Yes, We're Satisfied With Our Care! October 2015 TR **NEW 8/21 Final Thoughts

Love all the PP pictures!

The wait for Fantasmic can be brutal sometimes :( I'm glad DS enjoyed his first Mickey Bar!

Sounds like DD is already a Fantasmic fan!! :) And I'm glad DS enjoyed it so much too!

DH got some awesome shots of Hallowishes!

The quick service options at DHS just aren't the best ... hopefully that improves with the new areas being added!

The wait for Fantansmic! can be tough (at least it seems like just a DJ and not those CMs with the tough to get through trivia, and "jokes") ... better than the setup at DLR though I guess

It really is a great show (though after seeing the dragon at DLR the one at DHS really is not so hot) - and I can't blame you DS, that music is catchy!

And thanks for being ok with DH going to take pictures of Hallowishes - they are great!

This makes me long for Venice so much now that I have been to the real thing!
Yep, same here. ::yes:: One of my favorite places ever.

The arancini were pretty good, but definitely not as good as the suppli we enjoyed in Rome. Then for our entrees we ordered our usual favorites, pepperoni for DH and Quattro formaggi for myself. DS got a kids cheese pizza and made a friend at the table beside us.
All of this sounds super delicious right now! Love the pizza you got - so good!

So yummy! We stopped at one of the tall tables out for Food & Wine to enjoy it, and spotted one of the hidden Remys while we were there.

I had no idea this was a thing - cute!

Sometimes, I feel weird and awkward talking to people I have only interacted with on the DIS and Facebook once it’s in person. I didn’t feel like that at all with these two! It was like just running into old friends in the parks and stopping to see how each other’s day is going. So glad I was finally able to hang out with them a bit! I have enjoyed Missy’s TRs for years!
Glad you had a great meet! :goodvibes

So I was totally surprised when the CM said, “Well, then I’ll have to ask you to step out because the room is full.”
:eek: o_O That whole thing is so bizarre. And, even if they did think you were just hanging out there, they should have been apologizing profusely when they realized they were wrong. :headache:

We all kind of bonded after that and began chatting. Lol The CM came back in later to ask if we needed more chairs again, and one of the moms said, “We need about 3 more.” And when the CM went out and shut the door, she added, “Yeah, and champagne for me and my friends!” Usually the nursing rooms were pretty quiet, but we had a lively group going in there that time! It made the time pass a little quicker because sometimes when it was super quiet and no one was talking to each other, I felt like we were in there FOREVER and I just kept hoping DD would hurry up and finish!
Glad the other moms backed you up. And I love those fun, spontaneous Disney moments where everyone is bonding and having a blast together. We had a bus ride like that once where you just had to be there to understand. Sounds like one of the more exciting nursing sessions there. :laughing:

It was closed!! So we ended up deciding to go over to ABC Commissary instead to get some burgers. DS spotted the thing over by Star Tours that I will be upfront and say I have no clue what it is called.
Hey, I know this one! (I think) A speeder!! Izzy has been obsessively playing with her speeders lately. She is quite a SW fan like her daddy.

As always, DS had a blast! He absolutely loves Fantasmic, and goes nuts in the car anytime the music comes on. Just this morning, we heard it on the way home from church and he started dancing along and said, “I just can’t help myself!” lol It’s adorable how much he loves this show.
That's super cute. Sounds like his sister may share his love for it too, if watching the show calmed her down after the fussiness.

After grabbing our stroller, we began making our way out of the theater with the masses. We saw an interesting, though not particularly safe looking, way of carrying a kid while we walked.

:eek:

It was closed!! So we ended up deciding to go over to ABC Commissary instead to get some burgers. DS spotted the thing over by Star Tours that I will be upfront and say I have no clue what it is called.
Sorry about Backlot Express being closed. That's always our go to place in DHS also.

And it is called a speeder bike.

Fortunately, we got inside in plenty of time to find a seat! Unfortunately, that meant we had a longish wait until the show started and DD was not too happy about it.
That's what I hate about Fantasmic. Love the show. Hate the fact that you always have to wait way too long or risk not getting a seat/being way off to the side.

DS was a little antsy too, but it was nothing that his very first Mickey bar ever couldn’t fix!
His first Mickey bar?? What a milestone!

But let's be honest. That's only good for about 5 minutes. What about the rest of the wait? :rolleyes1

There was a DJ playing music before the show started, and at one point while DH was trying to calm DD, they started playing Don’t Stop Believin’, so he serenaded her. She stopped crying for the moment, but I don’t know if that was because she enjoyed DH’s singing or because she was so confused she couldn’t think to keep crying. Lol
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Finally, the show started! This made DS happy, but DD was still really fussing. I tried to nurse her, but she was totally refusing. So finally, I just put her on my lap facing out so she could see the show, and she stopped!
How about that! I guess she just wanted to see the show! I'm glad you were able to get in and see Fantasmic!

All of the fireworks pictures are great! That really is a great vantage point for them. :thumbsup2

I just found this and am loving it. We went 10/25-10/31 last year so this is so much nostalgia for me :)

Your kids are adorable, and I'm impressed how much you accomplished with such a wee one! Way to go!

That Baymax costume is amazing - my 2yo is Baymax obsessed, where did you get it?! He may need it this year!

And I dabble in photography and am so impressed by the pictures! Your hubby is a talented dude...those fireworks ones especially are fantastic! Mind telling me what gear he uses for the parks? I only took a 30mm prime last trip and am trying to decide what to bring to this years trip :)

I also looked into doing 1 day at universal because I am a serious Potterhead and am DYING to go. 2 park 1 day tickets are too rich for my blood sadly, on top of the 2nd Disney trip in 13 months. One day!

Thanks for sharing your trip!!

Thanks! I always bring tooooo much gear. I'm like a pack mule full of camera gear heading to the parks. Currently I'm shooting with a Canon 70D and almost all the dark ride shots are usually with the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 (Love that lens). You can check out this link to what I bring every trip. My Photo Gear Not everything will come with me to the parks everyday but most of it will. Usually I'll leave a lens or two out here and there through the trip and only bring the tripod out at night if I plan on taking night or fireworks shots. The zoom and 50mm Prime are the 2 that tend to get left at the hotel most often. With the zoom lens it's too hard to get a quick shot of the kids doing something so I don't like walking around with it all the time and usually only use it for the Safari or 3 o'clock parade. Same thing with the 50mm my 17-50 and 18-35 have the same focal length and speed covered and 50 tends to be a little long for me on my crop sensor while at the parks.

hopefully some of that helps you out.

Hehe, I don't know either! We've taken the photo a number of times though lol.

Fortunately, we got inside in plenty of time to find a seat! Unfortunately, that meant we had a longish wait until the show started and DD was not too happy about it.

Aww poor Delilah! Glad she settled down for the show though

He looks excited!!

She stopped crying for the moment, but I don’t know if that was because she enjoyed DH’s singing or because she was so confused she couldn’t think to keep crying. Lol

So sweet!

As always, DS had a blast! He absolutely loves Fantasmic, and goes nuts in the car anytime the music comes on. Just this morning, we heard it on the way home from church and he started dancing along and said, “I just can’t help myself!” lol It’s adorable how much he loves this show.

I have tentative plans for December to see Fantasmic again finally! It's been 4 years since we saw it with a baby Aria.

Just joined in! Loving your TR so far.

Your family is absolutely adorable!!!! Can't wait to read more.

Thanks! I always bring tooooo much gear. I'm like a pack mule full of camera gear heading to the parks. Currently I'm shooting with a Canon 70D and almost all the dark ride shots are usually with the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 (Love that lens). You can check out this link to what I bring every trip. My Photo Gear Not everything will come with me to the parks everyday but most of it will. Usually I'll leave a lens or two out here and there through the trip and only bring the tripod out at night if I plan on taking night or fireworks shots. The zoom and 50mm Prime are the 2 that tend to get left at the hotel most often. With the zoom lens it's too hard to get a quick shot of the kids doing something so I don't like walking around with it all the time and usually only use it for the Safari or 3 o'clock parade. Same thing with the 50mm my 17-50 and 18-35 have the same focal length and speed covered and 50 tends to be a little long for me on my crop sensor while at the parks.

hopefully some of that helps you out.

very helpful, thank you!! I wish I had bought that Sigma back when I was purchasing lenses, but went with the Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 and the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 because at the time I wasn't doing much with wide angles. Now I'm too broke for a new lens haha! And I hear you on the 50mm on a crop sensor, it was my go to lens before I got my 30mm and well, now I need a full frame camera. One day... :)

Finally all caught up!

We ordered the arancini appetizer, which is fried risotto balls. It sounded like something similar that we had enjoyed in Rome on a walking food tour called suppli. It’s also a fried risotto ball, but it has a hunk of hot mozzarella cheese in the middle.

We had these on this past trip and really enjoyed them!

So yummy! We stopped at one of the tall tables out for Food & Wine to enjoy it, and spotted one of the hidden Remys while we were there.

Yum! And I had no idea about the Hidden Remys!

So I was totally surprised when the CM said, “Well, then I’ll have to ask you to step out because the room is full.” I was a little surprised, but I went to tell her, “So just bring me a chair then.” But I didn’t have a chance to even say anything because at least 3 of the other moms in the room jumped to my defense, saying loudly, “She’s breastfeeding!”

What? How is you sitting on the ground making it more full than sitting in a chair?? Glad the other moms stood up for you!

The plan had been to spend the whole day in Epcot until late afternoon/early evening, but we knew at that point we needed to regroup. So we decided to head out instead and go back to Bonnet Creek for a break.

We have learned that we are not all day people - we need a break or an early night! Glad you got some rest!

DD had never napped or slept at night as easily as she did on this trip! Even with all of the napping she did in the carrier and stroller during the day, she would fall asleep as soon as we put her in her crib.

That is sooo nice! Disney is exhausting for sure and I'm glad DD slept well at night!!

DS spotted the thing over by Star Tours that I will be upfront and say I have no clue what it is called.

The boys always have to take turns sitting on this! A speeder maybe? From Endor?

Finally, the show started! This made DS happy, but DD was still really fussing. I tried to nurse her, but she was totally refusing. So finally, I just put her on my lap facing out so she could see the show, and she stopped!

She must have loved the music and lights! And it certainly seems like DS enjoyed the show! Where do you get your music? We listen on Sorcerer Radio and d-cot.

Great Fantasmic pictures and love DH's shots of Hallowishes from the TTC! Such a different perspective!

Just stopping in to say I am catching up on the trip and apologize as I've been too busy to read lately. Looks like a good time. Surprised you got such a scorcher of a day in October, though we have occasionally had those two - seems like common in Epcot.

First ever Mickey Bar? What took so long?

Love all the PP pictures!

The wait for Fantasmic can be brutal sometimes :( I'm glad DS enjoyed his first Mickey Bar!

Sounds like DD is already a Fantasmic fan!! :) And I'm glad DS enjoyed it so much too!

DH got some awesome shots of Hallowishes!

Thanks!!

I think this is part of the reason I have been happy to skip Fantasmic in the past. It's such a time-suck! Now that DS loves it so much, we have to make time for it. He sure did love that Mickey Bar! And I was surprised that it caught DD's attention since she was so little at the time. But it made the night go by much easier without her crying during the whole thing!

The quick service options at DHS just aren't the best ... hopefully that improves with the new areas being added!

The wait for Fantansmic! can be tough (at least it seems like just a DJ and not those CMs with the tough to get through trivia, and "jokes") ... better than the setup at DLR though I guess

It really is a great show (though after seeing the dragon at DLR the one at DHS really is not so hot) - and I can't blame you DS, that music is catchy!

And thanks for being ok with DH going to take pictures of Hallowishes - they are great!

They really aren't, and it sucks that the one we seem to enjoy the most closes early. I'm looking forward to the new Muppets restaurant and hoping it won't be the same Disney pizza they had at Pizza Planet before. If nothing else, it seems like a more interesting concept.

YES! The wait is tough. But at least you have a seat unlike DL where we just had to find open ground to sit on for what felt like forever.

He's addicted to the TTC fireworks shots. Spoiler alert: This won't be the last time you see them!

Yep, same here. ::yes:: One of my favorite places ever.

All of this sounds super delicious right now! Love the pizza you got - so good!

I had no idea this was a thing - cute!

Glad you had a great meet! :goodvibes

:eek: o_O That whole thing is so bizarre. And, even if they did think you were just hanging out there, they should have been apologizing profusely when they realized they were wrong. :headache:

Glad the other moms backed you up. And I love those fun, spontaneous Disney moments where everyone is bonding and having a blast together. We had a bus ride like that once where you just had to be there to understand. Sounds like one of the more exciting nursing sessions there. :laughing:

Hey, I know this one! (I think) A speeder!! Izzy has been obsessively playing with her speeders lately. She is quite a SW fan like her daddy.

That's super cute. Sounds like his sister may share his love for it too, if watching the show calmed her down after the fussiness.

:eek:

Such a gorgeous city!! I absolutely fell in love with Venice.

One of my favorites! When we were there this past weekend, it was SO tempting to see if we could get in as a walk up. Well, tempting for me. DH enjoys it but I don't think he shares my passion for Via Napoli. lol

The hidden Remys was one of those things where they give you the chance to purchase a map to mark all the ones you find, and if you find them all, you get some kind of trinket. We didn't participate, but it was cute to randomly find one. He's so adorable!

The baby care experience was so strange! The CM really just didn't seem like she knew what she was doing and seemed very confused about the whole thing. But it was fun to get chatty with the other moms for a change since most of the time in there was pretty silent. It was definitely one of those "had to be there" moments.

Hey, that's pretty easy to remember!! lol I have seen all of the Star Wars movies exactly once with no plans to re-watch. So most of that language is lost on me. Give me some Hogwarts or Middle Earth memorabilia and I'd know all of it though!

Sorry about Backlot Express being closed. That's always our go to place in DHS also.

And it is called a speeder bike.

That's what I hate about Fantasmic. Love the show. Hate the fact that you always have to wait way too long or risk not getting a seat/being way off to the side.

His first Mickey bar?? What a milestone!

But let's be honest. That's only good for about 5 minutes. What about the rest of the wait? :rolleyes1

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

How about that! I guess she just wanted to see the show! I'm glad you were able to get in and see Fantasmic!

All of the fireworks pictures are great! That really is a great vantage point for them. :thumbsup2

It's so easy to grab something we all want from there, so it's been our go-to place for awhile now. I don't get why it closes earlier than the rest of the park though?? Especially when two of their other quick service places were closed for refurbishment!

A speeder bike...seems so obvious. lol Thank you!

I think the time investment is what has turned us off to that show in the past. Now that DS loves it so much, we don't really have too much choice but to make time for it!

I know! Crappy pictures, but I had to be sure to capture such a momentous occasion!

I wouldn't have thought that at 3 months she even had enough visual capacity to enjoy the show, but I guess I was wrong! Like brother, like sister, I guess.

Hehe, I don't know either! We've taken the photo a number of times though lol.

Aww poor Delilah! Glad she settled down for the show though

He looks excited!!

So sweet!

I have tentative plans for December to see Fantasmic again finally! It's been 4 years since we saw it with a baby Aria.

Haha I'm glad it wasn't just me!!! lol I will NEVER claim to be a Star Wars expert, that's for sure!

Yeah, it was a tough evening for her. Thank goodness she enjoyed the show!

Oh my gosh, SO excited! It was a momentous occasion for sure!

The first time we saw it with DS, it had been YEARS since we had seen it! Just not something I liked investing so much time and effort into. And while I still dislike that aspect of the whole thing, I have to say I enjoy it a lot more now seeing the pure joy on DS's face when he watches it. I hope Aria is the same way!

Just joined in! Loving your TR so far.

Your family is absolutely adorable!!!! Can't wait to read more.

Welcome!! I'm glad you're enjoying it & thank you so much!

Finally all caught up!

We had these on this past trip and really enjoyed them!

Yum! And I had no idea about the Hidden Remys!

What? How is you sitting on the ground making it more full than sitting in a chair?? Glad the other moms stood up for you!

We have learned that we are not all day people - we need a break or an early night! Glad you got some rest!

That is sooo nice! Disney is exhausting for sure and I'm glad DD slept well at night!!

The boys always have to take turns sitting on this! A speeder maybe? From Endor?

She must have loved the music and lights! And it certainly seems like DS enjoyed the show! Where do you get your music? We listen on Sorcerer Radio and d-cot.

Great Fantasmic pictures and love DH's shots of Hallowishes from the TTC! Such a different perspective!

They were good, and it was nice to try out something different. I usually only have eyes for the pizza!

The hidden Remys was a F&W thing where you purchase a map, find all the Remys, and once you have them all marked on your map you can get some little trinket. I think it's a bit silly that they make you pay for it. We'd rather just happen across them! lol

Exactly!! It was so strange, but it led to a pretty fun time in the nursing room, so there's that. lol

Yep, we have learned the same about ourselves. We definitely need breaks, especially when it's so hot outside. It really just zaps your energy being out with the heat and humidity!

Yes! I have since been informed it's a speeder. lol

We listen to a lot on Mouse World Radio and some of the other music is stuff we have downloaded along the way and collected from compilation Disney CDs and soundtracks. :goodvibes

Just stopping in to say I am catching up on the trip and apologize as I've been too busy to read lately. Looks like a good time. Surprised you got such a scorcher of a day in October, though we have occasionally had those two - seems like common in Epcot.

First ever Mickey Bar? What took so long?

No worries, I have fallen far behind on reading too! Hopefully I can get caught up soon!!

We usually find the weather at the end of October to be really pleasant. It can get hot during the day, but usually isn't very humid. This past trip, that was not the case at all as we found it MUCH more humid than usual. It's a little disappointing that we are locked into going at the beginning of the month this year to get in a trip before both our Disney World & Universal APs expire, because I expect the weather will be more hot & humid.

If I'm being honest, probably mom's aversion to a child covered in chocolate & melted ice cream! :rotfl:

Sorry for the lack of updates over the last couple of weeks. It's been pretty busy around here! We had a bit of sickness running through the house again as first DD, then me, then DH fell victim to a nasty cold/sinus infection so I was pretty run down for a few days. Then DS was having all of his end of the year stuff as he finished Pre-K! Then came our surprise trip to WDW, which we got back from last night! It was a short trip, but we had a blast at the Flower & Garden Festival!! If you want a little sneak peek before I get started on that TR, you can see some pictures on my Instagram @disneymom1024.

But for now, back to October...

Day 7: Friday October 23rd

We were up the next morning at 6:45 to get ready for our day at Animal Kingdom!

Untitled
by disneymom1024, on Flickr
DD was looking super cute that morning!
We left Bonnet Creek at 8:30 am. By the time we drove there, parked, made it through bag check and to the turnstiles, we were able to enter the park. Our FP+ experiences for the day were Kilimanjaro Safari from 9:40-10:40 am, Mickey & Minnie at Adventurers Outpost from 10:40-11:40 am, Dinosaur for DH & DS from 11:40 am-12:40 pm, and Expedition Everest from 12:05-1:05 pm for me.

Oct 07-001
DS insisted we enter on the triceratops side of the park

Oct 07-002
An early morning DeVine sighting!

Oct 07-004

Oct 07-006

AK_BRDGMDL_7504228241
We had some time to kill before we could use our first FP, and there wasn’t really anything else we felt like we’d have time to do before we could use it. So we just wandered around the Tree of Life checking out some of the animals, both real, and carved into the Tree.

Oct 07-010
But first, Dug’s collar

Oct 07-011

Oct 07-012

Oct 07-014

Oct 07-015

Oct 07-016

Oct 07-017

Oct 07-018

Oct 07-019

Oct 07-021

Oct 07-023

Oct 07-024
We came across the entrance to It’s Tough to Be a Bug and DS wanted to see it. So he and DH went to do that while I took DD through the shops since she was asleep in the stroller. And I don’t like that show anyway!

Untitled

Oct 07-025

Oct 07-026

Oct 07-027

Oct 07-028
By the time they were done with the show, we decided to head over to the Safari to use our FP+. I seriously love the atmosphere in this park!

Oct 07-029

Oct 07-030

Oct 07-031

Once we got to the front of the line, we asked to wait for the first row so it wouldn’t be quite as bouncy for DD. It just meant waiting one more truck, so not bad at all. And soon we were loaded up and off on safari!

These guys got a little spooked and took off running across the road in front of our safari truck!

Oct 07-039

Oct 07-040

Oct 07-041
Continued in next post...

Day 7 Continued: Friday October 23rd

Oct 07-042
Look out for Ginger because…Ginger snaps. Oh, wrong alligators.

Oct 07-044

Oct 07-046

Oct 07-047

Oct 07-048

Oct 07-049

Oct 07-050

Oct 07-052
Baby giraffe!

Oct 07-053

Oct 07-054

Oct 07-055
TBH, I am still a little mad at these guys for killing Mufasa

Oct 07-056

Oct 07-057
DS’s favorite part of the Safari this time was the elephants! For some reason, he was totally pumped when we got to them.

For the longest time I had no idea there were even cheetahs on this Safari. They were always hard to see! Today though they were just lounging around.

Oct 07-072

So were the lions, who were tough to see today.

Oct 07-073

Oct 07-074

I don’t know about you, but the pickup truck kind of takes me out of the “African safari” vibe.

After a great Safari experience, it was time for DD to eat. While she and I headed to Baby Care, DH and DS decided to check out the Pangani trail.

Continued in next post...

Day 7 Continued: Friday October 23rd

Also while they were on their own, they picked up a Wilderness Explorer book for DS to start collecting some badges. Once DD and I had finished up at Baby Care, we met up with DH and DS at Adventurers Outpost to use our next FP+ to meet Mickey & Minnie.

Oct 07-099

As we were about to enter, we saw a couple other jungle animals wandering around!

Oct 07-100

Oct 07-101

Oct 07-102
We made our way inside the outpost and enjoyed looking at photos of Mickey’s & Minnie’s adventures as we waited. It was less than 10 minutes before we were going inside.

We were about ready for lunch, and the FP+ for Dinosaur would be coming up soon, so we headed over to Dinoland next.

Oct 07-114
Just before the entrance to Restaurantosaurus, there was a Wilderness Explorer stop about dinosaur fossils, so of course we had to stop there first.

Oct 07-115

Oct 07-116

Oct 07-117

After earning his badge, we headed into Restaurantosaurus for some lunch! We never used to eat here, but we did a couple of trips ago to try something new, and now it is our go-to place instead of Pizzafari. Plus what 5 year old boy (and I’m sure some girls too!) wouldn’t love eating in a place where they are surrounded by dinosaurs?!

Oct 07-118

Oct 07-119

Oct 07-120

After lunch, it was time for the boys to use their Dinosaur FPs. DH was really excited to be taking DS on this for the first time! They took off towards the ride while I took DD to the restroom to get her freshened up.

Aaaaaaand…that’s as far as they made it! Lol By the time I was done in the restroom, DH was calling me to meet up. DS had made it up through the pre-show before chickening out! So we met up together, and DH was pretty bummed to be missing out on something he had been looking forward to doing with DS. But he ended up taking them both to the Boneyard to dig while I went to use my FP for EE.

I got to ride in the front row! I haven’t done that in ages, so it was a lot of fun! On my way back to Dinoland, I stopped at a gift shop to buy some little charms for the charm bracelets they sell for my cousins. Then I treated myself to a Mickey bar before heading back to the dig site to find the family. Once I found them, DD and I headed to Baby Care to eat while the boys went off for some more fun!

UP NEXT: Don't Throw Me In That Briar Patch!

Untitled
Super cute! What a happy girl!

Oct 07-010
But first, Dug’s collar
What?! I had no idea this was here! Does it do anything?

26189328080_da84f38d27_c.jpg
Even smiling in her sleep...adorable!

These guys got a little spooked and took off running across the road in front of our safari truck!

Yikes!

Love all the pretty safari pictures!

Aaaaaaand…that’s as far as they made it! Lol By the time I was done in the restroom, DH was calling me to meet up. DS had made it up through the pre-show before chickening out! So we met up together, and DH was pretty bummed to be missing out on something he had been looking forward to doing with DS. But he ended up taking them both to the Boneyard to dig while I went to use my FP for EE.
Aw, bummer on the change of plans! Glad you got a ride and Mickey bar in between feedings, though.

I loved seeing all your pics on Instagram! Can't wait to read the TR :)

Love all the close ups of the Tree of Life- so much beautiful detail!

Great safari pics! It's always special when you get to see the cheetahs or the lions!

PP got some great interaction photos of you guys with Mickey & Minnie!

Aww I'm sorry DS chickened out on Dinosaur :( Hopefully another trip he will be ready!

Cute, and glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't buckle the stroller buckles lol

Love these pics!! The tree of life is gorgeous. On our next long trip (sometime next year) I plan to spend a slow paced day at AK and really soak in details.

So sweet with her looking at mickey!

You guys didn't get rider swaps for stuff? Bummer Paxton didn't want to ride although it is pretty scary (not sure how I got Aria to agree to a second ride in May lol)

Is Dug's collar new? I don't think I have ever seen it before

I love how your DD is smiling while she sleeps!

I don't think I have ever seen more than one cheetah out on the Safari - I think I assumed they only had one, so that was cool you saw that!

great meet with Mickey and Minnie!

Well, your DD has gotten further than me as we have never ridden Dinosaur - always has a wait and other rides had higher priority and just no one else in the family has expressed interest ... and now I think it will be down for maintenance during our July trip. Oh well, at least I've done Indy at DLR!

I love the boneyard area!

Sorry for the lack of updates over the last couple of weeks. It's been pretty busy around here! We had a bit of sickness running through the house again as first DD, then me, then DH fell victim to a nasty cold/sinus infection so I was pretty run down for a few days. Then DS was having all of his end of the year stuff as he finished Pre-K! Then came our surprise trip to WDW, which we got back from last night! It was a short trip, but we had a blast at the Flower & Garden Festival!! If you want a little sneak peek before I get started on that TR, you can see some pictures on my Instagram @disneymom1024.
I can relate. I'm way behind on the Dis. I'm glad you're all feeling better.

Great picture!

For the longest time I had no idea there were even cheetahs on this Safari.
I didn't either. I think it was our last visit to AK when the driver pointed them out off in the distance under a tree that I first realized they were even there.

Aaaaaaand…that’s as far as they made it! Lol By the time I was done in the restroom, DH was calling me to meet up. DS had made it up through the pre-show before chickening out!
Yeah, I kind of wondered how he'd handle it. Even if he likes dinosaurs that could be a little bit intimidating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter