Yikes! I have to start over again!

plymouthmom

Mouseketeer
Okay so I spent an hour with MS this morning, messing with my ADR's for January. Then....I decide to look at partcipating restaurants for 2009 DDP just to double check my choices.

WOW EVERYTHING but Captain Jacks and Foodquest is gone from DTD. What are they doing!!!

I had ressies at Raglan Road and Wolfgang Puck Cafe. Now I need new places!

Here is what I have so far, staying at Saratoga Springs from 1/17-1/24

We get in late afternoon on the 17th, planning on Artist Palette for quick dinner

Sunday 1/18- Need something new...was gonna do Disneyquest in the afternoon then Raglan Road

Monday- Hollywood Studios, DS 14th Bday- ESPN for Lunch, late dinner at Turf Club

Tuesday- Epcot Day-Coral Reef(dinner)

Wed-Animal Kingdom -Olivias(dinner)

Thursday-MK- Chef Mickeys(dinner)

Friday- Free Day, was going to do Wolfgang Puck Cafe for our last night.

Knowing we can bus to resorts from DTD is helpful. Any thoughts would be great!

Fridays- Another free day

Most likely, the other places just haven't solidified their agreements with Disney and all will be well. This happens every year . . . I just can't remember when the final list is actually accurate.

Anyone else. :confused3

Really!! I found it so odd with the DTD restaurants! When should I panic or should I call MS and get their thoughts.

YIKES....to much stress!

I'm in the same boat as you.

We're going for 7 nights in late January, & I've booked several places that are not "confirmed" on the DP for 2009 yet (Tutto Italia, Teppan Edo). I'm going to give it about 2 more weeks, & then I'll start to panic! :scared:

As rlduval already posted, it's too soon to panic. The first published list always seems to come out before all the agrements with the non-Disney owneed restaurants are finalized.

I'm sure there are more posts on this (and the history) over on the Restuarants Board. I'll move the thread over there.

Captain Jack's is the only restaurant at DTD that is owned and operated by Disney. All the others are "participants". They do not have to accept DDP if they don't want to.

Personally, if I were a restaurant owner I would not accept DDP as we would only get paid a fixed dollar amount per meal served, whether the lowest or highest items on the menu were purchased. And even without participating in DDP we would probably be sold out every day anyway.

Thanks all! I am going to make some "backup" ressies today at restaurants off the monorail that would be easy to get to. We can hop on the MK bus and head down to pick up the monorail to any of the three hotels pretty easily, at least I think that is the best plan?

Chime in with thoughts!

Anybody think MS will have a clue?

Talked to MS a while ago, they were clueless about when the list would be finalized and would give nothing up. Sometimes they can be so helpful and sometimes well... Since she already knew I had questions on my restaurants she would not let me make any backups. gonna try again later and make them.

Can you please tell me where you are finding a list of currently participating restaurants in 2009? I suppose I should go over my ADR's for Feb. and make sure all of my locations are participating. Thanks.

this happens every year. Do not panic. If they particiapted in 2008, they will more than likely participate with the DDP in 2009.

really :)

I just made backups just in case. Kona for Sunday, we can go do Wishes after. Then Tusker House for Friday, as we traditionally do AK again the last day. So....either way I am good!

Really!! I found it so odd with the DTD restaurants! When should I panic or should I call MS and get their thoughts.

YIKES....to much stress!

It won't do any good to get their thoughts. They aren't going to know anything. All you can do is wait until the final list comes out. If it makes you feel better, none of the non-Disney restaurants (that previously accepted the plan) have dropped the plan since 2006, when Fulton's apparently dropped it.

This link is to the current 2009 Basic Dining Plan brochure.

http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/m...especific/eng/nontheme/tickets/2009Dining.pdf

I do remember though that I made reservations in Oct. 2007 for April 2008 for Planet Hollywood. It seems it's a lot later this year.

Rather than eat at DTD one of the better places to eat anyway is right across the little lake -- The Turf Club at SSR.
Just take the DTD boat over and they are a very short walk up some stairs from the dock.

We are actually staying at SSR and have ressies at Turf Club. Was just looking for options at DTD since we are so close to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter