• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"You can only pick one."

D0naldDuck!

Earning My Ears
you've all probably heard that beforehand when trying to plan Disney vacations. We are heading down to Disney with family and each family gets to pick one restaurant we all eat at together. There's 5 of us.

I've narrowed down my choices to these few. I want to see what you all think. And reviews! Tell me how you've like the food because these three I've never been to!

-Ohana - breakfast or dinner
-Mickey's Backyard BBQ
-Spirit of Aloha

I agree with GoofyK - Ohana for dinner, breakfast second. Spirit of Aloha is nothing special, IMO. Never been to Mickey's BBQ.

Hmmm. I would encourage you to look further afield. But, that's not your question so the least iffy would be 'Ohana breakfast. We had dinner there and it was OK. Nothing I'd recommend because it was kinda manic and the food was ok. I want more for that money.

Ohana dinner and then breakfast. You're seeing a trend here because Ohana dinner is truly spectacular. The breakfast is ok, really for the characters. Please don't bother with the other two.

Even though I've only done the Spirit of Aloha once and that was a long time ago and have never done the other two, I would have to say Ohana. We're doing that for the first time in October. On the other hand, I feel everyone should experience SOA at least once. I've always been tempted to do it again so who knows maybe next time. :confused3 Have you consider any other restaurants?

'Ohana is by far my DH's favorite dinner. I enjoy it too, but he eats until he needs to go back to bed. From the list, that would definitely be my choice.

I always pick indoor eating - so Ohana. Breakfast or dinner choice would depend on what others have picked.

Ohana breakfast. Like the atmosphere, characters and food. We hate dinner there.

I've done all of these. Mickeys backyard BBQ is horrible...just completely forget that it exsists. Hoop de doo is the best option if you want a dinner show. Luau is not that great, Ohana dinner is much much better, food wise; so that's my choice. Ohana breakfast used to be a favorite of ours but after our meal there this past december, never again. Our food was cold, the server was no where to be found, the characters rushed through and we have small kids.

Ohana for dinner...I've always had fabulous food and service. I have not experienced breakfast there. The only other advice I can offer is to take the weather into account. When I first was trying to decide between dinner shows I considered the lack of air conditioning at the two that you mentioned. I have whiney kids and we treat dinners as a break in our touring and when we go to WDW it's HOT, even late in the evening, so we chose Hoop Dee Doo Review. We loved it...and the A/C.

Ohana breakfast is really good. Fun characters and I enjoy the family style vs a buffet, it's more relaxing.
Ohana dinner, we have not done yet but it's on the plan for our next trip and I can't wait - I have read mostly fantastic reviews.
Spirit of Aloho, I have not been to.
Mickey's Backyard BBQ is fun if you have young kids. The food is just okay, but little ones tend to have a blast.

Based on my experience Ohana for either dinner or breakfast would be my top choice.

Ohana dinner. I've not heard good things about the actual food at the luau.

Ohana dinner by a far shot, but I didn't care for the breakfast there at all and recommend 1900 Park Fare for breakfast far above Ohana.

The Backyard BBQ is terrible. Take it off your list. Spirit of Aloha is OK. The show is watchable, but the food is very pedestrian. Not bad, but kinda like your company cafeteria doing Hawaiian Day.

These are my choices:

Ohana Breakfast, I have never been to their dinner so I can't really say anything on that, but I have heard really good things on it. We usually do their breakfast bc my kids are young and love the characters, so thats the winning factor for me, lol.
Mickey's Backyard BBQ would be my next choice. Again all for the characters. I really didn't care for their food, but my kids had a ton of fun dancing with the characters and my older son liked the rope trick guy.
I have never been to the spirit of aloha show. I hear its a good show but the food is so so as well. From the comments above I think your best bet is either breakfast or dinner at Ohana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter