• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You Mean We Have to Eat Again? 1st time DLX Dining Review- Updated with Boma

Thanks for the reviews and beautiful pics! I love the title of your thread - I just laughed when I saw it because that's EXACTLY what my kids and I were saying after day 2 on the deluxe plan last year! My skinny scrawny 18 YO boy has a bottomless pit and a hollow leg and never seems to be full - I was worried that he'd be getting hungry on the basic plan so I upgraded... holy COW that's a lot of food! Even skipping several lunches and doubling up credits to plug in the Luau (SO amazing) and some signature restaurants and Cinderella's castle for my little princess, by dinner on the 2nd day, my hungry teenager was saying "You mean it's food time AGAIN?" LOLOLOL!!!!

Looks like you had a WONDERFUL birthday - hope your 30th is even more magical!

Man, your Dad's dessert at California Grill sounds so awesome!!!! I already have all my ADRS made, but I sure wish I could work in California Grill....I wish you could just go for dessert, lol.

Great job on the reviews!

So obviously I lost steam with finishing my reviews before Christmas...but last week we booked another Disney trip for this November! I'm excited to start thinking about our ADRs and plans so I thought in the process I'd try to finish these!

So, we had an ADR for Flying Fish so after spending the morning at Animal Kingdom and part of the afternoon at Magic Kingdom, we grabbed a cab from Coronado to the Boardwalk. We got to Flying Fish about 45 minutes early and tried our luck with checking in early, but they were packed and in fact turned away walk-ins in front of us. We spent the time exploring the boardwalk and checked in and got seated right at our ADR time.

Our server came to greet us and take our drink order right away while we looked over the menu. As appetizers, my dad and I chose the Shrimp Cocktail and the Crispy Maine Coast Jonah Crab Cake. Mom chose some sort of crab and lobster appetizer that was a special that night. I really liked the crab cake, and I know that Mom enjoyed her appetizer.

For the entrees, I had the Oak Grilled Maine Diver Scallops. My mom had the New York Strip Steak, and I can't remember what dad had! Sorry! I do know that while all of us thought that our meals were good- none of us were wowed by the entrees. I could see not being in love with the steak since we had all loved the previous night's filet's so much- but we were disappointed not to be awed by the seafood selections. In fact, I enjoyed the risotto part of mine more than the scallops!

For dessert, we went in 3 totally different directions. I had the dessert trio that at that time had the popcorn mousse, whoopie pie, and cherry limeade popsicle. My mom got the no-sugar added pumpkin cheesecake, and dad had the banana napoleon. The dessert trip was a bad choice...the whoopie pie was very dry and the popsicle was really really tart. However, we all loved the other two desserts.

So, although we did enjoy this meal and the service was excellent, we weren't wowed and this one didn't make it onto our repeat list for next year.

Thanks for the reviews and beautiful pics! I love the title of your thread - I just laughed when I saw it because that's EXACTLY what my kids and I were saying after day 2 on the deluxe plan last year! My skinny scrawny 18 YO boy has a bottomless pit and a hollow leg and never seems to be full - I was worried that he'd be getting hungry on the basic plan so I upgraded... holy COW that's a lot of food! Even skipping several lunches and doubling up credits to plug in the Luau (SO amazing) and some signature restaurants and Cinderella's castle for my little princess, by dinner on the 2nd day, my hungry teenager was saying "You mean it's food time AGAIN?" LOLOLOL!!!!

Looks like you had a WONDERFUL birthday - hope your 30th is even more magical!

Thank you! It was so much food! But, we apparently haven't learned our lesson because we just booked our trip for this November- with Deluxe Dining again! We really did figure that even though of course we would never order an appetizer, entree, and dessert each normally, it was totally worth it to have the choice to do it on vacation and not worry about it! Plus- we loved trying Signatures each night.

Man, your Dad's dessert at California Grill sounds so awesome!!!! I already have all my ADRS made, but I sure wish I could work in California Grill....I wish you could just go for dessert, lol.

Great job on the reviews!

Oh it was! California Grill is the one place we have as a must-do repeat for our next trip- and I'm sure you could go just for dessert! I hope you have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter