You have 2 1/2 days in San Diego

binny

do something that MATTERS!
what are you going to do?

I know what the websites and the books say and know what I tell me clients but I want to hear what YOU would do!

Anniversary trip, just the 2 of us. :love:

Thanks!

Well, I would spend a day at the zoo for sure. I would also eat dinner at Anthony's Fish Grotto, and then spend some time walking around Seaport Village. I would also like to spend time at Sea World and go to see the lighthouse at Point Loma. Honestly, there is so much that I would want to do, but there would be no way to do it in 2 days.

Have a great time!

Stay home and hope the tourists spend money on outrageous prices at all the tourist attractions!!!!

MAX out those credit cards people!!!

hehehehehehhe

Assuming your half day is your arrival day, I'd say
Half Day: Cabrillo National Monument for the views, Dinner in Old Town
Full Day 1: Zoo, evening in the Gaslamp or take a ferry over to Coronado
Full Day 2: Day in La Jolla, kayaking/beaches w/ a nice dinner

for more detail

We will actually be there for a couple of day before, we fly in on Friday and are staying at the Del for 2 nights. This is a business trip for him and they are sending us on a harbour cruise. Dh and I added another 3 days to the trip and we will be staying in Old Town.

Thanks for the ideas!

If you are staying in Old Town I would definatley suggest spending so time in Old Town State Park and eat at some of the great resturants in Old Town. T DH and I did this on our first trip to San Diego and we really enjoyed it and it was easy to get to because we always stay at the Old Town Inn. The best part is you can take as much or as little time as you want and it is mostly free (might have to pay to see some things). We also enjoyed Balboa Park which again can take as much time as you want. As others have mentioned there is the Zoo, Wild Animal Park and Sea World trifecta. Also we did the Old Town Trolley tour which takes you all over the city and you can hop on and off at any of the stops, we really liked that because we got off at a few places and then when we got back on the narration continued right about where it left off.
Just keep in mind you will not be able to see everything in one trip, DH and I have been 3 times now for about 4-5 days each trip and still have not seen and done everything.
Have a great trip

I was just in San Diego after Thanksgiving this year! :) So I can tell you what we DID do with a bit over 2.5 days in San Diego...although I was with my mom so it wasn't exactly romantic.

Friday night - Seaport Village - if you like shopping it's OK and it IS by the water, which is nice. The counter-service food is mediocre and very expensive, but the sit-down restaurants may be nicer. VERY tourist-y.

Saturday morning - Old Town San Diego - touristy but has historical exhibits - I could've spent several hours here, I think. We got Mexican food at one of the restaurants and it was OK.

Saturday afternoon - San Diego Maritime Museum - if you or your DH like tall ships/pirates/sailboats/Russian submarines/the film "Master and Commander", then I'd consider it a must-see. All the exhibits are actually ON the ships themselves, so if your mobility is limited it might be a challenge. We took a 2 (?)-hour cruise on a real sailing ship, which was fun, but I'd probably skip that since you're doing a harbor cruise anyway. (If you are the type who likes to get involved and ask questions, the sailing cruise would be more fun.) If you go and there's not a special event going on, be sure to go up to the second floor of the ferry/gift shop area, where the bathrooms happen to be. The area up there is so pretty! They use it for wedding receptions and such.

Saturday night - Horton Plaza - food court was much better than Seaport Village's. I got the most delicious food (and a lot of it!) from the Gyro place for less than $6. Mom bought a pretty cupcake from a fancy cupcake place.

Sunday - Old Town Trolley Tours - I didn't like it at all, as our first guide was incredibly obnoxious, and since it was during the winter, the hours were short and we could only get off at one stop. We took it to Coronado Island...I would have liked to look around the Hotel Del Coronado but we didn't have time. Lots of shopping, though--my mom loved a place called "The Papery"--and one of the Coronado stops is right by a pub...some of the guests took great advantage of that.

Monday - Belmont Park - you can see the beach and ride a roller coaster from 1925! (Pricey but fun--a lot more exciting than I'd expected.) They had a cute table service beachside restaurant with OK prices. It was cold and a Monday morning when we went so there weren't any crowds at all.

We also used the REAL trolley (light rail) system--there's a station right at Old Town, and when we went it was $5 for a day pass. It can take you to or near several of the tourist spots if you don't feel like driving; we took it from Old Town to the Maritime Museum and then back up to Horton Plaza. (I preferred it to the expensive Old Town Trolley.) But then, I don't think "mass transit" goes along with "romantic getaway". :rotfl:

Oh, and if I were going, I would have to drive to Jack in the Box headquarters to see if fans/employees are really leaving cards and teddy bears and stuff at Jack's parking space. :)

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter