The Disney Tipping Info Thread *Updated 9.1.09*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 4 different families going in June, can the 18% tip be split among the 4 parties..meaning put on different rooms/cards or cash?

But this year since we are a party of 6 the automatic gratuity is going to be about $415... :scared1: and that is if we never leave more than the auto tip...

Wow! Oh well... we will be eatting well!

But this year since we are a party of 6 the automatic gratuity is going to be about $415... :scared1: and that is if we never leave more than the auto tip...

Wow! Oh well... we will be eatting well!

our gratuities were over $1000 last year (family of four plus infant, ten day trip) on the deluxe plan... it was CRAZY! and i regretted upgrading from Free Basic DDDP to DxDDP because of the tips... what we finally ended up doing was switching around some ressies and hitting the meals that included the gratuity (SoA, HDDR, CRT) just to give ourselves a little break in the pocketbook!

our gratuities were over $1000 last year (family of four plus infant, ten day trip) on the deluxe plan... it was CRAZY! and i regretted upgrading from Free Basic DDDP to DxDDP because of the tips... what we finally ended up doing was switching around some ressies and hitting the meals that included the gratuity (SoA, HDDR, CRT) just to give ourselves a little break in the pocketbook!

:scared: :scared: :scared:

We did the plan for 11 nights (2 adults & 2 kids) and spent about half that on tips! With 4 adults and 1 child on our upcoming 8 night trip, I'm figuring on $6-700 in gratuities.

We have 4 different families going in June, can the 18% tip be split among the 4 parties..meaning put on different rooms/cards or cash?
Yes but... you will need to request separate checks (one for each party) before you order, and let your server know which Guests are on which card. They really can keep track of it :)

I mean, you have to do this anyway - since each party can only order as many meals as there are Guests indicated on their Key to the World. So you couldn't use your credits to pay for everybody at one meal, and then another room/party use their credits to pay for everyone at another meal...

So then, your auto-gratuity will reflect only the items YOUR party ordered.

I thought I read somewhere that gratuity is included on the DDP at CRT. Is that true? I don't see anything about it on Deb's site, so I just wanted to double check before I plan on it. Thanks!

We are doing the basic dining plan, and made three exta ADRs, that we are going to pay out of pocket for. (we may decide to cancel our first ADR, because after a 16 hour drive, we may just want to sleep). I did the math, after paying for our extra meals, it would only be about 100 each to upgrade to the deluxe. Then I did the math, and we would be spending about 40 to 50 dollars a day in gratuities. That would be a big chunck of our spending money. I am a big tipper, and my boyfriend is even a bigger one, so it's not that I don't want to tip, it is just I don't want to spend 1000 bucks on tips while on my vacation.

We will be headed to POR next week and we are on the DDP. My hope was to use the $200 gift card we are getting with our reservation for our TS tips.

Should we put a cc on our room card and charge the tips to our room and then pay it off w/ gc (can we even do that?) or would I be better off just giving the restaurants the gc for the tip portion.

Any thoughts?

Because the policy of the restaurant board requires that tipping questions be posted to the Tipping Information Thread, this thread is being merged with the main tipping thread.

I thought I read somewhere that gratuity is included on the DDP at CRT. Is that true? I don't see anything about it on Deb's site, so I just wanted to double check before I plan on it. Thanks!

I was told that the tip for CRT is included, whether you are on the DDP or not. It's just part of the cost, and so is Hopp Dee Doo.

hi! trying to make the most of free dining in terms of not having to spend oop.
I konw that alot of them are 2 credit meals, but which meals include gratuity paid for on the ddp????
thanks!

Yeah, I think you are right. the signature dining includes gratuity, doesn't it?? what I don't remember is the character meals.. like Crystal palace and chef mickey's. I seem to recall leaving a tip at both, but who knows, I was high on Disney at the time.

CRT, pizza delivery, in-room dining, grand gathering events, and the dinner shows (HDDR, SoA, MBYBBQ) have gratuities included in the price/meal credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter