• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You CAN add the DDP to a AP reduced rate room reservation!

CJ

DIS Veteran
I've read so much discrepancy here on this subject that I thought I'd share my experience this morning. DH & I had a room only AP discounted rate at the ASSp, I have an annual pass, he does not.

I called today (we leave in less than a month) and added the basic Dining Plan. The agent had to leave me on the phone while she consulted her supervisor, but was able to cancel my first reservation and then book me a package with the dining plan added (no park tickets) and still keep the discounted room rate. I had to pay the whole package in full.

It took a few minutes, but it was very simple! :cool1:

A lot of this is misunderstanding - you can add it to the reduced rate room, but your reservation will no longer be a room only reservation. It will be a package. You then have to adhere to the deposit, cancellation and change rules for packages, which are different from the rules for room-only reservations. You can keep the discount, but you must change the reservation to a package.

I did it this past May when the announcement first came out that AP holders could not get the DDP (without having to buy a one day MYW ticket). We were told back then that we could keep our room discount.

I'm planning on probably doing it again next May. I currently have the pay for four days, get three free with a one day base MYW ticket, but am hoping the AP discount might beat it. If not, I'm going to have another one day base ticket to add to my current collection. I love my AP, but also love the DDP.

is the quick service plan able to be added on? i tried for a stay in january on an AP rate and it is only offering the regulard dining plan or deluxe on the passholder site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter