• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your favorite Siganture Restaurant

mmjm

I need another vacation at the House of Mouse
We are planning on trying the dining plan during our next trip to Disney. We would like to try one or two of the signature restaurants and I would like to avoid the ones that may not live up to the hype. I was wondering if you could let me know what your favorite Signature Restaurant at WDW is and why? Thanks Mark

Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge
California Grill at the Contemporary Resort
Cítricos at the Grand Floridian
Flying Fish Cafe at Disney’s BoardWalk
Jiko – The Cooking Place at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Narcoossee’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Yachtsman Steakhouse at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
Le Cellier at EPCOT
Hollywood Brown Deby at Hollywood Studios
Aloha Dinner Show at the Polynesian

My 2 cents worth;

Aloha Dinner Show at the Polynesian Food Bad, Show great.
California Grill at the Contemporary Resort Food Great, MK Fireworks rock from there!
Yachtsman Steakhouse Yummy!!
Narcoossee’s Great Food.
Le Cellier Food good, but over rated.

Have not eaten at the others yet.

Citricos. Service, atmosphere and food! It's got all three!!

Narcossee's and California Grill are close behind.

Hi:goodvibes
California Grill - Great food and a great view.:thumbsup2
Yachtsman - is a must on every trip. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is really nice. :thumbsup2
Narcoosees - We tried this on our January trip and just loved it. :thumbsup2 I think we found another must do restaurant for every trip.

I'd like to thank everyone for their reply's, it sounds like the Yachtsman, Citricos, and the flying fish would be 3 good places to eat.:cool1:

California Grill at the Contemporary Resort - First time we ate there the food was fantastic, second time we were not thrilled with our entrees at all but the appies and desserts were very good

Cítricos at the Grand Floridian Been here twice and both times the food was out of this world

Flying Fish Cafe at Disney’s BoardWalk Ate here three times, amazing! Each time DH had the NY Strip and said it was the best he ever ate.

Jiko – The Cooking Place at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Ditto what I said about Cali Grill

Narcoossee’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Loved the appies but that was about it

Yachtsman Steakhouse at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts Incredible! We just ate there last weekend and the food was amazing

Le Cellier at EPCOT Always had a great meal here, cannot wait to see what it will be like as a signature place

Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge
Above average. I think of it along the lines of how Wilderness Lodge is at the lower range of the deluxe category; AP is at the lower range of signature dining.

California Grill at the Contemporary Resort
I've never been disappointed in either the food or service. I think what takes away from the experience is that the tables are so close together and it's noisy.

Cítricos at the Grand Floridian
One of my absolute favorites! It's always wonderful and truly a relaxing dinner.

Flying Fish Cafe at Disney’s BoardWalk
One of other absolute favorites. I always hit FF and Citricos, every visit! Always wonderful. I think FF has a more casual feel to it.

Jiko – The Cooking Place at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Very good! I think I've been 3 times and it's always been consistently good for me.

Narcoossee’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
This was my biggest signature letdown EVER! The first time had really poor service and average food. The second time service was better but the food was still just average. The only thing that keeps me going back (but not on a regular basis) is the almond crusted cheesecake.

Yachtsman Steakhouse at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
I've only been there once and while it was good it didn't strike me as outstanding. And since I prefer to eat more seafood when I'm dining out it doesn't make my repeat list.

Le Cellier at EPCOT
I've been several times and it's always good. I don't go to extremes to try to get reservations because I don't find it worth the hype and this place always keeps me waiting longer for my ADRs than any other place in Disney. It will be interesting to see how the menu changes when it goes to 2TS.

Hollywood Brown Deby at Hollywood Studios
Good but I don't really think it's worth 2TS. It's a nice break if you're in DHS and don't want to leave.

We are planning on trying the dining plan during our next trip to Disney. We would like to try one or two of the signature restaurants and I would like to avoid the ones that may not live up to the hype. I was wondering if you could let me know what your favorite Signature Restaurant at WDW is and why? Thanks Mark

Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge: nice-the mushroom soup is delish
California Grill at the Contemporary Resort-have not been to yet
Cítricos at the Grand Floridian: ok, I like Jiko and Flying Fish better
Flying Fish Cafe at Disney’s BoardWalk: Love the snapper. Also good, and the calamari app
Jiko – The Cooking Place at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge: Love a lot of things here. I enjoy the different flavors
Narcoossee’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa-Going in a month, cannot wait!
Yachtsman Steakhouse at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts-Ok, no complaints
Le Cellier at EPCOT-good, no complaints
Hollywood Brown Deby at Hollywood Studios-I would pass
Aloha Dinner Show at the Polynesian
: I look forward to attending in the future

Depends upon what you want out of dinner, each offers something different then the others.

We have been to Disney twice and our 2 favourite restaurants are Jiko and California Grill. Both times the food and service were wonderful and Jiko is a really cool and interesting dining experience. In my opinion both are worth the 2 credits.

Hollywood Brown Derby - very good food & service & super convenient if you are at DHS but there are no evening shows or fireworks - we'll likely try something different next time

Yachtsman Steak House - we ate there C'mas Eve - excellent. It's a real steakhouse and you have to be up for that though - somewhat masculine but very good service and worth the money.

Artist Point - We were really looking forward to this but were somewhat disappointed. The restaurant is beautiful but the food was slightly over cooked.
I would probabaly give it another try (just to see), but my priorities would be Jiko and CG.

Narcoossees - very good. We ate there the last night of our trip and were somewhat tired of all the food. It was also a cold evening. In good weather it would be spectacular. Our server was not as engaging as some of the other servers at other restaurants but we would try this again as the array of seafood is incredible.

Cinderella's RT - terrible food but a must do with little princesses. Breakfast is better then dinner (we've done both!) but we are finished with this experience.

Give Jiko a try after a day at Animal kingdom and try the wild boar appetizer!

Heather, Auntfrannie Mickeynicki, and everyone else, thanks for your restaurant reviews. In the past we always went to Disney with the kids, because they we picky eaters we never went to any of the better restaurants. However this trip we are going on 4 night kid-less get-away:banana:, so your information has helped me compile a short list of 2-3 restaurants which have shown to have consistently good food, service,and atmosphere.

Hollywood Brown Derby is a good choice with the F!DP. App, Entree and dessert with drink, and well located to get to the F! arena without too much of a waddle (after eating all that food!).

Their menu choices are imaginative, well prepared, nicely presented, and delicious!

We are going to Citrico's for the first time this summer...it seems like everyone liked it!

Never been there but it sounds good!

Tell me what food's you love at Citrico's. Just booked and can't wait.popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter