• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

YAY! I think I figured this Dining Plan thing out!

Trina7020

Mouseketeer
Thank you all so much for your help! I have debated and debated between DDP and DDDP... It looks like Basic is the way to go.
It will be myself, my husband, my 3 year old and 2 year old.

Deluxe would cost us $800 for 5 days
I have 8 ADRs for a total price (after tax) about $552.00
That would leave us 7 CS (2 adult, 1 child used each time) @$40 each = $280
30 snack credits @ $4 = $120
Total = $952… we would save a little… but that is a TON of food… more than we need and we would have to use EVERY credit to save.

If I ate the EXACT same foods on Basic… which would cost me $400

5 TS included + 3 OOP for ~$160 (after tax)
5 (2 adults/1 child used each time) CS included + 2 OOP for ~$80
15 Snacks included + 15 OOP for $60

Total Spent = $700

BUT… I don’t think we would really spend that. We may not need the extra CS b/c we decide to share… or we don't eat 3 full meals everyday... or if we can’t keep all those TS ADRs then we just don’t pay OOP… and we might not need 30 snacks…. BUT… even if we eat like we are Deluxe we save $120 by doing Basic!!

Does that look right to you! I can hardly believe it!

After I looked at my other post about the cost of CS I changed my estimate from $30 (2 adult, 1 child) to $40....

It made the deluxe a little better deal, but I still think the Basic is cheaper and not the pressure to eat so much food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter