Year of A Million Dreams Begins October:Likely special rates?

peedeejones

Mouseketeer
I noticed that Disney is advertising the "Year of a Million Dreams" promotion.
It begins October 1st, so I was wondering if anyone thinks that it would be more likely or less likely that there would be special rates or codes for October to get more people to come?

what exactly is the year of a million dreams?

When I booked for Oct, the CM was a hoot! She said she is so excited about Year of a Million Dreams..so, of course, I asked about it! I wondered if the CMs get to choose someone from the crowd to surprise, or how it would work. She said it will all be pre-set in the computers. Example: The 258th person to buy a turkey leg on Oct 18th will get X. Sounds exciting!

They've got to put some packages together. It's the only way to bring business in during the slow periods.

Thing is, October isn't so slow anymore. Events like MNSSHP & the F&W Festival, in addition to many school systems (like ours!) having fall breaks in October, are making it a very popular time to go. We went two years ago in October & it was great! The crowds were very manageable & the weather great. I keep reading reports here saying that October was very crowded last year. I don't know, but I'll find out when we go this Oct. 5-14!!

I would like to know more than on this too! We where is WDW last time when they where getting ready for the current celebration, it looked so cool! I can't wait to see what this dream a million dreams is all about! :grouphug:

bamagirl@hrt said:
Thing is, October isn't so slow anymore. Events like MNSSHP & the F&W Festival, in addition to many school systems (like ours!) having fall breaks in October, are making it a very popular time to go. We went two years ago in October & it was great! The crowds were very manageable & the weather great. I keep reading reports here saying that October was very crowded last year. I don't know, but I'll find out when we go this Oct. 5-14!!

The celebration isn't just for October, it usually lasts at least 15 - 18 months.

OhMari said:
The celebration isn't just for October, it usually lasts at least 15 - 18 months.

I know, but the OP was specifically questioning the possibility of discounts in October.l

abline said:
They've got to put some packages together. It's the only way to bring business in during the slow periods.

They did. Look at September.

October is considered regular season now, it's not nearly as slow as it once was.

Oh. . . I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO want that night in Cindy's CASTLE.

THAT WOULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9:

Lesley

I don't really get it...do we have to do something, or are they just picking people at random that are in the parks?

mtemm said:
I don't really get it...do we have to do something, or are they just picking people at random that are in the parks?

I heard CRO will be doing a lot of the picking. Or the front desk, and CM's stationed at parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter