Yet another BOG thread......

RCMommy

DIS Veteran
After a few failed attempts to make a BOG ressie along with everyone else yesterday I tried again this morning. No openings my week, but the CM said keep trying. She was super friendly and very chatty.

She did mention that BOG is not scheduled to be open during MVMCP nights and that on some nights it is scheduled to close at 5:30pm.

I read a lot of posts yesterday but don't recall reading this information. What are everyone's thoughts on these comments??

are they saving some openings for online ADRs? why would they not open during MVMCP nights, or is it that they do not want people who do not have event tickets making ressies? why close at 5:30pm on other nights?
Magic Kingdom never closes that early right?

Just curious....

I read this also. I find it odd they would close a restaurant, I'm thinking maybe they'll just close ressies so as to control the amount of people who don't have a party ticket and just take walk-ins those nights :confused3

My CM this morning at 7am was very nice and chatty too, and also told me to check online as things do open up prior to our trip. I am wondering too if more will be relased when they allow online reservations for it tomorrow.

Wondering if they will somehow only allow MVMCP goers to book if they have a ticket to the event for a later dinner at BOG.

It is a little strange! I do have a 4:30 reservation on a party day, but 'technically' the party doesn't start until 7 pm.

The castle is still open on party nights...maybe it will open up. I can't imagine with as many people who are wanting to try it, are coming in solely to experience the new FLE etc that they wouldn't have it opened.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out!

Kelly

Guests who have party tickets don't tend to spend time in TS restaurants. I think it is just that they don't want to staff such a huge place during the party.

Guests who have party tickets don't tend to spend time in TS restaurants. I think it is just that they don't want to staff such a huge place during the party.

..but to take the option to dine at the eagerly awaited opening of this place for those guests that have paid extra for MVMCP nights hardly seems fair...

I just don't see Disney closing it for these nights, something is up....my thoughts anyway...just sayin' :)

I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that this place is booked up completely for the next xxxx and if you were not one on the phone at 7am yesterday, boo hoo for you.

We booked our next trip to come and see all of the new things and I was one on the phone early yesterday morning, then all morning, and the fact I cannot get one ADR is very disgruntling.

I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that this place is booked up completely for the next xxxx and if you were not one on the phone at 7am yesterday, boo hoo for you.

The anticipation surrounding this restaurant was off the charts, I have never seen anything like it. I do hope it is able to live up to the hype. I know I saw this coming about a mile away, so I was not on the phones yesterday. I'm not interested in a reservation too much. However, it's an extremely large restaurant with a seating capacity of about 550, there will be cancellations.

Maybe if WDW gets a lot of requests it will open the restaurant during the party, but I think they know party guests are going to be for the most part out at the party, and not in the restaurants.

I think the most logical possibility I've read is that they may switch back to Quick Service for the party time. I think that would be completely logical as they can get more people in without people wasting as much party time.

It is a little strange! I do have a 4:30 reservation on a party day, but 'technically' the party doesn't start until 7 pm.

The castle is still open on party nights...maybe it will open up. I can't imagine with as many people who are wanting to try it, are coming in solely to experience the new FLE etc that they wouldn't have it opened.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out!

Kelly

I also have a reservation there on our party night. It's also for 4:30. She never said anything about closing early for the party.

After a few failed attempts to make a BOG ressie along with everyone else yesterday I tried again this morning. No openings my week, but the CM said keep trying. She was super friendly and very chatty.

She did mention that BOG is not scheduled to be open during MVMCP nights and that on some nights it is scheduled to close at 5:30pm.

I read a lot of posts yesterday but don't recall reading this information. What are everyone's thoughts on these comments??

are they saving some openings for online ADRs? why would they not open during MVMCP nights, or is it that they do not want people who do not have event tickets making ressies? why close at 5:30pm on other nights?
Magic Kingdom never closes that early right?

Just curious....

I called this morning asking for November 29th (MVMCP Night) and the CM checked, but said that nothing was available...so I assuming they are serving dinner that night....

The anticipation surrounding this restaurant was off the charts, I have never seen anything like it. I do hope it is able to live up to the hype. I know I saw this coming about a mile away, so I was not on the phones yesterday. I'm not interested in a reservation too much. However, it's an extremely large restaurant with a seating capacity of about 550, there will be cancellations.

Maybe if WDW gets a lot of requests it will open the restaurant during the party, but I think they know party guests are going to be for the most part out at the party, and not in the restaurants.

It certainly was. Its very typical of this social media age though - one person says its a 'must' and it creates a mexican wave. Most people don't care whether its worth it or not - its trending so people want it. No thinking required, just pass on the words on a screen. I'm waiting for the first the person to say it was awful .... then that will trend too :rolleyes:

More so than a trend, I am willing to go just to see it. Anything new at WDW is exciting. How bad can the food be? This will be our 4th trip and we have never had a bad meal at WDW. I am sure we will feel that we got our moneys worth.

I tried to get a reservation for the 6th (party night) and was told nothing was available. I was able to get a reservation for the 9th though.

We tried to get reservations for any night we are there (Nov.21st - November 25th) and were told none are avaliable. We called yesterday afternoon. Crazy.

More so than a trend, I am willing to go just to see it. Anything new at WDW is exciting. How bad can the food be? This will be our 4th trip and we have never had a bad meal at WDW. I am sure we will feel that we got our moneys worth.

:thumbsup2 This is the reason we're going too. Going once will not kill our budget, and if we don't like it, so what, we will enjoy the excitement and take lots of pictures ::yes::

With very few exceptions (Coral Reef, mainly) we have enjoyed all our meals at Disney, even though by this time we have narrowed it down to some "must do" ones each trip :)

I have no doubts that we will enjoy our meal at BOG completely, in fact we plan to do CS also on this trip (maybe more than once). There has never been a restaurant of this magnitude opening at Disney, and I don't think it is over hyped at all.

Considering how long it took to get ressies yesterday, I'm really glad that not everyone thought it was worth it!!:rotfl2:

As far as a pp mentioned about some will report it was awful - that will be true, as there is not one restaurant on property that someone has not said the same thing, no matter how good the majority think they are. You can never please everybody, so that will not affect me one bit - it's all in what we like and enjoy! Full ressies for most of the restaurants speak for themselves!!

Absolutely, I agree. I most certainly want to see it aswell but if I had't managed to snag a booking, it would be ok. I definitely wouldn't have used the disabilities & Disney store phones to try and get one :eek:

I'm looking forward to it as I love French food and I can't say there are many French restaurants (if any) in my neck of the woods.

I phoned yesterday around 6:30 pm MST and after waiting for about 30 minutes, got a reservation for 4:45 on November 28th. I'm in it to see what it is all about. If I can get in for a QS without waiting too long during my trip, I'll do it but I have a feeling it will be very busy since it is "new". I'm happy.

I phoned yesterday around 6:30 pm MST and after waiting for about 30 minutes, got a reservation for 4:45 on November 28th. I'm in it to see what it is all about. If I can get in for a QS without waiting too long during my trip, I'll do it but I have a feeling it will be very busy since it is "new". I'm happy.

that must've been a cancellation since that time & date was sold out earlier in the day!

I too was shocked to find it wouldn't be open during MVMCP. I actually intended to use that as my fallback plan and buy tickets for another night if we couldn't get BOG outside party time.

But the more I think about it, the more I think it's this. If they open it, everyone with ADRs at the other restaurants open during the party will change, leaving those other restaurants open and staffed, but without many patrons. I think if those other restaurants weren't committed already to being open, we might have seen a different outcome.

I have a 4:10 on a party day and the CM I spoke to also said no ADR's after a certin time on party nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter