You Know You are Having a Good Time When Someone Snorts!

Your first day sounds great! Cabana Bay looks like a pretty neat hotel! I am so glad you got to go to Blue Man Group. We have one here in Boston and I have been a couple times. Always a fun time!

I am so glad you are back with another report! I loved all of your previous reports and with the long trip report sabbatical, I was worried you had retired from trip reporting! But, alas, the reports are back! I just went and read the entire cruise report as well!

What a fantastic first day!

Too bad your new luggage didn't fare well though.

Cabana Bay is too cute. Love how funky it is. I will definitely have to stay there at some point. Thank you for all those great pictures!

And how awesome is Cass! That's an awesome surprise!!! Glad you enjoyed the show. That's going on the list as well.

I think it was the tweed material. I will be honest and say I wasn't impressed with the looks or material of that larger suitcase when I got it, but it was on clearance and I figured for the price I would give a try. I have since bought a large bag to match my carry ons. The maroon bag will be Claire's to use from now on.
Cabana Bay is a really fun resort. I really loved it.
Cass's surprise was so awesome.

How much fun!

I always buy cheap checked bags because the air and cruise lines actually TRY to destroy them I think. My carry ons are pricey though. Loved your blue color!

Cass is a great friend to surprise you with the Blue Man Group. Sounds like an awesome show.

I hear you on that. My cheap luggage usually falls apart fairly fast too, but it' such a pain to lug around when they flip forward and I was so tired of fighting them. I heard from many others that if you do pay more for your luggage to get better quality they usually last longer. I really think it was the material of this bag that was the problem. It was on clearance when I bought it and I noticed they have not put that same material out again, so I think that particular style was not doing as well as her other styles.

Your first day sounds great! Cabana Bay looks like a pretty neat hotel! I am so glad you got to go to Blue Man Group. We have one here in Boston and I have been a couple times. Always a fun time!

It is such a fun hotel. If I could have extended my trip longer I would have loved to have another day just to hang out there.

I am so glad you are back with another report! I loved all of your previous reports and with the long trip report sabbatical, I was worried you had retired from trip reporting! But, alas, the reports are back! I just went and read the entire cruise report as well!

I did write one about our Alaskan cruise from last summer too. That one is in my signature as well. We also took a trip to NYC last Thanksgiving and I did not write up anything but I am debating on still doing one. I just need more time in each day.

What an awesome first day. The resort looks really nice. If only they offered free Universal Express when staying there - I might be tempted.

We LOVED Blue Man Group. We took our students to see them in Vienna and it was so much fun. Thanks for sharing all your pics too.

What an awesome first day. The resort looks really nice. If only they offered free Universal Express when staying there - I might be tempted.

We LOVED Blue Man Group. We took our students to see them in Vienna and it was so much fun. Thanks for sharing all your pics too.

I agree. I would stay there a lot more of they offered the Express pass.
Blue Man group is so funny!

Feb. 3, 2016, Wednesday

We had a busy day planned for today and the first thing was to transfer to the Hard Rock Hotel. When staying at the Hard Rock Hotel, express pass is included. Our goal was to get over there and checked in early and obtain our express passes and then try to make it to early entry at Universal Studios. That meant we were up at the crack of dawn.

One thing I want to note is that there were several pop/soda machines around the hotel. Both Cass and I drink diet coke but most of these machines were out of diet coke. I went looking for one last night and I think I just caved and got a lemonade after looking at 2. This morning I went out and I think I still went to 3 or 4 before having any luck.

I had noticed last night that they had luggage carts out by the elevator so my plan was if one was still there I would grab it to make it much easier on us today. Cass has the same idea and when I went out she mentioned me getting one too.

We were in luck and I grabbed one and we loaded our luggage and headed down to the lobby to make our transfer. We were using Uber to make the transfer. Cass had used it to come over to Universal and said it went smoothly. She did her thing on the app and showed me how it worked as I was going to use a referral coupon from her tomorrow when we transferred over to Disney.

We got Uber XL because…..well because I pack a lot of luggage. LOL. XL means you will get a bigger vehicle and that is exactly what we would need to haul all the bags over. The car wasn’t too far away but I had to go the bathroom so I ran back in quickly.

A few last shots before we left. Cass had told him we would be standing by the blue car.

Cabanacar by Jenseib, on Flickr

One last shot as I was coming back from the bathroom.

cbroom1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We loaded up and made our way over to the Hard Rock.

My thoughts on Cabana Bay….I loved it. I loved the theming and the whole resort itself. My only big complaint is the vending machines….and that they couldn’t let us in to see a suite. Cass had a few more issues, especially on her first day there, so she wasn’t quite as impressed as I was. It was mainly staff issues, with them taking her stuff she had under a towel at the pool (which then everyone blamed someone else for, but she eventually got it all back) and some slow service and a few other smaller issues. I didn’t have any really. As I watch air prices for our Oct Trip, I had been looking at possibly extending my stay 1 more night after the cruise and staying at Cabana Bay.

I changed my mind earlier this week though and booked Sapphire Falls. The car rental was going to run the same price as Disney transfers for the 3 of us to MCO. The hotel rate I got is just a little more than the difference of the flights on Sat and Sun and honestly if I am paying that money, I rather extend my vacation than spend it on a flight. I choose Sapphire Falls because it is new and I just wanted to experience it.

It was not a very long ride over to the Hard Rock, but unfortunately they don’t offer a luggage transfer service from Cabana Bay.

We walked right in and it was pretty quiet. Cass was good about taking pictures of front of the hotel, but I failed miserably and I don’t think I ever took a single one.

When we walked in the lobby this cool clock was in the floor.

hr1.1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The lobby was pretty cool.

hr2.1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We walked right up to check in.

hr3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think it was Brandon that checked us in. He was so cool, fun and nice and pretty easy on the eyes too. He said our room was ready…our pool view room! Awesome! And Cass, said, yes that’s it. She had been the one to reserve the room and told me she had just reserved a standard and she wasn’t going to mention that when Brandon told us pool view. LOL! We had to put a credit card on hold and I put mine on this time. One of Cass’s issues at Cabana Bay was putting her card down and our room was prepaid but they double charged. She went to find out why she had been charged a 2nd time and they had some strange reasoning. Honestly we think they messed up. They told her would be a few days before those charges went off and her husband wasn’t too happy about it, so I took the chance this time…and never did my card get charges at Hard Rock.

hr4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then went and got our Express passes from the machine. We laughed so hard doing this. The picture thing is totally messed up. Cass had to crouch to even get in. One of us ended up with a totally black picture. I can’t remember if it was me or Cass but it was a total black box. We asked Brandon if we would get any hassle over it and he said no.

We then had a Bellman take us to our room. I can’t remember his name, but he was super friendly and talkative. He pointed out everything in the room and I mean EVERYTHING. It was great, but we wanted to make the park opening and so we patiently listened and took pictures while he talked to kind of give him the hint we were on a time limit.

hr3.1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr5.1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

These are so cool…they are drum sticks.

hr13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Are our Bellman left and we took sufficient pictures, we scrambled on out. We were told the fastest way to the parks is to go through the pool area, but only when the pool is open and of course it was too early for it to be open yet, so we headed down and found some other people heading to the parks and they kind of guided us to the right direction.

hr14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

There is a boat launch in this area, but we took the walking path.

hr16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We saw some people walk through here and they ended up beating us to the parks, so this must be a shortcut. I did take it later and it was shorter.

hr18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The path is beautiful, but I was walking fast so I got a lot of blurry pictures.

hr19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Hard Rock is the closest hotel to Universal Studios and I loved the location.

hr23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

There is a little bag check area you have to go through and then you empty out right in front of the entrance. We headed in and they were letting people in already, but only so far and you had to show your room key to get early entry.

I do have to comment that with Universal you swipe your card and then put your finger down to be scanned, kind of like you used to do for Disney. I have issues with finger scans. And I can guarantee at Universal mine won’t work and sure enough I had trouble. I think they had me use my thumb to get it to take but later when I entered again it would not take and they basically have to override it to let me in. Each Team Member is convinced they can teach me a new trick to get it to work and then are amazed when their tried and true ways just don’t work on me. LOL.

We did our fast walk towards Diagon Alley. I was still pretty fresh as this was my first park day, but Cass was a little slow moving because she had already been going at it for several days…and she had a blister. That being said, Cass’s slow walk is still darn fast and I didn’t have to slow my pace any for her.

hr6.1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

trans1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Pretty much everyone heads back to Diagon Alley first thing.

uni2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was interesting to see this area under construction. The Beetle juice show used to be back there and you could see the stage being demolished. I never did get to see that show, and honestly there is still a lot of stuff I haven’t seen or done at Universal.

constr1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Kings Cross

uni5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They really did such a great job with this area and some people don’t even know where to go to get into Diagon Alley. At times TM’s would be out front pointing people in the right direction.

uni9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And we’re in….and we headed straight for Gringotts.

uni11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And the line was LONG!

univ23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

However it appeared they hadn’t started letting people in yet. We got in line and waited.

uni12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After a while a few witches and wizards came around to say they were having issues with the ride and it could be down a while…basically it could be 5 minutes or 4 hours. Of course they hope to have it running soon. After a bit, people started leaving one family member in line and going off to do their own thing. We kept moving closer even though the ride had not opened yet.

uni13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We could hear the dragon getting ready to blow.

univ1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Fire!

univ2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It seemed to me that they lessoned the blow of the fire compared to when I came the year it opened. I could be wrong, but it just didn’t seem like as much.

The family in front of us wanted to do something, or hit the restrooms or something. We told them they could go and that we would let them back in line. Of course about 2 minutes after they left the line started moving. As we got closer I had to go put my bag in the locker and return to the line. The family never showed up by the time we got inside.

uni15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They really did such a fantastic job with this queue.

uni16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

You can’t carry any loose articles in here so your phone or camera has to fit into a pocket. I wear the Bermuda type shorts (they are actually guy shorts) that have big deep side pockets so that I can fit both my phone and camera in pockets when riding rides at Universal.

uni17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This was a look down at the spiral staircase but it came out blurry, but I still thought it looked cool.

uni21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was neat going through the queue fairly fast. Last time I think my wait was like 90 minutes (which still wasn’t bad for it being brand new), but it was 105 outside.

uni23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Cass had used the single rider line the day before, so the queue was all new to her this time around.

univ4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Into the elevator.

univ26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then out to pick up our 3D glasses and then you go up some spiral stairs to the cart station. I think we got the first row of the cart and that was pretty darn cool. You can see things much better in the first row. Last time I was in the very last row…but that has advantages too, like when you make the drop, which isn’t really a big drop but from the back it looks much longer than from the front, which is cool.

It was a great ride and I think we went to hit the bathrooms before going back and riding again.

univ28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After we hit the bathrooms and we came back to ride the single rider line.

univ11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I can’t remember if we rode it once or twice, but we both like the ride. Then it was time for me to eat. I get a little nasty if I don’t get some breakfast. Cass on the other hand doesn’t eat much breakfast while on vacation. She came with me to the Leaky Cauldron where I got myself a bite to eat and a butterbeer.

univ15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Cass gave it a try and said it wasn’t really her thing. I love the cold version. I have had both cold and frozen and I know most people like the frozen, but I just didn’t care for it too much. I notice they now have a hot version and I bet on a chilly day that would be good.

I got a pancake platter and pigged completely out on it.

univ14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The food is good, but not great. I enjoy it, but it is not something that you would say…wow that was a great meal. It is still fun to eat in these Potter themed restaurants.

uni27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After I was filled up, we set off to look around Diagon Alley a little bit more.

univ19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Of course we had to look into Knockturn Alley.

uni34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

You can buy a magical wand that interacts with things and kids were doing this all over. I really want to get Claire one…you know…because I really want one, but I can’t justify buying it for myself. LOL.

uni39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni40 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni41 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni42 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni43 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni44 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni45 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And now it’s time to check out some other things in the park.

uni46 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Great update! Hotel change sounded super smooth. Awesome that your room was ready and you didn't need to leave your bags with bell services. The new room looks beautiful.

Great pictures at Universal. The theming in Diagon Alley is just amazing!!!

Looks like you had a fairly smooth travel day. What a pain about the damaged suitcase. Cabana Bay looks really nice. That was a nice surprise that you got to see Blue Man Group on the first evening.

I loved all the photos from Diagon Alley. I finally got to try Butter Beer on the first day of our last vacation and loved it. Here in the UK they only have the cold version.

Corinna

Great update! Hotel change sounded super smooth. Awesome that your room was ready and you didn't need to leave your bags with bell services. The new room looks beautiful.

Great pictures at Universal. The theming in Diagon Alley is just amazing!!!

We really could ask for it to go any smoother. I was so happy the room was ready.
Diagon Alley is fabulous!

Looks like you had a fairly smooth travel day. What a pain about the damaged suitcase. Cabana Bay looks really nice. That was a nice surprise that you got to see Blue Man Group on the first evening.

I loved all the photos from Diagon Alley. I finally got to try Butter Beer on the first day of our last vacation and loved it. Here in the UK they only have the cold version.

Corinna

I like the cold version. I am sure it has about 5 billion calories but I had several glasses while there. After all I can't get it anywhere else. I wish they sold it out in Citywalk too.

I have to say that I have never cared for the looks of the Hard Rock hotel but it is pretty neat that the room had a sink in the bathroom and a second right outside. That is my favorite type of setup.

I have to say that I have never cared for the looks of the Hard Rock hotel but it is pretty neat that the room had a sink in the bathroom and a second right outside. That is my favorite type of setup.

It was a fun resort, but for me the theming at Cabana Bay was more my style. I enjoyed both resorts though.

Heading out of Diagon Alley we had a few other rides and attractions we wanted to hit.

uni47 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Left from the old Jaws ride.

univ13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The Simpsons!!! Cass rode it back when it was Back to the Future and I think she agrees that that was one awesome ride. This would be her first Simpsons experience.

univ16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I believe she liked it but commented that it was exactly the same ride just with Simpson theming…and that is true. This is a huge hit with my family though. One of our all-time favorites.

I did not take tons of pictures, but my guess is we hit Men in Black too.

A little lizard visitor. I can remember on my first visit to Florida as an adult I thought these were so cute and strange to see them all over. When I took my older 2 for their first Disney trip, my son chased these all over, sure he would catch one and bring it home as a pet.

univ17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

univ6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We saw Betty Boop out, so I stopped for a quick picture.

univ7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then on to Dispicable Me.

univ8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Cass and I talked about the previous rides in this building. I remember going on when it was a Hannah Barbera themed attraction. It was then Jimmy Neutron after that I believe and I don’t think I ever went on it then….a TM overheard us and told us we didn’t miss much on that one. Hahaha.

They did a great job with this ride. It is basically still the same ride machine, but has a better theming and I think they may have tweaked it to make it better. During the ride someone either stood up or took their seatbelt down so the whole thing shut down. Then the announcement was made how you had to stay seated…I think they started it back up from the beginning, but I can’t remember for sure now.

I believe we headed to Transformers and the Mummy ..or they were fit in there between other rides…as well before moving on to take the Hogwarts Express over to Hogsmeade and Islands of Adventure.

univ9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hog6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

To be able to ride this back and forth to me is worth the hopper ticket price alone. It is so well done and if you are a Potter fan, it’s a must do.

hog1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

EEEK..Dementors are coming.

hog2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hog3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We made it safely over to Hogsmeade.

hog4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And found the crowds.

hog5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hog7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think we headed off and rode Forbidden Journey. We may have used the single rider line? I can’t remember. I rode it several times this trip and did both lines so I can’t remember which I used when.

Time for lunch. They were having a fish special today and we both decided that sounded good. I was getting another butterbeer and Cass mentioned she would get a diet coke. When she said that, I told her she couldn’t as they only serve Wizarding World drinks in the Harry Potter parts of the parks. I kind of assumed she knew that and was saying it as more of a reminder…she on the other hand thought I was kind of joking with her. When we got to our seats, she said I was right and hadn’t realized that. I am sure she did know that at one time and kind of just forgot about that. I think she tried for water and of course they only Gillywater, which was like $5. So I think she got some tea of some sort.

I did mention that I forgot to use my AAA card to get a discount and then she told me something I didn’t know…AAA discounts are no longer accepted with your AAA card like they used to be. Bummer.

My lunch.

hog8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was just ok. Not the best fish, but still ok.

After lunch we headed over to Spiderman and rode that. Transformers and Spiderman are pretty much the same type of ride, if you like one, you will like the other. I personally like the story on Spidermans better, but both are nice rides.

Cass was feeling worn out now and was ready to head back to the room. I was going to keep going for a little bit longer, but we walked to the front together.

They were redoing the Hulk coaster and took down the track and that is what was left of it…Death Trap! LOL.

hog9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hog10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We made a bathroom stop at the front of the park. When I went in, the bathroom was completely empty. So I went to a middle stall and did my business. Someone comes in while I am in there and goes to the stall next to me and her kid on the other side of me. Seriously? You have an empty bathroom and you go to the stalls next to the only person in there? I know that is no big deal, but I just found it weird and a theme this trip. I am one that unless the bathroom is full, I will go in a stall that is not next to someone else…give them any extra privacy, etc. But even though I follow this code, many others do not. I just found it strange.

I think after I came out, Cass headed back to the room and I did some shopping.

After looking around a bit (not sure if I bought something, but I did bring home stuff from Universal, so at some point I bought things) I headed out.

islands12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

These are the will call kiosks where you pick your tickets up at.

islands15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I did stop at the ticket window as I had to redeem my 2nd days ticket. I had 2 one day tickets, one I got for free and I had to pick that up at an actual window and show credentials for it.

I then walked down on the Hard Rock side of City Walk and went back into Universal Studios. Of course my thumb no longer worked and they basically had me bend over backwards, stand on my head and chant before they over rid the system to let me back in.

I wanted a snack and I had seen a place earlier today that sold cheesecake. I LOVE cheesecake so I stopped in and got one to go.

uni48 by Jenseib, on Flickr

uni49 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I can’t remember what kind I got, but I took it back to the room and it was pretty good…not the best, but it did hit the spot.

After I had my cheesecake I left the Studios and walked back to the Hard Rock Hotel. My feet had already started getting a blister and it was hot and my body was already sore. Boy I am out of shape!! I slowly walked back and even stopped at one point and sat on a bench to rest my aching feet and I called home and talked to Claire.

I wasn’t sure where the faster entrance through the pool area was, but I did see a different path, but chose not to take it in case it led me nowhere and I would have to walk even more. I should have as it was the right spot. Instead I went the long way around and then headed back to the room.

I ate a bit of the cheesecake and then saved the rest for later. Cass and I were just chilling out and resting and I felt the need for a nap. I told Cass if I fell asleep to wake me at a certain time and she said ok, because she wasn’t going to go to sleep. Sure enough I was out like a light and slept for a while and when I woke the room was quiet….and there was Cass fast asleep. LOL!

I decided to head out and take some pictures around the resort.

hr25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr7.1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I walked back in and over to the courtyard area for a bit.

hr30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then back over to the pool again. I seemed to wander all over the place according to the order of my pictures. LOL.

hr32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr40 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr41 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr42 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr43 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr44 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr45 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr46 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This is when I found out that that path had been the right one.

hr47 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr48 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr49 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They have Cabanas for rent here as well.

hr50 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr54 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr55 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The water slide

hr56 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr57 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr58 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr59 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr60 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr62 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr64 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr65 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr66 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr67 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They have a fabulous pool area.

hr68 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr69 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr70 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr71 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr72 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr73 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr74 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They were setting up for some event over to the side.

hr75 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr77 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr79 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Love the view.

hr76 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This motorcycle was fun looking.

hr78 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr80 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And I love this water feature.

hr81 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I went back in and took a quick peek in the grab and go place, Emack and Bolio’s.

hr82 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr83 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr84 by Jenseib, on Flickr

These little stools were down one of the hallways on our way to the elevator. I don’t know why or exactly what they were for.

hr85 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr86 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A look in the Hard Rock store.

hr87 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr88 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr89 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And a walk through the lobby.

hr90 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I loved the look of the plastic chairs.

hr91 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr92 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr93 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr94 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr95 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr96 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The light fixture is a drum set.

hr97 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr98 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr99 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr100 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr101 by Jenseib, on Flickr

These are the express pass kiosk.

hr102 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr103 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr104 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr105 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr106 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Back to the room I went, and Cass was up. We joked how she wasn’t going to take a nap and how she was totally out when I woke up. Obviously we both need our beauty rest!

A look at our view.

hr107 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr108 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I told Cass I was going to head back to the parks for a bit. She wanted to know if she should wait for me for dinner and I told her it was up to her. I didn’t want to make her wait if she got hungry, but I kind of did want to eat with her. I told her to text me when she was getting hungry and we could make the decision then.

hr51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr9.1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I went over to Islands of Adventure.

islands16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Once again my finger would not scan.

I played with the settings on my camera and took a few pictures.

islands18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I headed to Seuss Landing to ride the Cat in the Hat.

islands1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The ride did not spin this time around. I know several years ago I read they stopped the spinning for some reason, but I had ridden it since and it did spin. This time no spinning, so I guess they stopped it again.

ioa1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ioa2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ioa3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ioa4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This whole area is so cute and I just love taking different pictures of it.

islands8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A look over at the Lost Continent.

islands10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I just walked through the Lost Continent without stopping to do anything.

islands32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

On to Hogsmeade!

islands37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I stopped off for a Butterbeer.

islands40 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And after I drank that, I headed off to Forbidden Journey.

islands41 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands42 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands43 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I did the single rider line and was on and off pretty fast.

Then I headed to the Flight of the Hippogriff.

islands44 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands45 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands46 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands47 by Jenseib, on Flickr

That’s such a fun ride but it is way too short.

I then tried for some night shots of the castle, but it was hard to get anything good with my point and shoot camera and phone.

ioa5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands48 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ioa6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ioa7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

island1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Now entering Jurassic Park.

island2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ioa8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands49 by Jenseib, on Flickr

island3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Let me tell you that walk through there alone was scary. Very little lighting at all and it was DARK!.

Somewhere along the path I saw this wait sign.

islands50 by Jenseib, on Flickr

island4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I tried to take a picture of this drink sign because someone at home had asked for it, but it turned out bad.

island5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

See how creepy this is? Of course they had part of it walled off to make Kong, so hopefully it is better now.

islands52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I felt a bit safer once I got to Toon Lagoon.

islands53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands54 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands55 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands56 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands57 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands58 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands59 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands60 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And on to Marval Super Hero Island.

islands61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ioa9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands62 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands63 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands64 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands65 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think it was in here that I got the text from Cass that she was ready to eat. I told her I would like to eat with her but was working my way to the front. If she couldn’t wait, to go ahead without me, but if she could then I would be coming soon. She said she would wait. I kept working my way up front, but I did want to stop back at Seuss Landing as I saw some things I wanted to buy, but didn’t want to carry them around all evening with me, so I quickly made my way there.

islands66 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands67 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands68 by Jenseib, on Flickr

islands69 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Now I thought I was going pretty fast. I knew where everything was I wanted to buy, but I guess when you are waiting on someone the time ticks slower and while checking out Cass asked how close I was. LOL.

With purchases in hand, I headed out of the park.

islands70 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I made my way back to the Hard Rock and Cass told me to let her know when I got to the pool area and I did and she was right there when I walked up. Perfect timing!

We headed into The Kitchen and were seated right away.

kitchen5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We made our orders and this was brought out.

kitchen4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I got the quesadillas. They were awesome!

kitchen1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I believe Cass got a burger.

kitchen2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The food was awesome and we had a very attentive server.

They brought the dessert tray around…..It was so darn cute…and as much as I wanted something, I really was full and decided we both decided to pass.

kitchen3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

hr10.1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After dinner, we went and got changed and headed out to the pool. Cass swam and hot tubbed and I hit the hot tubs. There were 2 nice ones and in the 2nd I got to talking to a couple and we had a nice conversation. Cass preferred the other hot tub because it had a beautiful Palm tree over it so she stayed in that one more.

All too soon we were kicked out and we headed back to the room and got ready for bed.

Our night view.

hr1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Tomorrow we were meeting up with Ellen, Katie and Wendy for lunch and we were also moving again. Cass was feeling worn down and decided that she was going to skip going to the parks with me in the morning and just would meet for lunch. In the end she decided not even to come to lunch and just rest up.

I went out to look for a diet coke and Emack & Bolio’s was closed. So I went off to find a vending machine. A Team member asked if they could help me and I said I was looking for a vending machine. He told me they didn’t have any in the hotel. Now I thought that was the strangest thing. He told me if I hurried I could get a drink from the Hard Rock store, so I did and just made it before closing. I got a chatty team member checking me out. She was nice, but I really just wanted my diet coke and to go to bed and she was telling me her life story.

I headed back to the room and went to bed then. I really liked the Hard Rock hotel, but my one complaint would be not being able to find a vending machine or a place to get a drink late at night. This is actually my complaint with Royal Pacific too. They seem to have fancier places to eat and not much for the quick service meals or grab and goes, though Hard Rock did have Emack’s & Bolio’s, it closed much too early.

I am only caught up to the end of our first day together but I wanted to comment first before continuing :thumbsup2

Then finally Cabana Bay. It seemed like a really long ride, but in reality it was probably around an hour. But when I am so excited and Cass is waiting on me, it seemed like an eternity.

Oh my gosh, I felt so bad for you every time you updated me on your whereabouts :(

Cass said she had straightened it up a bit so it would be picture ready.

Well, I didn't do a very good job now did I?!!! The sheets are hanging out of my bed and I should have put my toiletries away for you :rolleyes2

It was BLUE MAN GROUP! What an awesome friend!!!!

I just knew that you would love it as much as I did and it had been forever since I'd seen it. :p

I went with a burger and fries and they were delicious.

You know, those fries do not look good but they so are!! I remember first seeing pics of them thinking, really? McCain frozen fries? But they is so yummy :love:

I am pretty sure I almost immediately spilled ketchup on myself.

I did that on Monday, my first meal of the day and I had to fly home at 9pm :scared::rolleyes:

We noticed the pools hours. I believe the one over on our wing closed at 11 but this one was at 10.

At least it wasn't 8pm like the Poly! Still, I think pools should be open until midnight and hot tubs open 24/7 as long as you're quiet ::yes::

or she is a big fat liar!

Totally a big fat liar :rotfl2:

I am not sure which construction this was for, but assuming it was for the addition at Cabana Bay. They are adding like 400 new rooms here I believe. And then Volcano Bay is also being constructed nearby.

Do you remember when we were Ubering to the Poly, and I pointed out (just past this construction) and said that is gonna be Volcano Bay and our driver said no, VB is way North??? Jerk! I was totally right :p VB is going to be right next to the CB expansion! :rolleyes:

I headed over to check out the lazy river. Unfortunately I never got to get in.

I felt terrible you didn't get to see it! We had the time but we kept blabbering to each other up in the room and totally lost track of time :sad1:

I then facetimed her which she was pretty impressed with. She knows I don’t normally do it and it was probably the first time I ever have.

I didn't know that was your first time!!! I FT with my family all the time, even in Calgary :teeth: Actually I use my phone 100 times more for FT than as an actual phone :rolleyes1

I don’t remember what she got, but she only wanted half and she placed the other half in front of me. I told her I didn’t want it and she insisted I have it. Ok, I’ll take a bite….wow that is a darn good sandwich….OK twist my arm, I ate the whole half. LOL.

Hot turkey sandwich!!! :love: And I want my halfa sangwich back now :rolleyes1 :lmao:

The show was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!! So many different neat acts and these guys never crack a smile. At one point we were laughing so hard and Cass snorted. Then that made me laugh even harder. You know you are having a good time when someone snorts!!!!

Do you remember the lady behind us??? She was laughing so loud, it was making us laugh even harder!!! :rotfl2::rotfl:

I don't think I have ever snorted so much in my life :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter