Your favorite TS Meal(s) on DDP

kathyfranklin

Mouseketeer
I am trying to decide whether or not to do the DDP (plain, not deluxe).

Please tempt me with your favorite meal/restaurant for dinner. Tell all about your great values and delicious finds!

Also - is it a good idea to use up extra credits for character meals, room service, or signature restaurants?

I think my favorite meal is Chefs de France in Epcot. We do end up having appitizers here (french onion soup and lobster bisque, YUM), but everyone in my family can find something they really like. When the kids like the food there is no complaining, and this is a restaurant where I don't have to feel like I am settling just to make the kids happy. The desserts are really good to.
Donna

Our favorites are LeCellier for the cheddar cheese soup, filet with cream cheese mashed potatos and chocolate on chocolate whiskey cake for dessert; Crystal Palace for breakfast with Pooh and friends and the heavenly puffed french toast; Yak & Yeti--I had the sweet and sour pork and really enjoyed it (I think, if I rememer correctly, DH had the duck and loved it); Biergarten for the buffet and Plaza Restaurant at Magic Kingdom for a really good sandwich, shake and dessert--a change of pace from all the heavy meals we eat the rest of our trip.

The only character meal that costs more than one credit is Cinderella's, I believe (I could be wrong). I know that the ones we have done: Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Cape May Cafe is only one credit per person.

Le Cellier, Chef de France, and Bomas (buffet at AK Lodge).

I'll be trying Coral Reef this Dec. trip, but I think that's a good one, too.

I think you need to figure out if you like enough that's offered at whatever restaurant. Also, I like to maximize my choices whereever I go; so, I have a tendency to order the more expensive items available.

Le Cellier- Mushroom Filet Mignon - with wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb butter sauce

Coral Reef- Grilled NY Strip Steak - served with potatoes au gratin, and broccolini

Chefs de France- Noix de Saint Jacques et gambas sautees Flan d'epinards, sauce a l'oseille - Sauteed scallops and black tiger shirmp served with lemon butter, vegetable and fresh herb sauce, black pearl rice

Spoodles- Pan-roasted Fillet of Red Snapper - with Saffron Israeli Couscous, Shorizo, Wilted Greens and spicy Tomato Broth

Kona- Shrimp and Scallops - panko breaded shrimp and pan-seared scallops with sticky rice and ponzu, spicy guava-passion fruit and wasabi cream sauces

Last trip we really liked Coral Reef and the Tusker House buffet (similar to Boma from what I read)...Coral Reef menu has become pretty limited but our meals were both excellent (wife had steak while I had the Mahi-Mahi) and was the best "value" on the dining plan - bill came to around $95 for 2 adults and 1 child. Tusker House has a lot of international cuisine which were very well made. We also like crystal palace at lunch/dinner a lot too.

From past trips - Chefs De France was also very good, as well as Restaurant Akerhaus if you have little girls to see the princesses.

To in theory get your most money's worth - dinners at the sit-down restaurants tend to do that, followed by dinner buffets.

SkierPete

Le Cellier at the Canada Pavillion in Epcot.

You have to get the Cheddar cheese soup and the Filet Mignon...it is to die for!

The only catch is if you want to eat dinner there....MAKE PRIORITY SEATING EARLY EARLY EARLY! You have to book this months out to get availability.

Hi nice question, well I am a big foodie, hence I like all kinds of meals.:)

WE just got back last week and I have a 3 yr old and 6 yr old, we did the basic plan and it was plenty of food. Our favorite restaraunt was 1900 park fare, followed by Akersus, I wish we could have gone into some more of the rest. in epcot but we stuck to the kid friendly rest.

We love the Crystal Palace for breakfast. For lunch or dinner we always plan a trip to Biergarten in EPCOT.:thumbsup2

Le Cellier, Les Chefs de France, and Coral Reef.....

As DD has gotten older, she likes the good food rather than the lesser quality at the character buffets. As above, make your ressies early for these places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter