This video will be removed around 2:00 PM EST.

Yet Another PIN Question

dskib

DIS Veteran
Ok, so while it's no guarantee, I see that people (Including me) create accounts, order dvds and save vacations as a way to hopefully get a PIN.

So my question is this. Do you think that the dates that we put in to our saved vacations have anything to do with the timing of the PINs?

Example - I want to go next October and keep using that month for my saved vacations. Therefore, none of the current PINs apply. Do you think it's possible that they might wait to send PIN codes that would apply to the dates we're entering into the system?? Because, frankly, I don't want the Peter Pan or the Cinderella, and if I get one, I'm afraid that I wont get another code that would include my dates.

SOO wishfully thinking.
Deb

I don't think it really matters. There have been people on here that do this very thing and they get PINs for dates they are not going. I have no idea how they decide to send them out.:confused3. I am hoping for a fall 2011 PIN myself. So I'm not going to save vacations or order a DVD until Jan when we get back from our trip. HTH :thumbsup2

I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to their sending out PIN codes. I go several times a year and have never received a PIN. I've tried everything every one recommends: order the DVD a couple times a year, save reservations on the web site, keep my profile updated, make sure they have my email correct, answer every survey, etc. About 1 1/2 years ago my 70+ y/o mom got a PIN. She doesn't even know how to log onto a computer and the only times she has been to WDW is when I've taken her and my name is listed as the lead name on the reservation.:confused3 There is no way they can have anything on her, except her name as a guest in my room. Her PIN was sent to my address, but in her name. When I called they said I couldn't use the PIN, because it was her PIN, not mine.:headache: I go 3-4 times a year and have yet to ever receive a PIN.

From what I've seen, there is no reasoning behind the timing of the PIN's. I received a PIN Oct 4th for the fall season, and I booked my vacation, then I received one Oct 30th for the spring.:confused3 Go figure!

Like the OP's have said I really don't think there is a rhyme or reason behind who gets the PINS. But I personally think that they send them out to people who have not been to Disney in a while. My parents haven't been to Disney in 3 years and my mom just told me the other day after I saw the Cindy PIN pamphlet they got in the mail the other day at their house, that they get them all the time. So who really knows.:confused3 Also I have heard success stories of people who have never gotten a PIN saving vacations and ordering the DVD and getting a PIN within weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter