• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You Platinum Plan people STINK!

beansmom

Grumpy Grandma Extraordinaire
so...since the minimum stay is changing Jan 1, DH and I have decided we DO wanna do Platinum once...you know just to see how the other half lives.

OMG!!! It's amazing!!! The IPO is wonderful!! It is so easy---I think I have been RUINT for life on this.

I told DH 'well, you know...we'll only do it this once....'

Whatever....i see a trip next year in my future. I wouldn't have even known about the Plat without these boards and the 'one night' thread. It's all your fault!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

mommy,

the platinum package is a Dining Plan (yes, it IS listed under dining in the Disneyworld site) that gives you meals (all meals are 1 table service--even signature dining), tours, recreation, La Nouba, spa treatments, Richard Petty experience, etc...lots of great perks.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vacation-packages/2011/platinum/

Until Jan 1, you can book a one nite stay (must be a deluxe resort) and purchase the platinum package. After Jan 1, the minimum stay will be 3 nites.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2404255

Many people have done the one-night on either the Platinum or the Premium (which is good, too...just fewer 'perks'). The difference in the Premium and the Plat is about $60 per person per nite, well worth the difference. We booked at the AKL in December as rates are pretty affordable there.

We have
Cinderella, Victoria & Alberts, Rose & Crown, spa treatments, 2 Epcot tours, a fireworks cruise and La Nouba booked. It will be a busy 2 days but wow! how great will it be??!

DH was 'well, isn't $950 for ONE night in Disney a bit expensive' but once i showed him all that we 'get', he says it is a good deal and is very excited.

If ya have more questions, just let me know. :)

mommy,

the platinum package is a Dining Plan (yes, it IS listed under dining in the Disneyworld site) that gives you meals (all meals are 1 table service--even signature dining), tours, recreation, La Nouba, spa treatments, Richard Petty experience, etc...lots of great perks.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vacation-packages/2011/platinum/

Until Jan 1, you can book a one nite stay (must be a deluxe resort) and purchase the platinum package. After Jan 1, the minimum stay will be 3 nites.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2404255

Many people have done the one-night on either the Platinum or the Premium (which is good, too...just fewer 'perks'). The difference in the Premium and the Plat is about $60 per person per nite, well worth the difference. We booked at the AKL in December as rates are pretty affordable there.

We have
Cinderella, Victoria & Alberts, Rose & Crown, spa treatments, 2 Epcot tours, a fireworks cruise and La Nouba booked. It will be a busy 2 days but wow! how great will it be??!

DH was 'well, isn't $950 for ONE night in Disney a bit expensive' but once i showed him all that we 'get', he says it is a good deal and is very excited.

If ya have more questions, just let me know. :)

WOW! Thats crazy! Thats alot of stuff!!!

oh, i forgot...just like any other package, you must purchase a one day park ticket....but, yeah, it's AWESOME.

It makes for hectic days but I'm willing to 'feel the burn'. :)

For the platinum plan you must pay rack rate at a deluxe hotel, while the premium plan can be booked with paying the rack rate at any hotel. While it is $60 extra to move up the different plans, you also have to include the difference in rooms. To go from POP to WL- it was a difference of $250.

For the platinum plan you must pay rack rate at a deluxe hotel, while the premium plan can be booked with paying the rack rate at any hotel. While it is $60 extra to move up the different plans, you also have to include the difference in rooms. To go from POP to WL- it was a difference of $250.

well, we wanted to splurge so we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter