Your favorite table service rest. w/ the kids?

Oh I forgot about Hollywood and Vine! DD was obsessed with Handy Manny two years ago (and Disney Jr in general) and she loved this! We were there for breakfast on the 4th of July and the restaurant was empty! Everyone was at MK!

I agree with one of the posters that spoke about it being a good experience. DH and I agree that we mainly go where the kids will enjoy themselves and we will make do with whatever food is there (ie, buffet at Chef Mickeys), so the quality of the food is not as important to us as the quality of the experience. We will always find something we like to eat!

Chef Mickey's is a family favorite. I know other people say it is too noisy, but I never noticed it being crazy there. Maybe since I taught preschool for 9 years I have learned to tune out noise? But Chef Mickey's is a must every trip. We have a tradition to eat there for dinner our first night of the trip after an afternoon arrival.

Last trip my son (then 8) really fell in love with Sci Fi and asked to do it again on our next trip.

So now we have 2 must-eat-at places.

Our favorites in October were:

chef Mickey's-breakfast- loved that we got to see all of the characters, pretty good buffet

Hoop de Doo- LOVED! Amazing food, sangria for the grown ups and good crowd interaction. If something can keep my daughter in her high chair for that long it must be good

Raglan Road- kids didn't really care about the food so much, but the Irish dancers were really cool and the kids got to go onstage too

Sleepy Hollow-MK- not on dining plan but the waffle sandwiches are to die for, kids loved the fruit and Nutella sandwich

Tuskerhouse- Donald's breakfast- another great character meal, yummy food with some different choices, plus if your res is early enough you can get done eating and hop right into the safari with no line!

Can't wait to go back and EAT in the World again!

We always love O'hana for dinner and went there for the character breakfast on our last trip. It was great! My boys, ages 12 & 9 also LOVE Teppan Edo in Japan at EPCOT. The chef puts on a great show table side and we all love trying to eat with chopsticks! I highly recommend this restaurant if your kids like adult type food- the kids menu here has some really great non typical choices.

Akershus for the princesses, Biergarten for the entertainment, Via Napoli for the food (the spaghetti there was their favorite kids meal by far).

This trip we are trying Hollywood & Vine and Garden Grill, and I expect both of them to become family favorites as well.

Crystal Palace is a must do for us every trip. We also love Biergarten and my tween loves 50s Prime Time Cafe (he likes when we get in trouble!). Foodwise everyone loved Kona Cafe!

What are your favorite restaurants to visit that are table service meals?
Ones that your kids love (with or without characters) love the food etc etc

My kids LOVE Whispering Canyon at WL. The sassy wait staff and fun atmosphere keeps them entertained the whole time.

My boys LOVE Teppan Edo and Biergarten. Absolutely love them.

They also ask for Cape May - crab legs and mussels by the plate full, and Boma - all of us are obsessed with everything there.

They ask for Sci Fi each time, too...which we all love, too.

ETA: Sanaa, too. My kids went NUTS for the bread service. 9 different dips with naan..score! And they loved the entrees, as well.

Not for the food...but atmosphere : T Rex Cafe- our little boys love it :)

Personally lunchtime we also love the flatbreads at Mama Melrose and spaghetti and meatball cupcakes for kids dessert

Ohana for both breakfast and dinner:
Breakfast: Mickey and Lilo & Stitch are big in my house, plus they serve you family style for breakfast (buffets are great but not always easy with young kids)
Dinner: good food, Lapu Lapus (!) and it has great activities for the kids

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter