You know you're a DVC member when...

When you plan where you stay based on what you're planning to do, and not on cost. Food and wine, beach club. Bringing little ones, BLT. Staying out of the parks, SSR. Etc.

Also, you know you're DVC when you mentally work out ways to maximize your points to get more trips in this year.

• ...you are planning 3 or 4 trips in 2017 just for fun
  • ...you are happy to just spend an hour or two in the parks and then return back to your resort
  • ...you maintain a spreadsheet to track your points and plan out future vacations
  • ...your kids hum "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."
  • ...you stalk airline websites for great fares just in case and when you see one your then head to DVC to check on availability that would work if you wanted to do a "quick" trip to Florida
  • ...you have actually left your resort one night, an hour before a park is scheduled to close, and gone to the park solely to ride two rides and then leave...just because you can!

Last edited:

When you are plotting out your next 3 years of trips seeing how many trips you can squeeze out of those points.

I am crazy and have a spreadsheet figuring out where we can stay and for how many points. Very excited that our April trip next year we decided to forgo the Savanna view and go standard 2BR -- that is 70 more points for our next trip!!

When your co-workers ask when you're going back because they saw other co-workers on the last trip and they want to go

Or

When you're grandson and son automatically think we are going to Disney every Christmas then get mad because it's not your vacation pick.

When your penny pinching 80 year old father calls you and asks, " So when do your Mama and I need our tickets?". They love DVC.
A couple of weeks a go...same man said..."I am bringing a small bag cause doing laundry at Jambo is FREEEEEEEE!"

Here's one I bet all of us DVC members get...
...from friends, family and coworkers...."you're going to Disney AGAIN" with an eyeroll.

What I tell people is:
Whoever pays the piper calls the music.
If your family wants you to go on a vacation and they are willing to pay for it, go and have a great time on them. If you are paying for the trip you go where and when you choose to go.

You plan a trip to WDW for a week or so and don't plan to enter any theme parks at all.
Did this for the first time in May...
Guilty...went Dec. '15, Feb '16, May '16 and Oct '16... looking at going again real soon!

Have done the first part of your statements many times.
Just last year, at least one night in a DVC:
Jan '16, Feb 16, Mar '16, May '16, Jul '16, Aug '16, Sep '16, & Dec '16.
Already scheduled for this year:
Jan '17 (Twice), Feb '17, Mar '17 (DVC MK Party), Jun '17, Jul '17, Sep '17, & Dec '17.
These do not count day trips to DS and/or the parks for a few hours.

Last edited:
Sleep in...go to park for a few hours. See the crowds increasing....time to chill by the pool.
Then going to Epcot just for dinner and walk around the world.
I love my DVC.
kerri

When co-workers as..."so what did you do in Disney this time"
and you answer, "I watched Alaska State Troopers on Nat Geo."

Oh my goodness! One trip my husband and I watched at least ten episodes of on Discovery Channel about these people trying to fight off whale hunters. We don't even like whales!

1) When planning multiple trips a year becomes the norm
2) When we sit on our balcony for HOURS with no mind to if, when or why we'll be entering a park
3) When people start actually asking when they can come with me on a trip!
4) When I have my first grandchild (yup that's me) and in the first few days of his life I start dreaming of what I'll plan for his first trip there!
5) When the choice to book a 2 bedroom with 7 guests is EASY and doesn't cost a penny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter