YES - The QSDP is worth it!

QVCshopper

DIS Veteran
I wanted to post this for others who are debating on buying a quick service dining plan. We had never used a dining plan before and weren't sure if it would work for us.

We decided to get the QSDP for our trip (3/4 - 3/11) because we were staying at Coronado Springs, where the Pepper Market tends to be a bit pricier, and because we didn't have to pay for our son, who is turning 3 next week. Also, with two high-energy preschoolers, we like to avoid table service.

For 2 adults (DH and myself) and our 4 year old DD, we paid just under $500 for the QSDP. We ate at some of the pricier QS and used our snacks to their full advantage. With some rough calculations, we would have spent $900 out of pocket. We didn't even need to spend any other cash for food. Between the 2 meals and 2 snacks each day, we all had plenty of food.

So, for us, the QSDP was great. Just wanted to help out those who are still debating what to do.

Happy eating!

We just got back too and used the QSDP! I'm glad you guys thought it was good too. We thought it was great.

We were two adults and stayed at Pop. I kept track of all the prices and what we would have spent. Our difference was $101.15. We spent $419.86 on the plan and our food cost $521.01. We didn't always get the priciest thing, just what we wanted. Snacks were anywhere from $2.50 - $3.50 with some at $4.29. Our priciest meal for 2 was at the Riverside Foodcourt and it was like $34.00. Since our receipts always printed out at zeros I would write down the total I saw and then copy down the item's prices from the menu board. It was the only way I would know if it was really worth it.

We found it to be plenty of food and the convenience was really nice. I can see how it would work great when you have little ones that might not sit through a Table Service everyday. Heck I can't even sit through a table service everyday. My sister is taking her two kids down in May and is on the Deluxe plan. She is having a hard time trying to fit in enought TS's to make it worth it. Too me that plan sounds crazy.

We did do Tusker House Breakfast OOP.

I'm glad the quick serve plan is getting good reviews since will probably do it again in the future.

Thanks for reporting on your experiences with this. We've been kicking around getting the QSDP for our September trip. Sometimes I think yes, other times no. I think we will go for it. It would be nice to have things pre-paid and be able to just get meals and snacks (Dole Whip! and other cold treats to cool off in that brutal September heat) without thinking about the cost.

Thank you for this info! We are trying to decide whether or not to do this plan in June. We've done the DDP 2x and liked it, but we hate being tied down to ADR's every day. In June, we are planning on 3 ADR's (Chef Mickey's dinner, WCC dinner and breakfast), so we would pay OOP for those. The rest of our meals would be QS. We are 3A 1C, with my oldest being 14 and a boy...needless to say, he eats a lot. I think there would be no problem using up the snack credits either. The only problem I can foresee is that my 9 year old might not like the QS choices (uncrustable? Seriously??? YUCK!!), but we can supplement with snacks and our food too.

I think we might just go for it! I just don't want to spend more money on the plan than what we actually eat. :confused3

Glad to hear positive reports. We're still debating btw DDP and QSDP. I went ahead and made ADR's, but don't know if we want ot be so tied down. It's helpful to hear from people who traveled for more than 3 or 4 days who think it was good.

Thanks for the update. We decided to go for the QSDP for our trip in December precisely for the same reasons. Kids will not sit thru TS meals and this way its pre-paid. My only issue is we're all vegetarians so I will be spending the months before our trip researching the WDW menus. FUN!

I'm a vegetarian too, it's not hard to eat at WDW. Most CS places have options for a vegetarian, however their are a couple that don't. Usually the vegetarian options are bit cheaper, but I still saved with the Quick Dining plan.

I also forgot to mention in my above post but we were there for 7 nights.

We have also decided to to the QSDP b/c our sweet DD's will not sit for a table service long either. With us the grab and go will be much better since we eat at weird and early times. We did get 2 ADR's though. 1 for CP for younger dd's 5th birthday and called T-Rex and got one as a late bday for older dd. We are totally prepared to go OOP for these. I think it will balance out for what we are saving from the QSDP. Thanks for the GREAT review of the plan.:cheer2:

We're going with it. After reading menus and crunching numbers, I think we'll at least break even. We are planning on eating at Wolfgang Pucks Express one night, and we're going to try the Pepper Market at CSR for the first time. Both places offer nice, dinner-style food and the prices are in the $10-$20 range. Nice for CS! Also, any of the World Showcase CS's will be dinner-worthy. We've decided that if we have any credits left, we'll head to Earl of Sandwich before we leave and get food to go, and pack in our cooler to eat on the long trip home. Then use up the snack credits at Goofy's for goodies to have at home.

The only thing I really don't like about the plan are the kids meal choices....BUT...I think we'll be able to share our food with our 9 y/o and make him happy. Also, the snack list is pretty extensive as to what constitutes a snack, so I think we can feed him that way too. I do see some chicken salads on the kids meal list at some locations, so that will definitely work with him. That is one of his favorite meals. What I don't get is why they don't have a burger on EVERY kids meal menu? Especially if the restaurant sells burgers!! He might get a little upset if he sees a burger but can't GET a burger. Oh well.

I think the best part about this plan is being able to change our minds and still be able to eat! If we get to WPE at 8 pm instead of our targeted 6 pm, no problem! And if we decide we don't want to eat there on Tuesday, we can go Wednesday.

I'm happy with the decision...now I just need to call and add it!

Thanks for reporting on your experiences with this. We've been kicking around getting the QSDP for our September trip. Sometimes I think yes, other times no. I think we will go for it. It would be nice to have things pre-paid and be able to just get meals and snacks (Dole Whip! and other cold treats to cool off in that brutal September heat) without thinking about the cost.

If you're going in September, you should think about booking the Free Dining deal if and when it's offered.

MarcyinPA, you'll be able to share your CS food with your child. Some of the CS meals (like double cheeseburgers) are too much food for many adults. Also, if you see something on the kid's menu that you wouldn't mind eating, you could get it for yourself and let your child take your meal.

we are visiting in June and have the QSDP. I have a six year old who is VERY picky-the only thing I saw for her on the QS menus that she will eat are the chicken nuggets- and not every QS restaurant has them. do any of the QS restaurants have alternatives that are not listed? I am thinking about dropping her from the plan; do you think the snacks alone are worth it if I don't use all her meals? I know she won't have any trouble using her snack credits :tinker:

we are visiting in June and have the QSDP. I have a six year old who is VERY picky-the only thing I saw for her on the QS menus that she will eat are the chicken nuggets- and not every QS restaurant has them. do any of the QS restaurants have alternatives that are not listed? I am thinking about dropping her from the plan; do you think the snacks alone are worth it if I don't use all her meals? I know she won't have any trouble using her snack credits :tinker:

I'm not sure if this holds true for the QSDP, but with the regular DDP, all people on your reservation MUST be on the same plan. I don't think you'll be able to drop your daughter.

I know there are a few things on the kids menus that my DS9 will eat, and we'll just make him order something and then supplement with our food/snacks.

Hi- love this thread as I have been thinking of the QSDP for DH, DS(8) and myself. I just keep going back and forth because of the kids choices. I am looking forward to hear reviews from anyone else that has bought the QSDP!:cutie:

Hi - We just got back from the world 3/6 thru 3/13. The QSDP was SOOOO worth it! ALWAYS had plenty to eat and saved $$$$. For 3 of us - 2 adults and 1 10 year old (an Adult in WDW) - we saved $ 200.00 out of pocket.

The best overall meals were at Wolfgang Puck Express. For 2 of us - we had dinner - oop would have been $42 for the entree, dessert and drink. And YUMMY

We stayed at Pop Century - and several of their meals were quite good as well as made up for the cost for the plan.

:cool1:

If you're going in September, you should think about booking the Free Dining deal if and when it's offered.

I thought about this but "Free Dining" would actually cost us. We reserved our room with the 40% military discount rate. In order to do Free Dining, it is my understanding that we would have to pay the full room rate plus buy a 1 day MYW park ticket, which we can't use since we won't have enough time.
I calculated that it is cheaper for us to keep our room at the military discount rate, buy the military discount park tickets and just buy the QSDP. We also don't want to be tied down to ADRs as we would if we got the DDP. The QSDP sounds perfect for us.

I'm sort of double minded as well due to limited availability of vegetarian options on child's menu. I submitted a question to WDW online on whether CS restaurants would allow child to pick from adult menu due to lack of veggie options on child's menu. They completely ignored my question! I wrote back. Let's see if they will give a real answer this time, even if it is "NO".

Everybody on your reservation has to be on the same dining plan, so unfortunately you can't drop the 6 y.o. from the plan. My DD is also not a fan of the kids' meals at WDW (CS or TS) except for the pizza. The milk/juice and sides are fine, but we often end up trashing at least some of the entree. We have found the servers at the resort CS to be more flexible ie. where you actually get to ask them directly what to include. So DD has been able to get mashed potatoes instead of a side with her turkey dinner. It never hurts to ask if something can be substituted if it's a reasonable request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter