• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

YAY! ADRs - check

MOUSEANDALL

Mouseketeer
So, today was my D-Day (ADR date for our trip). I set my alarm clock for 5:30am. Managed to roll myself out of bed, one eye open. Stepped on a pointy toy that my DD left in our room. So, picture me stiffling the pain and limping downstairs to get my morning drug...coffee. Can you smell the coffee? Yum. Both eyes open now. Walked back upstairs and proceeded to sit myself in front of the computer. Tick...Tick...Tick... 6am here yet? Armed myself with my planning folder, schedule chart, and most importantly coffee. Do they have good coffee in Disney? I hope so. So, I log in to the Disney website. It tells me my reservation/confirmation # does not match. WHAT??!!! I looked again. Duh. I transposed the #s. :rolleyes1 So, maybe I'm not really awake yet. Drank more coffee and tried again. Good, now it worked. It's about 5:59am. So, I "checked for tables". It tells me something about not being available and to continue to book, or something to that affect. Again, WHAT???!! Please do not do this to me. Took a deep breath. Drank more coffee. It is now 6:01am. Tried again. It was like the heaven opened up! Finally, it worked. First mission. Book ADR for CRT for my daughter's 5th Birthday. :yay: I even got the time I wanted. I wanted to put a special comment about it being her Bday but there was no place for me to do that. Guess if I was on the phone with Disney they would have been able to add that. So, do I want to press my luck? I tried for our next important ADR and so on. I was able to get them all! Maybe being married to an Irish man really does come in handy...luck o' the Irish, you know? ;) I will do a pre-trip report later. Now, that I can breathe again. Man, that was stressful! OK. Now I can wake up the entire house. Day continues like normal. But, inside I am jumping for joy. :yay:

Cute post, & I could feel your pain/excitement as I am making my ressies in a few weeks! Where all did you make your ressies?

:thumbsup2 You are luckier than me. I got up at 530 only to have the system not be able to link to my reservation so I could only book for saturday 11/3. Wouldnt even let me search for tables for any other day:mad: Oh well, continued trying and trying no luck:confused3 So i called at 7, waited on hold about 25 minutes then got on with a cm who was great. Got everything we wanted though so no complaints really:cool1: Just will never understand how a company like Disney can allow these ongoing computer problems. I couldve slept an extra hour!!:)

"Cute post, & I could feel your pain/excitement as I am making my ressies in a few weeks! Where all did you make your ressies?"

Thanks Momof2cutegirls. Yes, it was stressful and exciting at the same time. :scared: We held off telling my DD about CRT in case I could not get reservations. I'm just happy that it all worked out for me. Saw other posts where people had problems with the site. Practice before you actually have to do it so you are familiar with the site. Have everything handy: confirmation #, places where you want to eat, times you want to eat, credit card (some places want a credit card on file in case you cancel), and Disney's phone #.

I tried to get one ADR at each park. Mostly breakfast or dinner. Kept lunch open. We did 3 character breakfasts. I figured the characters are there so we wouldn't have to go crazy trying to find them at the parks. We will only look for the ones that we didn't get to meet. I would have liked to have eaten at the signature restaurants but this trip is about our daughter. Maybe when she is older we will try Le Cellier, Narcoosees (sp?), etc. We wanted it to be child friendly.

Here are our ADRs, not necessarily in that order:
Dinner at CRT (MK) - DD's 5th birthday. Will probably order a special cake. I think they have a birthday package. Cake, Balloon, and Tiara. Then, if what I read is true, all the Princesses will come to the table and wish her Happy Birthday.

Character Breakfast at Ohana with Lilo and Stitch (PR) - DD finally saw the movie so she loves the characters.

Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House (AK) - Another character breakfast. Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Goofy. Hoping Minnie will make an appearance that day.

Character Breakfast at Crystal Palace (MK) - Winnie The Pooh and Friends.

Coral Reef (Epcot)

50's Prime Time Cafe (HS)

Rainforest Cafe (AK) - paying OOP for this one. Husband was tied between Prime Time and Rainforest. We didn't have enough TS credits so we opted to reserve this and pay OOP. Don't know if that was a smart idea. Maybe cheaper to pay OOP for Prime Time? I guess we can decide when we get there?

Maria

Disneylovingdad

I was sweating it out. Hoping that I would not have the system issues that I read on the boards. Had the Disney phone # handy in case I had to go that route.

I'm sorry you had the problems. I am glad though that you had a good experience on the phone and got what you wanted :cool1:

So, our plans are coming together. :dance3:

Thanks mouseandall!! Yeah I had been prepared for it. Just figured I would give it a shot Online in case it worked. Oh well. It all worked out.

:thumbsup2 You are luckier than me. I got up at 530 only to have the system not be able to link to my reservation so I could only book for saturday 11/3. Wouldnt even let me search for tables for any other day:mad: Oh well, continued trying and trying no luck:confused3 So i called at 7, waited on hold about 25 minutes then got on with a cm who was great. Got everything we wanted though so no complaints really:cool1: Just will never understand how a company like Disney can allow these ongoing computer problems. I couldve slept an extra hour!!:)

That sounds like how my ADR morning went! But I got the places I wanted and some of the times. Seems the only time they had left for CRT was 4:25?:confused3 But I will take what I can get as I have never eaten there and have always dreamed if eating I the castle!!

Congrats to the OP for getting yours done online! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter