Your favorite QS and Snacks that are big enough to share?

mid630

Mouseketeer
I'm currently building my meal plan analysis spreadsheet (for our very first trip to DW!) and I'm looking for ways to stretch our meal plan.

I know last year at Disneyland my family of 5 could easily split 2 Dole Whips. And my husband heard on a podcast the other day that there are huge cookies big enough for several to split.

I know if we end up doing QS where all you get is a hot dog, we're all going to need our own. But I've seen several people mention that there are a lot of breakfast platters that can be split.

So, can all you experienced DW goers fill me in to all your favorite QS and snacks that could easily be split between 2 people (and maybe even between my 3 kids). It would be nice to have them all in one place.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Some QS meals that we have shared:

Sandwiches at CHH
Schwarma platter at Tangierine
Many things at WPE are big enough to share

For snacks:

Cinnamon roll from MSB
Carrot cake cookie from Writer's Stop
Cupcake from Starring Rolls

Funnel cake definitely big enough to split between 3 kiddos, as is the cinnamon bun at Main Street Bakery.

My favorite has already been mentioned...the platter at the Marrakesh qs.

we split just so we can try and experience everything! I tell the kids, let's split this, if we want more...we can get another one! Also, order from the kids selections to sample things, smaller but cheaper + kid's meals come w/drink!

we split just so we can try and experience everything! I tell the kids, let's split this, if we want more...we can get another one! Also, order from the kids selections to sample things, smaller but cheaper + kid's meals come w/drink!

That's exactly what I'm thinking. We can experience more, maybe not take quite so long to eat, and get away with 2 adult meals for breakfast & the 3 kids meals at lunch (or something along those lines).

Thanks for the suggestions! Keep them coming. I'd like to have a nice list of options to get us thru our entire stay. :)

My daughter and I shared the brownie paw at the Kusafari coffee shop. It was way too rich for one person eat. The ice cream sandwiches they make with cookies are pretty big. Not sure if the are still a snack credit though.

Just an FYI, many of the kids meals consist of chicken nuggets or a pb&j, so be careful where you choose to eat lunch at. Many will only feed ONE kid...not really big enough to share unless it's a "good" kid's meal like a nice sandwich or a personal size pizza. Have you taken a look at the menus? this will give you an idea of where you might want to eat for lunch using those kids' meals instead of just popping up to one restaurant and finding out all they offer is mac n' cheese or pbj. allears.net has a vast collection of menu info. I'm planning our trip around it, lol. Also, you may consider paying OOP for breakfast at your food court. The cinnamon rolls muffins are like $3 and could probably be split in half. Use your refillable drink mugs and you've got breakfast. You can also use your snack credits on some of those pastry type things in your food court. We used 2 of our snack credits on 2 big plates of Beignets to share and drank from our refillable mugs. Both of those ideas are good for those days when you decide that you'd rather have a good lunch vs just feasting on your 3 kids meals.

The 1/2 rotisserie chicken platter at Cosmic Ray's is large enough for my two boys, ages 6 and 8, to share. And the sides (mashed potatoes, green beans) can be purchased separately if an extra one is needed. Since I'm vegetarian, we usually order 1 platter with extra sides, and it is enough for all 3 of us.

The seared Tuna salad from Sunshine Seasons in The Land Pavilion is big enough to share! It's too yummy to want to share tho :lmao:

DH and I have split the shrimp platter at CHH there are about 10 fried shrimp on the platter. Also split the sandwich platter at Sunshine Seasons. If you get a burger at a place with the fixin's bar you can easily split that after adding the toppings. We also split the taco salad at Pecos Bill after adding the toppings. We are on the dining plan and are not big eaters. We have never split a table service even though you can do that also.

The cupcakes at Starring Rolls are definitely big enough to share, as are the cupcakes at Kusafari at Animal Kingdom. My dd15 got the white chocolate elephant cupcake from Kusafari and ended up throwing quite a bit of it away because I was not hungry so couldn't help her eat it.

Agree with pp that the ice cream cookie sandwiches (which are a snack credit at most places) are big enough to share.

The dining plan meal at Pizza Planet with the individual pizza, ceasar salad, and dessert is a lot of food.

things we easily split-
dole whips
ice cream cookie sandwiches
cinnamon rolls from MSB
turkey legs
sundaes at hollywood scoops

things i have seen pics of or read would be easy splits-
nachos in mexico
lots of breakfast platters in the resort QS
marakesh platters
beaches and cream sundaes, ghirardelli sundaes

The rib n chicken platter at Cosmis Rays in MK (dinner service only) comes with mash and greenbeans and is MASSIVE.

oh yes, definitely the hug meals at cosmic rays.

and I think some BBQ at flame tree.

I'm planning my birthday trip for next April and these are great suggestions for eating. There are six of us me and Dbf dd16 ds15 dd13 and ds2 and I am trying to plan it so we can make the most of our budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter