Yes Or No...fee To Cancel Adr????

Razorback

Mouseketeer
This will be my first time on the DDP so this is probably a rookie question.

If I have a ADR at Chef Mickey's for Friday and we decide Thursday night that we do not want to go will I get charged anything?:confused3

I've never heard of anyone being charged for not showing up for an ADR at CM's. (Out of courtesy, you should call ahead and cancel if you're a no show.)

The rule of thumb is that you get charged for a no-show if you give a credit card when you make the reservation. I believe the restaurants that do this are V&A (Victoria's and Albert's), CRT (Cinderella's Royal Table), and CG (California Grill), and the dinner shows (Luau and Hoop Dee Doo).

Without having to remember the names of restaurants that incur a fee, just remember if you had to give a credit/debit card number when you made an ADR.
If you did (such as CRT) then there is a penalty for last minute cancelling. (I think it is 48 hours. But don't hold me to that.)

I spoke with some in Disney Dining and there is not a fee is you cancel or don't show up for a 1 credit TS meal. The only times there is a penalty is somewhere that requires a 2 TS meal or some super deluxe place.

They did say it would be nice if you called and cancelled instead of not showing up.

I spoke with some in Disney Dining and there is not a fee is you cancel or don't show up for a 1 credit TS meal. The only times there is a penalty is somewhere that requires a 2 TS meal or some super deluxe place.

They did say it would be nice if you called and cancelled instead of not showing up.

I'm not sure who told you this, but that was false information. Whether the meal is one credit or two has no bearing on whether you will be charged or not. Basically anytime you are asked for a credit card guarantee at the time of booking, then you will be charged if you don't show up. The ones that come to mind off the top of my head are: the Fantasmic pkg restaurants (H&V and Mama Melrose are both one credit, by the way--BD is two credits), California Grill, CRT, Akershus (again one credit), and the dinner shows. Two credit restaurants that will not charge you if you don't show up are: Narcoosee, Citricos, Yachtsman, Flying Fish, Jikos, Artist Point, or Brown Derby lunch.

To the OP: no you will not be charged if you don't show up for Chef Mickey's, but it is polite to call and let them know so that someone else might be able to get that last minute ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter