-happy people going to work in the morning don't look like their on vacation!! :rotfl:

In other seriousness ... whenever I drive into a nice gated community on a nice sunny day it always feels like driving into a disney resort like OKW.

WaDiWo

(BTW, waiting for ADRs for 74 minutes right now :headache:)

I have a vanilla body spray I used for our first Disney trip and every trip after that. I don't use it much at home so when I do it reminds me of Disney. Also the smell of hot blacktop reminds me of Disney.

I had a massage yesterday, and of all places to be all I could think of was Disney. I was lying there with my head in the hole...music that sounded like the Epcot 'end of the day, get the heck out' music was playing and all of a sudden I was standing at Epcot under the monorail. I could hear the monorail whoosh by and could smell the fountain. I love the smell of that fountain! We don't leave until 9/27!! Arrgh!

This one is kinda strange, but oh well! Whenever I am driving at night and a car comes around a turn, I think of and am immediately on Space Mountain. It reminds me of the cars hurtling around the turns at SM instantly and I just smile and get that wonderful homesick feeling!!

There is also a bird around here that sounds "to a T" exactly like ones at WL so hearing them here in the summer brings me there.

One more! Whenever we scrape a patio chair across the ground to sit down, we are immediately at WL, pulling out a chair by the pool.

I can pretty much tie anything I do to a favorite moment at WDW!! :goodvibes

Great thread!!!!!

Always any large open type warehouse. When you walk by you can feel the coolness and smell of the rides, like HM and Pirates. :confused3

Okay, I know it over 90 frequently at Disney as of late, but it's been a very long winter and spring here in Nebraska.

The smell of humidity, along with freshly cut lawns, blooming flowers flat out smells like every morning at Disney.

I try to be a little more green at work so I drink out of a plastic cup instead of a new disposable paper cup everytime. Well, when I go to rinse out my cup (because I am too lazy to properly wash it) I use a "mug wash" just like the ones at the resort drink stations.

Also, in Oregon our license plates typically go xxx ### or ### xxx and with the Dis, we use a lot of 3 letter abbrev. like CSR and ToT so any time I see those I go OHHHH.

I thought that buses should remind me of disney -- the buses they use on Disney property are the same model as the city buses in New York City (I assume other cities as well) ... same seats, seating arrangements etc, just a different color. Thing is, the oh-so-happy people going to work in the morning don't look like their on vacation!! :rotfl:

That was what I was going to say...every time we are behind an NJ Transit bus, my dd says, "Ahh, the sweet smell of Disney" :rotfl: She's right, I always think of Disney when I smell that!

Maybe this is strange and maybe it's not...I'm not sure...but when I go with my wife and son to the Minnesota Zoo, I get that "Disney" feeling. I have no idea why...not the same smells or anything...no rides. But I have been going to the MN Zoo since it was built back in the late 70's and I was a grade schooler. I have seen exhibits come and go, some good some bad. This past year we became members which means we can go anytime we want...sort of like becoming annual passholders.

I know I prefer going to Disney any day. But going to the Zoo has a little bit of that same familiar "specialness" for me. Plus it's alot of fun, especially now that I can go with my son.

Eric

The smell of water, like in IASM or POC, it always brings me back. Also anytime I buy something I save the change for our next trip for souveniers, tips, penny machines, things like that. I do it every year, so when I hear change jingling in pockets or someone drops it I think "Disney Money."

I am a pharmacy tech and whenever I am counting out round pills, I pour them on the counting tray and almost all the time 3 will fall together to form a hidden mickey. Always makes me think of WDW.

2 more days! :woohoo:

Loralie

I set my watch to go off at 11:30 everyday to make sure we stopped to eat lunch before the CS restaurants got busy. As it went off the rest of the summer at that time it always made us stop and think.

Whenever we have strawberry shortcake, it always reminds us of HDDR.

Don't ask me to explain this one, but my 7-year-old got her hand slammed in the door at school and I took her to the hospital for x-rays. As we were walking down the corrider she remarked 'this reminds me of Disney World!' :confused3 She couldn't really explain why but the ladies working admissions got a real kick out of that when I mentioned it to them.

Seeing a palm tree. Well, now not so much, because I live in an area that has many of them.

There is a "town center" style mall near us that has a themed water tower and fountain at the entrance. DH and I agree it must have been designed by someone who has been to Disney.

The other day I was in a building that smelled like the Ellen's energy adventure dinosaur scene. You know, the smoky mist smell there? DH and I both agreed, it smelled like Disney!

Waking up in the morning and it's summer....I think of Disney!!:goodvibes

Cooking a stew and certain spices I use reminds me of the African Stew from the Mara!!!:rolleyes1

Watching tv and I hear that Hershey's Kiss commercial and they play "Heigh Ho" from Snow White!!:happytv:

Looking at my son and all of his Power Ranger stuff....think about his first trip and how awe struck he was when he seen his favorite PR..Red Ranger!!!

So, what about you?:cloud9::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter