• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You couldn't pay me to go to Disney when.......

July when the Brazilian tour groups are there. Been there, done that. It was beyond horrible. I wouldn't go even if I have a room in the castle. Yes, that bad.

We went in August last year and I felt the same dread. Do you live somewhere by August is hot anyway? Do you or anyone else going work in a place without air? If yes to either of those questions, I honestly believe you'll have a great trip, better to be in Disney then working any day! :)

We live in NJ, so yeah, it's hot here too. It doesn't seem as constantly hot here though versus Orlando from what I've seen from looking at the weather trends. We don't spend that much time outside on the days when it is 90 degrees out here, other than the pool I guess. We shall see! :)

Someone else is picking up the whole tab? Then I could probably be persuaded to go anytime.

However, I am NOT paying to go Dec 24-Jan 2 or the weeks before and after Easter.

And I am very unlikely to ever visit between June and September again.

Oh, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are our favorite times in the park. We love it. Dec 26, we hightail it out of there!

We live in NJ, so yeah, it's hot here too. It doesn't seem as constantly hot here though versus Orlando from what I've seen from looking at the weather trends. We don't spend that much time outside on the days when it is 90 degrees out here, other than the pool I guess. We shall see! :)

It's definitely hot, but depending on where you live you might actually migth find it less humid in WDW.

I don't think there's any circumstance I wouldn't go to Disney if someone else was picking up the tab. Even during crowded times, if I wasn't footing the bill I wouldn't feel so pressed to do everything, and could just enjoy the shows and atmosphere.

Yep, pay my way and I will stay away from the parks, eat at odd times, Drink at odd hours:cool1:, swim early and late, have room service delivered. :cool1:Sounds like the trip of a lifetime! :thumbsup2

You could not pay me enough to go during Summer. All the money on the world is not worth the stress, the heat or the crowds. I'd be one cranky guest and I hate myself when I'm cranky, I become a spoiled brat who argues and cannot make a point without screaming at my loved ones. I try to curb that part of myself as much as I can because it's just not pretty.

That bad huh?

I alternate between being excited for this upcoming August trip and dreading it because of the heat. Oh well. If it's not worth it, I guess we'll have to find a new vacation spot for a while.

And we go every year in August and do just fine! You just need to be smart about it, stay hydrated and take breaks. It's really not that bad. If you think you'll be able to walk around the parks from open to close and never rest then you'll have problems. Honestly, with a plan it's totally doable. Think how many hundreds of thousands of people do it every single summer. Surely they are finding a way to have a good time:)

For me....not during major holidays nor during the hot/humid summer months..you couldn't pay me to go then.

:thumbsup2 Right there with ya. There is no amount of money that would induce me to to to WDW and endure the heat and crowds of summer. I really don't handle either one of those well. As for the crowds during the major holiday periods- No way Jose. Did it once at Christmas. NEVER again.

For those who not only go (repeatedly, and knowingly) during those times, but say you enjoy it, more power to ya.

And we go every year in August and do just fine! You just need to be smart about it, stay hydrated and take breaks. It's really not that bad. If you think you'll be able to walk around the parks from open to close and never rest then you'll have problems. Honestly, with a plan it's totally doable. Think how many hundreds of thousands of people do it every single summer. Surely they are finding a way to have a good time:)

Thanks! :) We aren't open-to-close parks people anyway...a bit in the morning, then the evening, lots of resort time, pool, eating of course. Kids love character meals right now, so I think we are doing quite a few of those, so that will break up the heat a bit as well. Here goes nothing (except our money!)

You couldnt pay to stay at the resort where most of the cheerleaders stay during that convention.

when it's super hot (July and August and perhaps September) and so crowded!

I tried early June last year and it was tolerable but not always pleasant!

Thank you! Not everyone can go only go between the months of October and February like so many people on here seem to. Thousands of people go in the summer and during holidays and enjoy their vacations, but here on the DISBoards people act like it is such a nightmare. With a plan to deal with the crowds and/or heat, you can pay me to go to Disney anytime of the year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter