Young teen halloween costume ideas?

tjmw2727

DIS Veteran
Hopefully you guys are more imaginative than I am.

DD is almost 14 and has been invited to a halloween party - with costume.

She has been mostly a witch or a pirate over the past few years and wants something new. We walked around the local halloween store and nothing interested her.

Any fun/interesting/different ideas for a teen costume party ???

Thanks,

TJ

It seems with the publishing of books like Twilight and the like that vampires, zombies, etc are the rage for that age group in our area. Also, that goth bride look seems to be the "IT" thing.

HTH!

DD is 14. She has not dressed up since she was 12. That year, she went as some sort of girl pirate. The year before, she went as a lifeguard (I bought her the sweatpants, sweatshirt, whistle, etc).

DD is 14. She has not dressed up since she was 12. That year, she went as some sort of girl pirate. The year before, she went as a lifeguard (I bought her the sweatpants, sweatshirt, whistle, etc).

That would be my dd's preference - she hasn't gone "out" to TOT for a couple years but enjoys handing out the candy.

The party however is a costume party and all her friends are going and dressing up so she wants to as well.

She LOVES the twighlight series but I hadn't thought about a vanpire - great idea.

Keep them coming if you have them :)

TIA
TJ

While people are thinking of ideas, include boys too! My tween boy wants to dress up, but doesn't have a clue as to what!

I was thinking Michael Phelps if I can find a U.S. like sweatsuit. We then could make medals. He's not so gung-ho so I would love to hear ideas.

When I was in fifth grade, my best friend and I went as trash. We wore a trash bag and pinned trash all over a hat. I think we stuffed the trash bag with newspaper, but I think that would mean we would have had to fasten the bag around our neck somehow. That seems dangerous to me now!!

Jedi? Most recent costume party we went to my sister went as hermione granger (worn her university gradution robes) my BIL as a Jedi, myself and my eldest daughter went as Morticia and Wednesday Addams, my mother went as a fortune teller

A cat is pretty easy, all black clothing, ears, tail on a belt (easily taken off) fingerless black gloves & black painted fingernails with a painted face0 whiskers, green eyeshadow & pink nose.

Jedi? Most recent costume party we went to my sister went as hermione granger (worn her university gradution robes) my BIL as a Jedi, myself and my eldest daughter went as Morticia and Wednesday Addams, my mother went as a fortune teller

A cat is pretty easy, all black clothing, ears, tail on a belt (easily taken off) fingerless black gloves & black painted fingernails with a painted face0 whiskers, green eyeshadow & pink nose.

That's funny, my youngest dd is going to be Wednesday but my older dd really dosen't want to do Morticia -

Thanks for the great ideas - and ITA boy and girl teen ideas are welcome :)

TJ

While people are thinking of ideas, include boys too! My tween boy wants to dress up, but doesn't have a clue as to what!

I was thinking Michael Phelps if I can find a U.S. like sweatsuit. We then could make medals. He's not so gung-ho so I would love to hear ideas.

When I was in fifth grade, my best friend and I went as trash. We wore a trash bag and pinned trash all over a hat. I think we stuffed the trash bag with newspaper, but I think that would mean we would have had to fasten the bag around our neck somehow. That seems dangerous to me now!!

My son was Pac Man last year- Just wore all black- We made a HUGE Pac-man out of foamcore board and he wore it over the top part of his body. Then we made the "ghosts out of those foam pieces they sell at the craft store- attatched them with wire from the head so he looked like he was chasing them.

My DD12 (almost 13) will be going as a Deal or No Deal girl. We got her a dressy dress at Kohls and she already had the silver case from her Nintendo DS. Last year she went as an 80's girl.

A bit more on the off color side... some (Caucasian) friends of mine wore black trash bags with napkins they taped randomly on the outside... they were "white trash"!

Try shopping thrift stores for old clothes you can make into a costume. We just found a perfect dress to be a dead prom queen.

The "dead look" is popular, dead cheerleader, dead prom queen, dead bride, etc. Research the costumes to get ideas then shop the thrift stores to find stuff. Basically its something that's come back from the grave, so its all torn, spattered with dried blood, dirt, etc.

My DD12 (almost 13) will be going as a Deal or No Deal girl. We got her a dressy dress at Kohls and she already had the silver case from her Nintendo DS. Last year she went as an 80's girl.

That is a GREAT idea - I wonder if she will agree!

Tx

TJ

That is a GREAT idea - I wonder if she will agree!

Tx

TJ

Glad to help. My DD hasn't fit in children's costumes for the last year or two and I don't really like what is available in the teen or junior costumes. She liked this one because it's a little more grown up (dressy dress) and I liked it because I already had rhinestone jewelry and the case for the costume. I got the dress on sale ($30) and bought little silver flat shoes from Payless for $15), so it was much less expensive than what I usually spend and maybe she'll get to use the dress and shoes again for the holidays. Good luck with whatever you decide. Of course it would be an even better idea if you could get a few of your daughter's friends to dress like her or get a male friend to be Howie! I didn't have any luck with that, but I thought that it couldn't hurt to add that. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter