Your favorite moderate resort for an 8 year old girl

JennyKS

Mouseketeer
We always go in November. Normally just stay at Pop since we've had my daughter but this year we were blessed with a bouncing baby boy. He will only be 5 months old so I know we will be spending more time at the hotel. She loves to swim, also loves to take pictures. Not a big arcade fan.

Was thinking a moderate with better pools and a little more space. So what would be your favorite moderate resort?

Never stayed at a moderate (we normally do WL) but check our Port Orleans Riverside...they have some themed rooms that are new and I would think an 8 year old would love it. Can't remember exactly what the room is called but sure with a little looking you will find them. The headboards have fiber optic lights in them...stuff like that.

We always go in November. Normally just stay at Pop since we've had my daughter but this year we were blessed with a bouncing baby boy. He will only be 5 months old so I know we will be spending more time at the hotel. She loves to swim, also loves to take pictures. Not a big arcade fan.

Was thinking a moderate with better pools and a little more space. So what would be your favorite moderate resort?

They have Princess rooms at Riverside and Pirate rooms at Caribbean beach. Riverside gets you two themed pools (with waterslides) and a few quiet pools (Riverside and Port Orleans are sister resorts and share amenities). Caribbean beach gets you Parrot Cay, themed pool and several quiet pools.

I think the Royal Rooms at POR look really neat. (Those are the Princess rooms the pp refers to, but they're not overly "girly.") Check out the portorleans.org site for tons of info on POR and POFQ, as well as the FAQs in this forum for the resorts. I like POFQ for the small size, but if I couldn't stay there, POR would be my next choice.

Oops, I meant the FAQ threads in the Disney Resorts section of the DIS.

Before reading others responses I immediately thought Riverside as well.

While not a moderate, I think Art of Animation would be awesome. My youngest son loves Ariel and I think that would be neat. Plus the main pool is so great there.

Kim

Thank you, thank you! We were actually looking at the Port Orleans Riverside because of the pools and the website mentioned above has great info.

For the record, I'd love to stay at Wilderness Lodge, but the pocket book doesn't.

I also vote for Riverside. The main pool/ slide is great plus you have the option to use the pool at FQ.

The ground are so beautiful and would be great for picture taking:goodvibes

Our trip was right before the royal rooms but they do look pretty:thumbsup2

POR has been our only moderate stay. We have seen the other moderates and for some reason none of them look appealing to us.

I also really like having the boat to DTD that allows extra dining options to be considered.

CSR is out favorite and our six year old love it there. The pool has a very cool slide and the lake is just beautiful. Bus service is great and good food choices too.

We are DVC now, but prior to that we were hands down POFQ fans! I love it's size and the pool is great! My family loves the themed slide and I love the much shorter boat ride to DTD compared to POR. Most importantly - if you are taking a bus - it's a HUGE advantage because its the first stop when POR and POFQ are combined and when separates there is only a single POFQ stop...we live building 4 or 5 there And always request first floor with the stroller. Those buildings are close to the food court which was important for is to be able to sterilize bottles (i was nursing when i had the infant there but still used 1-2 bottles a day when it was inconvenient to nurse or DH had the baby) and binkis at the microwave and get breakfast/drinks etc...

Also - the pack n play fits great in the sink/closet area of the bathroom behind the curtain in case you need baby to have a little extra privacy (baby asleep but others want lights/tv on etc for a bit)...

We found CSR to be insanely too large and it can be very difficult to use the amenities because of it and we feel that POR has similar size challenges (and no slide - who wants to walk/boat 15 minutes to POFQ to use theirs?!). So, we visit POR sometimes during our trips if we want to go fishing but most of the time we are all set!

I have not stayed at CBR myself but my parents have. I like their pool area (no swimming at the beach area) so it's a matter of getting a room that's close to buses and the pool and dining areas....the preferred room does a reasonable job of meeting that criteria although not the closest etc.

Have a great trip! My DD loved Disney at 4.5 months old! It was super easy since she wasnt eating food yet (just nursing/bottles) and napped in her stroller to take her them compared to all of our other kid trips (11 months, 12 months, 15 months, 2, 3, 4,......)

Thank you all for your help! Booked Port Orleans Riverside. Now not to think packing for the baby. What a new experience this will be!

My DD favorite is POFQ. She has loved it from the first time we stayed there. We have also been to POR and CBR. She prefers FQ to both. The grounds are smaller, you are closer to the central building, food court and pool.

The pool at CBR is actually larger and pirate themed if she likes that, but the risk of being so far away is a downer for us. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter