Youngest age for stroller?

MamaDawg

Livin' the Disney dream
I was just curious what the average age that your youngest child(ren) stopped using a stroller while at Disney? This year will be our 4th visit in 5 yrs. I'm thinking we're finally at the point we can give up the stroller!! :banana: My youngest son just turned 5. The only concern I have is that we spend the majority of our days in the park to make the most of our visit. I'd hate for him not to be able to make it through the day. I realize we could just get a stroller after we see how he does.
So at what age did YOUR youngest child stop using a stroller? And how did they do when they walked the entire trip? Did you have to do more resting? Did they pass out from exhaustion at night? :laughing: Thanks!

3 Mine walked from 4 on. They did fine and we go for very long days, always stay for the night shows. No we didn't do anymore resting than normal, kids have more energy than adults!!

Of course they passed out from exhaustion at night but so did I!!!!! You mean you can go to Disney and not?

3 Mine walked from 4 on. They did fine and we go for very long days, always stay for the night shows. No we didn't do anymore resting than normal, kids have more energy than adults!!

Of course they passed out from exhaustion at night but so did I!!!!! You mean you can go to Disney and not?

:laughing: You're right! What was I thinking? NOW I'm remembering all those nights with aching feet and back muscles...and praying for bedtime. ;)
Thanks!

My niece used a stroller last year at almost 6 yrs old. We went in October and it was still hot. She needed a break from the sun and she walks extremely slow. I apparently walk very fast (according to my neighbour's son who was 10).

I'm bringing the stroller again this year for her sister who will be 4.5 yrs old.

Personally, I'd rather bring it and then park it somewhere. Then if I need it we can get it and head to another area of the park. It's also great for storing waterbottles, etc.

My oldest went to WDW once at 10 months (with a stroller, obviously) and then at 5 without a stroller. I think I had a harder time keeping up with him then he did with us. :rotfl:

My twins have been to WDW at 14 months, 3, 4, and 6 (and we will be there again in December, they will be 7). We decided to leave the stroller at home when they were 4. Actually, I had already sold all my strollers anyway since they were no longer using them at home. There was only 1 day where I almost rented a stroller as everyone was getting tired (heck, I would have loved to have someone push me around that day :rotfl2: ). That was the 5th day into our trip and we ended up just leaving the park early and going back to the room for a swim.

That said, our family is big on walking and hiking. We walk almost every day around the neighborhood and we also take a couple of trips to local amusement parks during the summer and my husband likes to take us all on long hikes in nearby national parks, so my kids are used to long days of walking. I can see needing a stroller for longer if your kids are not used to that.

We never used one.Our first trip was when our daughter was 4.She walked the whole trip.Never used one at home past age 2.5 .We would take breaks if needed,and there is plenty of sitting at disney as well as walking

I've been pondering this quite a bit lately as we have a trip planned in Sept 2011 and DD will have just turned 4. We'll also have a 7 month old with us, so obviously we'll have 1 stroller, but I've been wondering if we need a double or not.

DD has not used her stroller since she turned 2...she walks everywhere, and obviously she's no speed walker, but we plan our days so that we get to see everything w/o having to run around all over the place. By the time she's 4 I really don't see us needing a stroller for her at all. So we'll just be taking our single stroller and a baby carrier, and if DD really needs a ride (like maybe on one of our rare late nights) then I'll use the carrier for the baby.

But if it was just us and DD, no baby, I don't think we'd be bringing a stroller at all.

I would say 4 would be the latest, and that would be a "play it by ear" situation. Are they closer to 3 or 5? Are they still napping? Are they big or small? My kids walked from 4 on without a problem. They were so excited to be in WDW that they went, went, went all day and then passed out on the bus on the way back to the hotel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter