• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You won't get the promotional offers to your email if you've been booking thru AAA?!?

whogirl'smom

<font color=royalblue>Any leftover grumpiness can
I called CRO tonight, like everyone else, to check if we had a code. I had double checked our email address today and updated it to our account we use the most (it was listed as the old Hotmail account). I got the NICEST cm that checked both of our names and didn't find anything :sad1: , but he said he noticed that we booked our last trip through a travel agent (AAA). He stated that if we booked through an agent, the promotional offers wouldn't come to our email address because the address on file for the reservation was the travel agent's! :scared1:

Has anyone ever heard of this? He made sure that our correct email was on file now through the disney website, and said we should start getting promotional offers now. I knew that AAA "owned" our reservation, but I never thought they were getting my codes! The CM said that even though our documents come with our names and addresses on them, Disney has the reservation through the agent's email, etc.

Anyone else run into this?

I don't know how true that is because I've booked through several travel agencies including AAA and have gotten emails from Disney.

I think the fact Disney sends you email promotions is not really linked to the trips you've booked in the past. I think they send them out based on demographics, etc.

Last year I got an offer forwarded to me from my TA. It was in my name but the email went to her email address. She forwarded it to me and told me she called Disney to check why it came to her. They ended up figuring out that when I called her and had left her a message to do a deposit on a hold she had for me the trip before, she did the payment very quickly online and put her email in the email box that should have been MY email. She ahd Disney change it in their system. I called back and verified it was correct but she not been paying attention, I never would have known it was like that. Unfortunatley I couldn't use the offer but it was nice to know she followed through like that. :)

for my next trip....but I also am in Disney's system and have asked for DVDs and other fun stuff to stay in the system.

Interesting though....something to check I suppose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter