Your gonna think Im nuts...Disney Smell alert..UPDATE! NEW SMELL ALERT!

Just saw where Paris Daydream is back on the B&BW site, candles are 2/$25 for limited time so stock up, this one is not available all the time!

:lovestruc
Just saw where Paris Daydream is back on the B&BW site, candles are 2/$25 for limited time so stock up, this one is not available all the time!

I need to try this candle. I read about it so much, but I never seem to be there when it is available.
*I am burning my Sweet Spun Sugar candle from Target ($5.00:goodvibes) - smells EXACTLY like the candy stores in WDW. Love :lovestruc love love this candle!

:o Welp... I got a new one...and a super weird one.... :blush:

I bought Target Up & Up brand sensitive skin facial moisturizer (their version of Oil of Olay)...and I kid you not....it smells EXACTLY...like....

the hallways of the resorts (specifically AKL). :duck:

When I told my kids and DH they were probably one step away from having me taken away..but then I had them smell it and they agreed. :eek:

How about the scent from the lei that you get from the Spirit of Aloha dinner show. I've been looking for that for years!

Discovered a new one!

Smells just like the lobby at the Grand Floridian:
Chesapeake Bay Candle - pure/natural Salt Water Orchid.

It's so funny that I found this thread. We just got back from a week at WDW last night. We rode Maelstrom probably 4 or 5 times during our stay. I just love the ride and the shops after it. Plus I love the whole ambiance of Norway. But then, I have Scandinavian blood in me. So, that may explain part of it.

Anyway, ever since I first rode Maelstrom many eons ago, I have been in love with the smell of the first gift shop you enter after getting off Maelstrom. The shop with all the Helly Hansen gear, perfumes, colognes, and other smelly things. This trip, I decided I wanted to take that smell home with me and spent some time in the shop checking out the smelly stuff.

Alas, my dreams of bringing Norway home have been dashed. First, the cost of the men's (and women's) cologne is pretty high. But that wouldn't have been much of a deterrent if it actually smelled like the "smell of Norway" that I am after. The men's cologne was too... piney? Manly? I don't know?! Whatever it was, it didn't smell like the "smell of Norway" that you get when you first enter the shop after getting off Maelstrom.

So, I figured it must be the women's perfume. I checked it out, and it was a miss on that, as well! It was too... rosey? Floral? Grandma's overpowering perfume? It did not match that "smell of Norway" either.

So, I checked all the lotions, and none of them smelled exactly like what I was looking for. In the end, all I can figure is that it is the combined smell of all the perfume/cologne/lotion products in the store that create that very specific "smell of Norway". You know the smell I'm talking about, right?! That crisp, clean, breath of fresh mountain air mixed with the cool waters of the fjords with a hint of iciness from the glaciers and ever so slightly kissed by the flowers of the meadow plateau!

THAT'S the smell of Norway I want! And no single product from the gift shop can provide that. I was very saddened leaving Norway empty-handed yet again. I thought about purchasing some of the "Norway" gear to try and lighten my sadness. Maybe a Helly Hansen active sport shirt or a rain jacket. Something, ANYTHING, to make me feel all Norwegian like! But even that didn't help since every flippin' product was made in Vietnam and isn't actually Norwegian!!!

Anyway, I will head over to Target during my lunch-hour errand run today and see if I can find that Old Spice Komodo Body Wash to tide me over until I can somehow come up with something closer to the real deal.

I just read through looking for ideas for what my kids call 'that Disney Smell' & wondered why Glade or Bath & Body havent tried a WdW resort line? Air fresheners & soaps would be amazing. It seems there would be demand, I totally would want it ; it would be heaven. Maybe someday

Luv, my 17 yr old daughter and I have had this conversation literally hundreds of times. She and I are both Disney nuts, candle fans and both of us are keenly affected by Disney smells. These smells literally trigger memories for us. :)

If Yankee candle had a Disney line of scents, both of them would make hand over fist $$. You wouldn't be able to keep them on the shelves.

I'm looking for something that smells like the champagne smell from Philharmagic. I am going to try all of the things that were mentioned as smelling like the Beach Club lobby. My daughter and I fell in love with that smell a few weeks ago.

is that a new smell? I don't remember a champagne smell...just the pie

It's where the champagne bottles pop. Maybe it's just the lingering smell from the whole scene but I love it.

I'm looking for something that smells like the champagne smell from Philharmagic. I am going to try all of the things that were mentioned as smelling like the Beach Club lobby. My daughter and I fell in love with that smell a few weeks ago.

I found something that smells exactly like that scene from Philharmagic. It's from Yankee Candle and it's called "Apple Berry Spice." I got it in an air freshener for the car, and a candle. I love it!!

everytime I smell oak burning I crave BBQ from Flametree. We always say "smells like Disney" when we smell certain foods cooking outside restaurants.:confused3

Old Spice Komodo Body wash = smells just like Norway.:laughing: Not like Trolls or Vikings....more like the smell of the gift shop.

Now to be fair..and to prove I am not completely nuts (ok..maybe that ship has sailed :boat:) - I put it in the shower and didn't say anything. My DD9 was taking her shower tonight and said "OMG! This stuff smells just like Norway!!!"... so if you need a *Disney Smell Fix* - check it out. ;)

Here is an un-offical DISNEY SMELL list for those of you needed a WDW fix.

Old Spice Komodo Body Wash - Norway/Laila
Target bathrooms - various WDW bathrooms (clean only) - and Sarin
Citrus Mist air freshner - Soarin
Yankee Candle Home Sweet Home - Be our guest scene from Philarmagic
Loreal Vive Shampoo in the gold bottle - Florida/WDW smell
Glade Christmas Pine - Soarin
L'Oreal Ever Pure with rosemary and juniper shampoo - GF Lobby
Gardenias - Poly
Yankee Candle- Beachwalk candle -ocean scene from Soarin
Yankee Candle - Sun and San - Yacht Club
Glade Apple Spice Air freshner - floating pie from Philharmagic
Bath and Body Worlds Seaside Escape - BC lobby
Burning leaves/woodburning stove - Flame Tree BBQ (be sure to get a permit please)
Elephant cages and or Band Aids - monorail (do what you will with this one)
D & G Light Blue cologne - Soarin beach scene
Yankee Candle Winter Wonderland - Soarin skier scene - piney, wintery and crisp
Bath and Body Works Tropical Spice - Disney resort TBD
Paula Deen Pecan Pie candle - Main St.
Bath and Body Works Sea Breeze cotton - Norway
Clean and Clear morning burst face wash - Soarin orange.
Aloe and Green Clover - Enviroscent - BC lobby
Lush Cosmetics - Soak and Float solid shampoo - burning Rome scene from Space Ship Earth (for those who want to be smokey)
Fabreeze Lavender & Comfort - BC lobby
Rainkissed Leaves and Dancing Waters from B&BW - scenes from Soarin
Oscare Meyer pre-cooked bacon - AKL (yum! - hehehe)
Ocean mens line from B&BW - Soarin
Targets new candle - Sweet Spun Sugar - candy stores in the World.
Soft Soap - Deep Cleaning Sea Mineral Soap - BLT
Sun Inn Hair lightener - AKL
B&BW Sparkling Icicles - Soarin

will keep updated...! (updates 1/30/13)
....awesome list! This is really too funny! :rotfl2:

NEW SMELL! Wahl Shed Reducing Formula Dog Shampoo

The other day I picked up the cheapest bottle of anti-shed dog shampoo for our Corgi at my local military exchange, but they sell it online on Amazon and they might carry it at Walmart.

It smells EXACTLY like old Disney resort shampoo. Remember the ones that came with mickey printed on them?

It's Wahl Shed Reducing Formula

I forgot about this one too - It smells exactly like the scent that they pump into the Dolphin hotel. I know they have a signature scent that they sell themselves, but I've been unable to find it in an aerosol can.

I picked up an air freshener from Lowes home improvement, not knowing what it really smelled like. I just picked what I figured would be the least offensive smell. It is Style Selections White Tea air freshener.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_365049-316-HG-96916_4294599000__?productId=4777289

I've been trying to find something that smells like the Contemporary. They put the same scent in the rooms, also... anyone know something that smells similar?

Hey Paris Day Dream lovers, it is back, but under a new name! It's now called "Fresh" and is blue. Still the same fragrance, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter