yeah discounts!!

:banana:

for those of you that don't live in Pittsburgh Steeler land, our main grocery store is Giant Eagle. For every $50 you spend at Giant eagle, you get .20 cents off a gallon of gas at the Get Go Gas stations! So, I got $109 dollars in free gas using the $500 Disneyy Gift card for down payment. That is an additional 22% discount on top of AAAwoohoo:(I will continue to tweek our reservation as discounts come out since I we are not leaving until 9/8 but I will be able to always have the gas discount on top of any other discount I use!:confused3) The fuel perks must be used by 90 days of purchasing the gas, not to worry, there are 4 vehichles involved, and everyone in Pittsburgh has extra gas cans because your entitled to 30 gallons per fill and no one wants to lose a free gallon of gas at almost $4 a gallon!!!...

actually;)the $.20 is a special they roll out every few months on the gift cards...it's usually $.10 on $50. Last time around was end of February when i bought my DS gift cards for his disney trip & I bought enough 2 weeks ago to pay off my DCL cruise:banana:plus another $500 for upcoming WDW trips. Probably will buy a few more next payday if the special is still running.:goodvibes

i refuse to mess with fuel cans:snooty:we just caravan 2 vehicles to the pump on fill up day:rolleyes1lol

They dont allow 2 cars but I never see anyone watching.........what's the big deal.....it's ur card and your 30 gallons:cool1:

They dont allow 2 cars but I never see anyone watching.........what's the big deal.....it's ur card and your 30 gallons:cool1:
i'm a rebel;), 'everybody' does it this way in eastern 'burbs, was actually suggested to me by the clerk in the get go the one time i only had 20-something gallons.:laughing:

OP you will learn real quick on these boards that people will jump on you for anything. Use all the smilies you want I do :) :hippie: :lmao::cheer2:

i'm a rebel;), 'everybody' does it this way in eastern 'burbs, was actually suggested to me by the clerk in the get go the one time i only had 20-something gallons.:laughing:

Which Get Go do you go to? When we tried doing this they stopped us.

The Giant Eagle stores that are near me are ending their .20 today and going back to .10 Does anyone know of any Giant Eagle that will be running it after today?

Op. As the risk taker you seem to be, i'd suggest you look into a finance board and try some app-o-rama...

The Giant Eagle stores that are near me are ending their .20 today and going back to .10

Thanks for posting. I had $925 more to purchase to pay off the rest of my trip. I put down the computer and headed straight to my Irwin Giant Eagle. :thumbsup2 I did ask when the special was over and I was told it will end at midnight tonight for all local Giant Eagle stores.

Maybe my Giant works differently here. We get $.10 per gallon for every $100 spent. So if I bought a $1000 gift card, I would be entitled to $1.00 off per gallon. This is only good for one fill up, and it has an expiration date.

I can't see how I could possibly get $100 worth of free gas and take advantage of it before the expiration date.

Does your supermarket work it differently?

Deb

This is how our Kroger/Scott's works. I can't see the benefit of doing it, not even sure they carry Disney or SW gift cards anyway. Everything is more expensive there and I have trouble remembering to use it by the end of the month as it is (we do shop there some since it's the closest but usually just when we need to pick up a couple of things or if something is on sale). The rewards are only good at Shell which is usually more expensive to begin with and there isn't one that is convenient to us.

We just put everything on our Visa Rewards card. I get $1 for every $100. I'd never used the rewards in the 10 years we've had the card so I already took off $600+ on our airline tickets by crediting it back to our card and I should have about $200 more I can take off in Aug when we pay off the balance. My parents and grandparents had me book their airline tickets with ours and I put it all on the cc and they paid me back, their deposit on their room too, so that was an extra $15 or so off! Every little bit helps!

I wish the grocery stores here in CT did something like this!! Although I have not risen to the level of "extreme couponing" (somehow can't bring myself to buy 114 bottles of Excedrin PM), I do pride myself on saving at least 50% on our weekly groceries and I HATE paying full price for ANYTHING!!!! My poor family - "Ma, look what I bought" "Why didn't you tell me, I had a coupon for that!!!"

Thanks for the idea though. I will certainly spend more time looking at the gas promos around here based on your post!!! :thumbsup2

We paid our trip off with gift cards from Giant Eagle too! I used my Disney Visa to buy the cards, so it was a win win. I received Disney Reward Dollars and the fuel perks.

Two rooms at POFQ for 15 days with the dining plan and we're flying on Southwest. That's a lot of fuel perks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter