You climbed Everest?!

ELLH

DIS Veteran
Note: Wasn't sure where else to put this thread.

Last Christmas I purchased an EE shirt with "Mountain Rescue" on the front. Like this:
http://www.laughingplace.com/store/Product-17962.asp

The EE information is on the back. So, when read initially it looks pretty legitimate.

I've had quite a few people look at me and ask "Did you climb Everest?". Most of the time I look at them like they're crazy. Then the *lightbulb*... I'm wearing my EE shirt and I explain it's just a souvenir from WDW. Lsat time this happened the guy said "well, you look like a climber". I didn't know if I should feel good or bad about that. LOL. Always good times to be had when wearing my wannabe hiker shirt. ;)

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Anyone else have some funny stories attributed to this?

We bought the jackets for DS and myself. People always ask us the same thing both here in Europe and in the USA.

My husband has had this happen. Although he has a different shirt that does say Disney on it. The poor guy who asked him was so disappointed when my husband explained.

Dawn

My cousin has this happen to him all the time. He bought that shirt and funny enough, he works at a rock-climbing gym during his days off (his brother-in-law owns the gym).

This is one reason I never bought anything that has the Expedition Everest logo etc. ;) I hike quite a bit and novice hikers might incorrectly assume such if I wore it. Actually any serious mountaineers and climbers would be extremely unlikely to ask this question. FYI - Expeditions to the Everest region have more specific names usually with the corporate sponsor's name and logo or the company if paid trekking etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter