Your feelings about Myspace.com

flipturngirl

DIS Veteran
Hi
I am a teenager and I just wanted to know your feelings about myspace.com
I do not go on it but I just wanted to know if your feelings on this site are the same as mine. I think it is a fun idea to get on and meet people you have not talked to in like 5 years, but that is not what all goes on on this website. If you look at some of the pages there is different things that they do that are inappropriate. Do you want your kids looking at this? I wouldn't and I particually do not like it. What about you? Is there a way we could get this site off the net? Please share your feelings about it. . . . ::MickeyMo

A few weeks ago my son asked to go on that site. I have heard some pretty negitive things about it. Kids saying not nice things about other kids etc.. I would not let him go on it. Ask your parents before you use any site and don't give any info about you age or where you live. :smooth:

i use that site (yes im a teen) but my own personal rules are

1)if i dont know you...you're not going to be my friend
2)if i dont like you...you're not going to be my friend
3)i dont say anything mean..and if you say anything mean about me im perfectly capable of getting you off of myspace
4)i dont give out any info..dont try to get it out of me..you wont succeed...and #3 will happen

thats pretty much worked for me...i found a friend who i hadent seen since i was 9 (now 14) so its been good...i knew it was her...and i keep in touch with my cousins in college...you've just gotta trust yourself to make good desicions.

I use myspace to keep in touch with my friends. As far as "inappropriate content", that is very subjective. Inappropriate for kids? Yup, it's there. Should it be removed from the web? Nope. If you don't like it, don't go there, and if you are a parent, then be one and monitor your kids Internet use.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter