You'll see when you get it...5 days of Disney Dining

MainStMandy

DIS Veteran
Hey guys :) Well we just got back Friday night and I am home sick this weekend:( So I figured I would type up a quick dining report. We didn't take pics this trip (that was my ex-husband, lol:rotfl: ) Anyway here's a rundown of where we ate:

Counter Service:
Tusker House
Pinnochios
Cosmic Rays
Earl of Sandwich
Backlot Express

Table Service:
Alfredo's
Le Cellier
'Ohana
Coral Reef
Raglan Road
Boma

Alfredo's:

I know this place gets a bad rap sometimes, but I have eaten here several times in the past year and it's always great!! Even though I had a raging migraine, the food was still great. I ate kinda fast and went back to crash at the room so I may not remember everything.

Technically this was lunch as our ADR was for 4:30 but I felt so sick we went in around 3:45. We split the Antipasto all'Italiana and an order of calamari. The cheeses were great and the rest of the group devoured the calamari (I don't do seafood).

For lunch we had an order of Alfredo, the Trittico di Pasta, the Chicken Parm with an extra side of Alfredo and...I don't remember the fourth. We all loved our dishes and ate as much as we could. Dessert was fantastic as well, best Tiramisu I have ever had. One of our group had the basil mousse with tomatos that sounded kinda gross, but he loved it!!!

Monday we did Animal Kingdom and stopped at Tusker House. It was awesome!! My brother is not a big dessert person and was a bit dissapointed with the choices (carrot cake, cheesecake and chocolate cake). The food was great and hot though! We all had chicken with mashed potatoes and veggies.

Le Cellier-
We had the best server here (HI JUSTIN!!:cheer2: ). Our appetizers were Beer Cheese Soup, two orders of muscles and Crab and Salmon Timbale . My brother was convinced he found a pearl in one of his muscles...but otherwise it was great, as always. Our dinner took a very long time to come out, but we were having fun and barely noticed. With our dinners we got an extra side of asparagus and Creamed Spinach Gratinee as an apology for dinner taking so long. I had the mushroom filet, my brother and his friend Andy got the 14 oz strip and Jen got ...lol I don't remember. She loved it though!!

Dessert was great as usual, my brother and Andy got a fruit cobblerish dessert while Jen got the chocolate whiskey cake and I got the creme brulee. For once, everyone loved their choices.

Dinner here was great, and we were there for about an hour and a half. Most restaurants we seemed rushed, but here and Alfredo's we were encouraged to take our time.

Tuesday we split 2 counter services meals from Cosmic Rays. Nothing fantastic, but good. Dessert was awful. Sometimes I wish they would leave the dessert for CS off the DP. Oh well, just something to tide us over till dinner :)

Dinner was at 'Ohana. I enjoyed a Lapu Lapu before dinner. Dinner here was good, but the rest of my party was NOT impressed. They thought it was ok and we all definitely felt rushed. I have been here several times before also and never felt rushed to eat the way we were here. The one redeeming feature was dessert. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bread pudding here. Yummy :) We ate two...is there a smilie face for piggie???

The next day we headed back to Magic Kingdom and enjoyed lunch at Pinnochios. We ordered 2 paninins, one club sandwich and one chicken fingers...I can't help it. I LOVE Disney's chicken fingers and fries. And the cannolis there are so yummy!! Oh and my brother and Andy split figaro fries :)

Tonight was also drinking around the world before dinner at Coral Reef. Check out my trip report for our pics of drinking around the world...but dinner at Coral Reef was great. We told the waitress upfront that we had been drinking...and she brought us the biggest basket of bread!!! We all agreed that this dinner was awesome and Andy even voted it best of the trip :) Sorry, but I don't remember what we ate here...I know I had an ok salad, a great steak and the chocolate wave, but not sure about everyone else, haha. It was a little loud, but overall we weren't rushed and the food was awesome!!!

The next day would prove to be a MESS. We had 8 p.m. adrs for Rose and Crown...that I told my brother we would never make after Fantasmic!. So we settled on Captain Jacks...figuring we would get there rather late and since they didn't take ADRS...well I was wrong. I guess I missed that they have started taking ADRs and even at 9 o'clock were so busy, they weren't taking walk ups. At this point we were all starving and my brothers feet hurt him so much he could barely walk (another very long story). We ended up outside at Raglan Road.

I have heard some great things about Raglan but we were nothing but dissapointed. We were ignored, our steaks were cooked all wrong and the food was ok, but nothing great. When my brother asked about the It's Not bleeding Chowder...he wanted to know how it came...she said oh it's like..ya know...on top...you'll see when you get it. And when Jen asked how big the ham was...she was told it's medium size...Luckily we were only charged 2 ts for the 4 of us. I wouldn't return here again, except maybe for a drink.

Since we had an extra 2 TS, we decided on breakfast at Boma. This was fantastic and everyone loved AKL. We all split the bill that came and ended up only paying $11 each. It was great.

We ended with the day still having 6 CS and 4 CS. We stopped at Goofy's Candy Shop (still eating mine right now :) ) and we used the 6 remaining CS at Earl. By the time we ate them at the aiport, they were a little soggy, but still good.

I still say the DP is the way to go. Overall our food was great and we loved not paying OP for it all.

Sorry that your feeling alittle under the weather. If it makes you feel any better the report you did was great. Thanks!:thumbsup2

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter