IMG_6135.jpg

IMG_6136.jpg

IMG_6137.jpg

IMG_6138.jpg

IMG_6140.jpg

IMG_6141.jpg

IMG_6148.jpg

IMG_6149.jpg

They may be a little out of order because my computer is a little messed up with the order of the pictures....

Still can’t believe I didn’t get into a pool the whole trip! Well... guess that means I have to go back again, right?

Here’s the smoking area where we watched the fireworks.

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

This is why they were doing a refurb while we were there, ewy!

IMG_1833.jpg

The Grand Floridian Cafe

IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg

Blanche’s breakfast

IMG_1840.jpg

Rose & I both got the French toast. Yummy!

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

We went for another walk around the resort before we got our bags to head to the DME pick up. So sad!

IMG_1844.jpg

IMG_1846.jpg

IMG_1849.jpg

Our room was in the corner. It was basically the second room on the right, which the linen closet between the two rooms. There was a connecting door between the two rooms, so the closet must not have been very big.

IMG_1857tocropforNick.jpg

Our room from outside

IMG_6099.jpg

It was sad waiting for our DME, it’s such a sad experience going home and so exciting coming back. I don’t know how the drivers do it, they normally don’t get too excited on the way back, but on the way down, the ones I’ve had have been upbeat and help keep me pumped for the trip.

We had no issues with our flight home, didn’t lose any luggage... but I was over the $750 limit they put on you crossing the border.... uh oh!

I knew I’d end up paying because I spend $1750. That’s in stuff that I was taking home with me! I will not be dishonest and take the tags off and stuff like that. I have too much Catholic guilt, or... honest guilt that my mother raised me to have! And I like to keep my receipts because they help me to remember where I was at a certain time. So I claimed it all. I get to the airport and I almost got through when the person checking the customs cards says, “Oops, you have to go over there.” I go in and the agent working asks what I bought and then asks for my receipts. He takes a look through them and says “Well, because it’s the US, you don’t have to pay any duty, just the GST tax. And only on the amount you were over, which is $1000.” The amount I was supposed to pay was only $50. Why do people stress over it? It’s not much at all! (He said more, but I don’t want to get him in trouble...;o))

All in all, it was a great trip. I wish Blanche had been feeling better because then it would have been more fun for her. It was more relaxing and slower than we would have liked, but that was really nice. I liked that. Maybe next time I’ll go for a whole month and relax all the time! LOL I’m a teacher, I can’t afford that. We enjoyed the food we ate, we enjoyed the company, we laughed and cried (through our laughter), and we loved our time in all the theme parks.

I found out afterwards that the doctor had told Blanche not to drive, and here she was driving around the rental car!!! If I’d known that, I would have brought my license (I forgot it in my car, but I had my passport) and then drive. But it was natural for us to let Blanche drive, she’s a nurse and did a 6 month stint at a hospital in Orlando. Now if she can ever get better, we can go again!

We’re hoping to go in November, but nothing is set in stone. It depends on if I can get a day off work and if we can get cheap flights. I found flights out of Halifax leaving the Saturday March Break started and coming home the Wednesday for $408 and I really want to jump on the plane! I knew I shouldn’t and couldn’t, so I didn’t. LOL

I’ll be back again one day, Disney, don’t miss me and my wallet too much!

Up Next: A few last thoughts (I found the book I wrote a few notes in.... Hee hee hee) and some pictures I really like from previous trips.

I'll let you know, but don't hold your breath! :rotfl: I am only a teacher.... ;)

Illuminations is my least favorite fireworks show.... sorry! Maybe I need to give it a better shot. I love Fantasmic and Wishes more...

I think I spent the most time in the countries this year than most. I really need to do more, which is why I like the little Kim Possible missions, they force you to look around the countries a little more. Morocco was really pretty, I liked it, and it was definitely the first time I even stepped food "inside" the country. On my first trip, I didn't even realize that you COULD wander the countries. I thought they might have restaurants and that was it. I really missed out on a lot. No wonder I didn't like Epcot much that trip! I love Epcot now, as much as I love DHS, AK and MK at least! :rotfl2:

Missed the American Adventure show and Off Kilter. Never saw either one, but both are on my list for my next trip, unless it's just a short one, in which case, I will not have time to see those, because it will only be for 2 very short days, if I get to go.

the countries is what really makes epcot the best..the different cultures, cusines and just the overall atmosphere...u can't find that in any other park at disney..those countries give us all a little glimpse of thier home life..i think it is rather nice.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!
the little red box!
brings back memories.
For all those who want to stay at the Grand Floridian and don't - DO IT!
It is worth the extra money. You pay for all the wonderful service and they do a good job. You do feel like a princess.

I WANT TO GO BACK!!!

I think I spent the most time in the countries this year than most. I really need to do more, which is why I like the little Kim Possible missions, they force you to look around the countries a little more. Morocco was really pretty, I liked it, and it was definitely the first time I even stepped food "inside" the country. On my first trip, I didn't even realize that you COULD wander the countries. I thought they might have restaurants and that was it. I really missed out on a lot. No wonder I didn't like Epcot much that trip! I love Epcot now, as much as I love DHS, AK and MK at least! :rotfl2:

Missed the American Adventure show and Off Kilter. Never saw either one, but both are on my list for my next trip, unless it's just a short one, in which case, I will not have time to see those, because it will only be for 2 very short days, if I get to go.[/QUOTE]

Love the countries! Still wouldn't take my kids but will let them have a pool day while I go! Leave the kids with Dad, right? Dorothy?
Although 2 or 3 of my kids would probably like the Kim Possible moission.
I'll just have to go twice!
:cheer2:

3 busy days! that was relaxing! the only thing we need to figure out is how to get more home!
Shopping is fun! and relaxing! so was the GF!
I am so ready for that again!

the countries is what really makes epcot the best..the different cultures, cusines and just the overall atmosphere...u can't find that in any other park at disney..those countries give us all a little glimpse of thier home life..i think it is rather nice.

Yep love the countries! I really do. I've eaten at Rose & Crown twice, and love it. I need to eat in Mexico and Italy now. Yummy.... I love travelling, so being at Epcot is like mini trips.... AND Disney too!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!
the little red box!
brings back memories.
For all those who want to stay at the Grand Floridian and don't - DO IT!
It is worth the extra money. You pay for all the wonderful service and they do a good job. You do feel like a princess.

I WANT TO GO BACK!!!

What do you mean by the little red box? I have no clue! But yes, the GF is worth the money... Especially the 40% off amount we got.... :rotfl:

LOVE all the pictures! Remembering them all..........sigh
Can't wait to get to Epcot!

Ohhh.... was the little red box before Epcot? I need to go back and try to figure it out.

Love the countries! Still wouldn't take my kids but will let them have a pool day while I go! Leave the kids with Dad, right? Dorothy?
Although 2 or 3 of my kids would probably like the Kim Possible moission.
I'll just have to go twice!
:cheer2:

Oh, take the kids... there is more at Epcot than JUST the countries, you know. Our niece loves it, remember, that's her favorite park. Your oldest niece, just to be specific. And, there are characters and rides, and Epcot is amazing, can't take the kids to all the other parks and not Epcot, because then, well, you'd hurt Epcot's feelings.

But take them, and then send them to the pool with Dad after they enjoy the parts they want to.

3 busy days! that was relaxing! the only thing we need to figure out is how to get more home!
Shopping is fun! and relaxing! so was the GF!
I am so ready for that again!

That was nice, we really should do it again.... but I need to stay at all the other resorts before I go back to the GF... maybe.... I want to stay at all the other resorts, but three days was not really enough. Maybe we could stay there again if we can....

Here's from one of your nieces Aunt Dorothy!
TAKE ME TO FLORIDA!

:cheer2: :littleangel: :cool1: :thumbsup2

:banana:

Sure thing babycakes, but save your money!!!

Notes:

I had lent my sister my Disney book that had my notes; not that there were many notes, but the notes that I did take were in that book. She decided that she and her family (this is not Rose, it is another of my 5 sisters) could not travel to Disney this year, so she returned my book. I got a chuckle out of some of the notes I took. Some of this might be repeats, but some are not.

The journey: 1. When we left home, it was cloudy and 19 degrees Celsius, which is around 66 F I think. That’s quite warm for a PEI morning.

2. It was sunny, hot and beautiful when we arrived in Florida.

3. The best part of the journey was that they held the plane for us in Montreal.

4. The worst thing about our journey was that the first flight left 20 minutes late, and then Dorothy got THOROUGHLY searched in Montreal, bags opened and gone through, x-ray machine, all nine yards!

5. The funniest thing was that they thought Dorothy was a terrorist!

6. During the journey, we tried to sleep and to take lots of pictures. Blanche did sleep, and I did get some pictures. My nephew had given me a list of things to take pictures of, and I think I did fairly well. Some were things like “a man/woman wearing an orange vest, mode of transportation, a bathroom sign” etc.

7. The most magical moment during the journey was getting to the hotel and the room was ready!

Our room: 1. The first impression: Nice, we like it. Quiet location.

2. Best thing: Blanche: The bed is surprisingly comfortable. (I was not surprised, I’ve never had an issue with a Disney bed. If I did, then I’d be surprised; but maybe I’m not picky because, well, I’ve slept in some old beds growing up!) Close to the main area, but not directly outside a noisy pool.

3. The worst thing: Connecting room, and two nights the mom kept yelling at her very young sounding child. And the tour groups, one night they were running around and yelling, but it was only one night and only for a short time.

July 25: Blanche got up at 3:40, Dorothy got up at 4:30 (Nice to live 5 minutes from the airport and have the other one come to you, isn’t it!) Rose and DN15 drove us to the airport.

6:50 ADR 50s PT Cafe. (We made it and we LOVED it)

Memories of first day: Beautiful and hot, loved 50s PT and Fantasmic,

Worst thing: Dorothy being frisked, nearly missing flight,

funniest things: Waitress Mandy at Fantasmic, Jim from Florida in line for

Fantasmic (He threatened to come find me if he didn’t like Fantasmic since I told him the wait was worth it.)

Most magical moment: The man in the customs line who helped us out, then the worker at the airport who sent us through the “crew” line in customs and then had the plane held for us. What wonderful dolls who started our trip with some extra pixie dust.

July 26: 8:25 am ADR for Crystal Palace, beautiful and hot weather

Best thing: Lion King, Crystal Palace

Funniest thing: Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor

(Can you tell I’m not good with the note taking on a trip?)

July 27: Beautiful and BOILING hot weather

Best things: Blanche- the pizza at US, Dorothy- Rip Ride Rocket (it was FREAKY) and T2.

Worst thing was that Blanche couldn’t ride much.

Funniest thing: Shrek 4D

Most Magical moment – True Love’s Kiss on Enchanted

July 28: Beautiful and hot with a bit of rain

Best thing- Blanche’s Mickey ice cream bar, Dorothy’s frozen lemonade (waited a long while to try one)

Worst thing – we had to go back to the room early because we were tired

Funniest thing – when Push saw me eating the frozen lemonade, he said “Didn’t your mom tell you not to eat yellow snow?”

Today we tried – to go to bed early.... and we did.

The most magical moment – Two little boys at It’s a Small World. This is going to take a little explanation because it’s adorable. The CM told us to get in the front row. Then Blanche was taking a little longer to walk there, because she was hurting, and I was in the row when an adorable little boy got in the row with me. His parents were telling him that he had to sit in the second row. Blanche asked if they’d rather have the front row, because we wouldn’t mind sitting in the second. (She never asked me! I guess I was okay with that. Hee hee hee) So we switched. And those two little boys in our boat made the whole ride extra special! They got all excited about everything, they were asking us questions, they were pointing everything out and telling their parents to take pictures and video tape things. It was SO adorable. I think IASW will mean just that much more because of those two adorable boys.

July 29: hot, hot hot! (And that’s all my notes! LOL)

July 30: 12:00 noon ADR for Rose & Crown

Aug 2 – Rose’s arrival day.... 3:40 ADR for Garden View Tea Room at the GF (which as you know, we didn’t make at that point).

Aug 4 – Breakfast at 8:15 Grand Floridian Cafe

That’s all my notes... sad, isn’t it? I really need to fix this habit, especially if I’m going to write a TR of each trip!

Here is the highs for each day of the trip according to weather underground. I am curious to see if my days at Universal and SW were indeed hotter than the others or if it was all in my head.

The highs were at least 34 every day and the highest was 37 on the 27th which was the day we went to Universal. I don’t know how to calculate the heat index, but the humidity level was as low as 88 some days and as high as 94 others. It was 94 the day I went to SW. Oh well. It sounds like they were hot days to me! Hee hee hee

DisneyFreak,
I just stared reading your TR and I am enjoying the balance of pictures and story telling. Also your photos are amazing! Have you studied photography? And may I ask what kind of camera you use? I am in the market for a new camera in prep for our next trip.

Thanks for sharing your memories!

Addendum: And as it turned out, you already answered my question. I don't think an SLR is in my future, but the Cannon G11 is worthy of consideration. Thanks gain!

DisneyFreak,
I just stared reading your TR and I am enjoying the balance of pictures and story telling. Also your photos are amazing! Have you studied photography? And may I ask what kind of camera you use? I am in the market for a new camera in prep for our next trip.

Addendum: And as it turned out, you already answered my question. I don't think an SLR is in my future, but the Cannon G11 is worthy of consideration. Thanks gain!

Thank you! I really do like my DSLR, and the Rebel series are basically a "beginner" SLR. Take a look at the new G12s they have out. That's newer than the G11. I love my little G11 (which is big to some people, but small compared to the SLR) and it really is a great camera, just not as good as the bigger one I have! :laughing: If you take a look on the photography section of this board, you will find lots of suggestions about cameras. Good luck with your decision and have fun on your trip!

I forgot to share a cute little story with you. It was in my notes, but it was hidden in with the handsome boys on It's a Small World.

In the food court that same evening, we saw two little girls. Twins. They were precious! One was having a little meltdown. She had the tears and she was worked up. At one point we hear her say "I don't want sauce. Why are you putting sauce?" And the other little girl rubs her back and says "No, that's my sauce. It's okay. It's my sauce." I thought it was so sweet the way she was trying to calm down her sister. She was using a little soothing voice too.

Of course, now that I teach kindergarten, I see that most kids can act that way, not all the time, but most of them have that capacity to play the nurturer. I love when my little five year olds look after each other and think the others in the class are younger than they are!

UP NEXT: Some favorite pictures from previous trips that were never in a TR, so I'll put them in here so they don't feel left out! ;)

I went solo in 06 for my first trip. Ended up getting stuck overnight in Boston, so I was in Florida from Monday at noon until Friday morning. I had 3.5 days of Disney, but it was enough to get me addicted! I had a film camera at the time, but when I had the pictures developed, they put them on cd for me too.

This picture is special because it was the very first picture I took inside of a Disney park.

06-1.jpg

The only time I've seen DeVine. In 4 trips into the parks and possibly up to 8 visits to AK (I hop a lot:yay:) I haven't seen her any other times.

06-3.jpg

I love the clarity and the reflection in this one, from the Safari.

06-4.jpg

In 2007, I went with my nephew. We ended up having to overnight in the Halifax airport because they cancelled our flights.

Here he is. I still can't believe he totally pulled it on over his face. The first time was by mistake, then I asked him to do it again for a picture, and he did!

07-1.jpg

We walked up Main Street at opening, with Alice and the Mad Hatter:

07-2.jpg

Do you see my DN in this one? Take a look in the left corner of the picture. I had taken a little photography course at a local college before the trip. That's where I learned how to do that.

07-3.jpg

I always say this one proves that the animals in AK are real.

07-6.jpg

I think this is from one of the walking trails in AK. I love how it makes me feel that I'm NOT in a theme park!

07-7.jpg

DisneyFreak,

oops... forgot to answer another part of your question, sorry Mrs. Gumdrop!

In around 1994, I took a community school course in photography because I loved taking pictures. Then in 2006, in the fall, I took a little night course (short course) at a local college. I learned quite a bit and that was the first time I used a setting on my camera besides "automatic". Since then I've read a lot on line (a lot on the Dis as well), and I bought a lot of books. I am now taking a little online photography course too. I need to get out and take some pictures for it and finish the readings, but this module is complicated! :confused3 Oh well, I'll get it done. I really wanted to get some extra learning done because I am planning to go to an RCMP graduation soon, plus I am going to Spain this summer, and then it will always help at any trip to Disney! :rolleyes1

In 2009, when Blanche, Rose and I went on the shopping trip, I took a lot of pictures too.... Here are some.

Blanche opening the door at POFQ. I like it, it's not what I normally see.

IMG_6303.jpg

I took another one like this one where I made the policeman in focus and the firefighter a little blurry.

IMG_6466.jpg

Some of the flowers at POFQ. These make me think of poinettias.

IMG_6533.jpg

Our mugs.... on a garbage can! But Disney is that clean....

IMG_6545.jpg

We shopped at the Contemporary, the Poly and the GF and I snapped away there too. Most are just like snapshots, but here are a few from the Poly that I like. I didn't put the angels, but I love those too.

IMG_6674.jpg

J107topaz.jpg

J108topaz.jpg

And we walked up to POR for breakfast on our last morning.

J162topaz.jpg

That's it for July 2009.

In August 2009, I went back and did a solo 8 night trip. It was great. If I had been thinking, I would have booked it at the end of the 3 night shopping trip, but then I would not have had any room for anything in my luggage. I shopped a little too much on each trip. The total was about the same as my trip in 2010..... I like to shop Disney I guess!

The pool at ASMu.

DSC01987topaz.jpg

While waiting in the extremely long line at BTMRR, but the time said a lot less. They definitely had the time wrong on that one.

DSC02043topaz.jpg

Another incredibly unusual shot:

DSC02654.jpg

Swiss Family Tree House shots:

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

This guy's tower fell just as I was taking the picture. I like how it turned out, even if it is a little blurry.

IMG_0324.jpg

Yes, David, you should go see the Tree House next time!

A few shots of the castle at night, handheld:

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

And a few in the morning while waiting to be let into Crystal Palace. Yes, I did a character meal (two actually) solo. It was a little different, but my waitress was so sweet, she came buy and took pictures of me with the characters each time.

IMG_7670.jpg

IMG_7673.jpg

IMG_7692.jpg

From the Winnie the Pooh ride:

IMG_7769.jpg

10 minute wait for Haunted Mansion.

IMG_7861.jpg

Views from the castle, because I ate at CRT alone. Loved it, want to go again, but it's about $50 for BREAKFAST!!! I have a hard time eating at Cora's because it ends up being over $10 for my breakfast.... (But I love it there too.)

IMG_8540.jpg

IMG_8542.jpg

IMG_8589.jpg

IMG_8594.jpg

The stairs inside the castle:

IMG_8569.jpg

IMG_8601.jpg

IMG_8609.jpg

IMG_8611.jpg

IMG_8617.jpg

I'll be back with more, but I think that's enough for this post!

Here are a few of my favorite Epcot shots now. .... My internet is acting up. Or maybe it's my computer! Who knows. .... Or maybe it's the website! Grrr.... Oh well.... I'll try anyways.

I like the way the sun rays are in this one.

IMG_7923.jpg

It's like he's saying : "Come closer, come on" (Actually, he was, but it looks like he's just telling me!)

IMG_8079.jpg

"Good girl"

IMG_8081.jpg

Here is my cup of potato and leek soup. Oh my gosh it is so good!

IMG_8097.jpg

And the gardens in Canada.

IMG_8136edited.jpg

Wow. I guess I didn't have many favorite pictures in Epcot. I think it's because my pictures don't do it justice!

But that means there is enough room for some AK pictures!

I saw the Jamin' Jungle Parade for the FIRST time last year. Here are a few interesting characters from the parade.

IMG_8773.jpg

IMG_8801.jpg

IMG_8813.jpg

I love the theming in all the Disney parks.

IMG_9765.jpg

IMG_9769.jpg

Remember the birds at Sea World? Well, here are the turtles. A third turtle came over to watch!

IMG_8942.jpg

Water and a tree. I can't remember where from AK I took this, but I like the shot.

IMG_8946.jpg

A meerkat

IMG_8959.jpg

Festival of the Lion King

IMG_9090.jpg

I saw (from afar) Lilo & Stitch. They were signing autographs. Stitch dropped the pen and then Lilo had to pick it up. I like how this one turned out.

IMG_9884.jpg

I think I need a new post for all the DHS/MGM pictures from 2009.

I like to hop and go where I feel like going, especially solo. I usually follow a plan at park opening and then hop somewhere else and do what I feel like doing, riding the parks with the least wait times etc. And taking lots of pictures of course!

Tower of Terror

IMG_8192.jpg

Do you see the Hidden Mickey?

IMG_8201.jpg

IMG_8274.jpg

The Great Movie Ride? I think so. I always confuse GMR with the Backlot Tour.

IMG_9199.jpg

Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

IMG_9204.jpg

IMG_9255.jpg

Mulch, Sweat and Shears is it?

IMG_9266.jpg

Indiana Jones

IMG_9429.jpg

And all I have left are my BATB pictures. A lot of them because I really liked the ones I got last year. When I put them here, you'll see almost the whole story:

IMG_9515.jpg

IMG_9524.jpg

IMG_9551.jpg

I like this next one because you see the look on Belle's face, plus you see the Beast... Uh oh, I'm caught!

IMG_9560.jpg

Now she's sulking.

IMG_9562.jpg

I have a bunch of these showing the whole progression of him putting his hand around Belle.

IMG_9576.jpg

IMG_9579.jpg

Are you with me or against me?

IMG_9580.jpg

IMG_9583.jpg

Oh no!

IMG_9609.jpg

I'm human again!

IMG_9618.jpg

Belle, it's me, the guy you've been calling The Beast! (At least Catherine called him Vincent on the TV show! LOL)

IMG_9621.jpg

Is it really you?

IMG_9623.jpg

Oh but it is!

IMG_9632.jpg

Here they come, all prettied up!

IMG_9643.jpg

EW! They kissed! (or Awwww Hee hee hee)

IMG_9658.jpg

And they live happily ever after!

IMG_9671.jpg

And that's the end of my favorite pictures... today. They change regularly, but I always loved those BATB pictures. I just think they are really clear and tell the whole story.

Thanks for reading the TR, now if only I can get Rose on here to explain the SN story.... She's a writer, she'd do a much better job of it. And she sews, she made the purses we used on the trip. Let me look and see if I can find a picture to show you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!