• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yacht Club standard or BCV studio????

read2me

Earning My Ears
I have the Yacht Club booked for our last night of our vacation in April (2 rooms). We are staying at BCV (2 BDRM) for the first seven nights and there was no availabilty for the eighth night. Now with the new discount we can book 2 studios at BCV for the same price as the rooms at Yacht CLub. We haven't stayed at either resort before.Would you keep the reservations at Yacht Club or switch over to BCV? I realize the location is the same but is there any difference in the rooms? Is one have any advantage over the other (size, etc.) Any advice would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!

Well, the location is somewhat the same but the BCV and YC are located at opposite ends of the BC/YC resort which is a haul if you're walking from one end to the other.

If it were me, I'd just stay at the BCV so at least you'll be close to the same room. There's also a good chance that you may not end up having to move that last night (cancellations happen, etc). Heck, we booked a studio last April and we're upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa! And there was supposedly no availability in anything but a studio then either.;) And here we ended up in a 2 bedroom for the same price as a studio! (we loved BCV btw!! awesome place to stay!!)

The main differences between a studio at the DVC's and the regular resort rooms is the kitchenette and there is a queen bed with a pull-out sofa bed rather than 2 queens or a king. While there is a frig in all of the resort rooms the kitchenette has a microwave, a larger frig, a toaster and a small sink. Paper goods are also supplied (plates, cups, etc).

The YC theme is slightly different than BC but it's not worth the hassle of moving to the other end of the resort for just one night IMHO.

Well, the location is somewhat the same but the BCV and YC are located at opposite ends of the BC/YC resort which is a haul if you're walking from one end to the other.

If it were me, I'd just stay at the BCV so at least you'll be close to the same room. There's also a good chance that you may not end up having to move that last night (cancellations happen, etc). Heck, we booked a studio last April and we're upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa! And there was supposedly no availability in anything but a studio then either.;) And here we ended up in a 2 bedroom for the same price as a studio! (we loved BCV btw!! awesome place to stay!!)

The main differences between a studio at the DVC's and the regular resort rooms is the kitchenette and there is a queen bed with a pull-out sofa bed rather than 2 queens or a king. While there is a frig in all of the resort rooms the kitchenette has a microwave, a larger frig, a toaster and a small sink. Paper goods are also supplied (plates, cups, etc).

The YC theme is slightly different than BC but it's not worth the hassle of moving to the other end of the resort for just one night IMHO.

THANKS! When I called back to book the two studios they were already gone! So it looks like we will be at the Yacht Club,I got a great rate though, 232. a night so I guess I can't complain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter