Yorkshire County Fish Shop Desserts?

llqool

DIS Veteran
Just looking at the menu for the Fish Shop in Epcot....seems pretty sparse. is the shortbread the only dessert that you can get w/a CS meal credit? How is the shortbread? Just one little pre-packaged cookie?

Just looking at the menu for the Fish Shop in Epcot....seems pretty sparse. is the shortbread the only dessert that you can get w/a CS meal credit? How is the shortbread? Just one little pre-packaged cookie?

It is a small package of Lorna Doone Shortbread cookies (4 1 inch square cookies) and that was all they offered in June 08. They are very good shortbread cookies but they aren't a wow desert. Easy to take with you and the 2 year old enjoyed them.

Based on info below it looks like they may have changed to walkers - we loved Lorna Doone for the kids because they weren't so rich, I don't think I would make my decision on eating here for the cookie brand but our dog's name is Lorna Doone (a wheaten scottie) and the kids always got a kick out of getting the package with her name on it.

I just had this for lunch a couple of weeks ago...sooo good! You get a small package of 2 Walker Shortbread Biscuits (fairly thick and filling). They are wonderfully rich, trust me...if you eat more than this you will have a tummy ache from all of the real butter that is in them:lmao: I love them so much I picked up a box of them to bring home this trip...mmmmm! They are so much better than the typical "American" shortbread varieties such as Nabisco, etc.

Thanks for the info! Walker's are definitely better than Lorna Doones! is it a decent-sized portion of fish? is it really greasy?

Thanks for the info! Walker's are definitely better than Lorna Doones! is it a decent-sized portion of fish? is it really greasy?

I agree...Walker's are a world apart from Lorna Doones. I never find the fish greasy at all...a VERY mild cod fish in a wonderfully flavored batter...you get two medium sized pieces of fish with a decent size portion of chips (or steak fries as we call them in the U.S.). If you are a fried fish lover you will (should) like them without a doubt.

I LOVE THE FISH AND CHIPS! :lovestruc A must have every trip!

It's two pieces of fish....they are fairly decent sized, though as with any fish/chips meal, the sizes vary significantly from serving to serving, but it was always enough to fill you up with all those yummy fries underneath.

They do a decent job of draining the fish so it doesn't drip all over the fries, but that first bite always brought a quick dump of moisture that had been trapped.

Definitely a favorite in my family. We never bothered with the cookies because we never had the dining plan before and $2.69 for such a small dessert that we could buy a whole tin at home for the cost of all three of us getting one each.....they're great cookies, but not if you have to pay that price for them, lol.

Are tips included in the DDP? Are you expected to tip at the table service meals? This is my first time going to Disney and starting to feel a little overwhelmed with all of the "rules".

Are tips included in the DDP? Are you expected to tip at the table service meals? This is my first time going to Disney and starting to feel a little overwhelmed with all of the "rules".

Tips are not included in the dining plan (they were in years past but as of 2008 are not). They will present you with a bill for 18% gratuity at the end of the meal, plus whatever you may have ordered that wasn't on the plan. If you feel your server doesn't deserve 18% then you will have to take that up with management to have your bill adjusted.

I will point out, since this thread is about Yorkshire County Fish Shop, that no tip is required at Counter Service meals (like Yorkshire). Only TS meals will add on the 18% tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter