• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yak and Yeti or Tusker House?

rosa727

Earning My Ears
I am trying to plan some of my dining now since we are coming up on my 180 day reservation window. We will be at Animal Kingdom for one full day of our week-long trip, and I am trying to plan a dinner for that day. I will be there with my husband and 2 sons (18 months and 4.5). Should we do Tusker House or Yak and Yeti? I am wondering which will be more fun and interesting, as far as setting. Also, which has better food? I am not concerned with the character dining aspect (I know Tusker House only does it at breakfast) because we are doing several other character meals. So which is the better choice?

I've been to TH in the past a couple of times and though I like the food and character interaction, this time around we chose Y&Y and I loved the food. I had the crispy Mahi Mahi and it was seriously good..it was all I kept talking about the entire duration of our meal. Would it be ideal for small children..who knows. TH obviously gives you a lot of options with their buffet but everyone in our party loved Y&Y.

we also loved Yak and Yeti!! One of only two places we are returning this trip! I have heard the parade goes by there in the afternoon....maybe that would be a good time to go for a fun atmosphere?

We love lunch there. AK seems to get hotter than the other parks, and although we usually have a long wait (even with an ADR), DD8 loves it. The food is better than many of the other WDW places we've eaten at, and we've tried a lot of them. Our favorite is the steak and shrimp, and we order it every year. The CS, not so much....

we had lunch at yak and yeti this past september, both the food and service were terrible. we usually ate at tusker house the previous two years. love tusker house!!

We really love both.
TH has the advantage of quantity and variety (better for picky eaters, I think) while still having a bit of exotic thrown in.
YY has EXCELLENT food, but my kids found it a bit more of a stretch. Still loved it though.
Theme sans characters is good for both. A bit cooler at YY IMHO.
Either one Is a winner. We are eating at both on our Sept. Trip :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter