• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yakitori house = no dessert?

29apr00

Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!
There is no dessert listed on the Yakitori House menu on WDWInfo. Is that correct or no? If there is no dessert are you able to subsitite for a soup or salad on the DP?

the on-line menus are not necessarily complete, or correct...

allears.net menu lists dessert there as
Dessert: ask about today's selection

Course, allears is often incorrect, too, lol. Even Disney's own site has had errors on it (not updating their own menus on-line)

I know they at least have had some sort of ginger cake. And if there is no dessert, then you can't substitute something else on the dining plan.

Just be aware that this is one of the places that does not allow you to sub anything for dessert .... unless you happen to be served by a very obliging CM. ;) However it is on our list of places to go to this year as DD and I both like Japanese food and if I am happy with the food I am willing to give dessert a miss. Although saying that, ginger cake sounds like something I would eat! :)

The ginger cake is good. Our daughter hates ginger, yet devoured this during our trip this week :) It looks like a white layer cake with white frosting, but there's a hint of ginger in it.

We also liked the ginger-caramel ice cream that the counter-service restaurant in China offers as dessert - that has big chunks of ginger in it.

You will LOVE the food even without a dessert. The curry is just like the curry I had in Japan when I was in college.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter