You know it is summer whe you make (blank) for the first time?

MSSANDRA

DIS Veteran
Just made my favorite summer salad for the first time this summer!

1 large fresh tomato
2-3 small cucumbers (peeled)
1 large sweet onion

dice it all and toss with mayo (I use fat free). Add salt, pepper and a little sugar or splend!!! Chill and enjoy.

Also frying fresh squash, having fresh from the garden green beans, watermellon and cantalope. Might do some salmon or might not!

What makes it summer at your house ?

I know it is summer when everyone starts asking me to make my potato salad and my pasta salad! I only make them in the summer

I know it's summer when I buy my first watermelon from the side of the road guy!

I know it's summer when DD and I make Sharpay Coolers. (From HSM2) It's basically 7-Up with blue food coloring, put into a "fancy" glass, some sort of straw, and a bamboo umbrella. We like to sit in the backyard and sip our coolers. DD thinks it is quite fabulous.

I know it's summer when DD and I make Sharpay Coolers. (From HSM2) It's basically 7-Up with blue food coloring, put into a "fancy" glass, some sort of straw, and a bamboo umbrella. We like to sit in the backyard and sip our coolers. DD thinks it is quite fabulous.

That does sound fabulous, my daughter would love this!

At our house, summer means we make lemon slushies. Hopefully the weather will be nice enough to make them next week :).

mmm lemon slushies, please share! :)

I know it's summer when we start eating salads because it's 100 degrees outside. LOL Really tho, I do have a certain thing I make only in the summer, but no one but me actually eats it in our house....lol

sliced cucumbers
sliced onions
water
vinegar
salt

put the cukes and onions in a bowl, add vinegar just until you can see it under the veggies, add salt to taste and fill the bowl with water. It should taste slighly vinegary but not overly, the cukes & onions soak up the flavor and taste super good. At least to me they do. :)

At our house you know it's summer when I buy the big box of ice pops. No cooking involved but yummy! We also make our own juice popsicles!

BLT's. We really enjoy them when tomatoes are at their best. Had them last night and they were really enjoyable, especially because our weather is getting hot/humid.

I know its summer when I can go to the Boardwalk and have a Kohr's frozen custard. (Jersey people, you know exactly what I'm talking about!) Preferably an orange/vanilla twist one.

For me it is strawberries. The juicy kind that run down your arm when you bite in. I discovered this summer that I love strawberries on salad. YUM!

For me, it is all about food...
sour cherry pie
peach pie
berry streusel pie
fresh corn salad
fresh pasta with tomatoes, basil and garlic (all from the garden)

My famous pasta salad!! I was supposed to make it last Sat for a pool party.... but it rained.... maybe this Sunday!!!!

Summer starts when we're swimming in strawberries. We've already put up enough jam for the year, frozen some for ice cream topping/pancake syrup, and still have a box in the fridge for snacking.

Slice watermellon, cut into shapes with cookie cutters, insert sticks, wrap in plastic, and freeze.

(You can put the "scraps" into a fruit salad - if you don't eat them all while you're working!)

Strawberry jam, strawberry pie, sweet corn, melon, cucumber slaw, anything on the grill!!

I know its summer when I can go to the Boardwalk and have a Kohr's frozen custard. (Jersey people, you know exactly what I'm talking about!) Preferably an orange/vanilla twist one.

Oh I know what you're talking about...although it's been a few years..
We avoid the boardwalk between Memorial Day and Labor Day..(We have
a front porch view of Parkway south :rotfl:)
I know it's summer when my kids ask me to make my potato salad or blueberry pie, and when we eat a ton of watermelon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter