• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You can apply a PIN code to an existing reservation, right?

rvashko

Mouseketeer
If I booked a room today for "Fall" season in 2011, and three months later received a 40% discount PIN code, I could apply the discount to my existing reservation, yes?

I'm pretty sure that's right, but would like to make extra-double-sure.

Thanks.

If I booked a room today for "Fall" season in 2011, and three months later received a 40% discount PIN code, I could apply the discount to my existing reservation, yes?

I'm pretty sure that's right, but would like to make extra-double-sure.

Thanks.

YOu can apply it IF your resort/room type is avail for the new code. We had 2 Woods view rooms the first week of Feb this year with a 40% PIN, we couldn't get a Standard room-not available. When the AP rates came out which were 45% off neither Standard or Woods was ever avail. So we just kept the 40% off. Sure we could have booked more expensive rooms but we really just wanted standard so that was it. Just an example but it does happen.

My plan was to lock in a reservation for Xmas 2011, pay 60% of the room charges, and then apply the 25/30/40 PIN code (which I seem to receive multiple times a year) later on.

I don't want to wait until I get the PIN to book, because there might be a paucity of good rooms if I wait that long. But now I am worried that if I book first, I run the risk of the PIN not applying to the room I book.

Things that make you go, "Hmmmm....".

You can don that and hope for it but no guarantee. Also, some say if you are booking like this it makes the rooms booked up and less chance for the discounts. Also, your room must have availability for the PIN as well. We never had avail for a standard room for our PIN or AP discount at WL the first week of feb. We had 40%PIN on 2 woods view, standard or woods was NEVER avail for our AP discount of 45% so, the luck of the draw!

Yeah, stuff to think about. Thanks much for the info.

You're welcome. But if you are willing to change resorts/room type no problem with PINs. In years gone by it seemed easier to apply AP or a PIN to an existing reservation (at least for me) never a problem. This past 2 years, sometimes nothing avail (had a PIN in 2009 and couldn't book 2 rooms at first, the second room became avail about 2 wks. prior to going) Try each day (more of a pain with a PIN than a code) Good Luck!! If a GP code comes out before getting the PIN, I would book if I were you. If we waited for the AP rates for our Feb trip, we would not have gotten them!! I did check for that daily just to let you know never either type of room!!

You're one step ahead of me. I was thinking that I book the room I want and if the PIN doesn't fit, I'd change rooms to the next best thing that did fit. All I really need "for-sure, for-sure" is a 1-bdrm villa or FW cabin.

Seems they send the PINs out a good 6 months in advance, so I'll have time to modify the trip as need be.

Now watch - after getting 4 separate PIN codes this year, I'll get nothing in 2011.......

Thanks again.

I know. I haven't gotten a PIN since Jan but it seems some are going out now from what I read here. I did get my last PIN based on a saved vacation. I had heard here to do so and I did get it. I wanted to make sure I had a discount for NOv before getting APs in Feb. We did have a res. for 30% off on CBR starting Nov 28 (27th not included) When we were at WL, there was a bounceback for 35% off mods starting the 28th so we changed to that (pain to change wanted current res. number etc to change booking) Well a short time ago AP rates came out and included November 27 so we booked online to make sure we got the 2 rooms starting the 27. Well we were lucky to do so even though that night is more (thanksgiving wked.) Good LUCK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter