• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yacht Club discount - Sept.

Melbourne84

Earning My Ears
Hi there, I reserved 8 nights at Yacht Club (6-day tickets) in Sept. I pretty much accept the fact that I am not getting any discounts. Is it normal to pay full price for a room, in the off season, not be eligible for the dining package (I won't add park hoppers, so maybe my fault), or any room discounts? I'm not getting any breaks on this reservation. (On that note: I've read you can pretty much request a room number by calling the front desk within 3 or 4 days of arriving...on my trial run, I couldn't reach the front desk despite dialing the front desk number...I was told no one can reach the front desk and all calls are routed to the central reservations. I'd at least like to get a decent room/location if I'm paying 100% full price...) Am I doing something wrong? I saw Disney's discount on Yacht Club for the week I'm staying and it's 30% off. I understand it's select rooms, but my travel agent says it's only for club level rooms...but it says nothing about that on Disney's site. I've visited many sites for discounts and tips on saving money but any savings I might be eligible for are evading me. Any suggestions? I'm a master of getting great deals on cruises, but apparently I'm no match for Disney. Don't get me wrong - we are totally looking forward to all the YC has to offer, even at such a great expense. I just can't believe we might not get ANY discount.

What dates are you looking for? Have you looked at the back to school promo on the specials page? Discounts for Sept have been put for awhile so there may be limited availability as far as room types. I am going Sept 10 - 17 & have a bounce back discount. That week is usually pretty low crowds, but with all the various discounts the resort is showing very limited available. Also, food & wine festival is starting earlier this year, so the Epcot resorts are probably more booked due to that.

Edit to add: your travel agent may be trying to say that there are only club level rooms are left with the discount. Disney limits the number & type of rooms available with each discount. So while it may have applied to standard rooms when it first came out, those may be all booked by now & only club level rooms remain available with the discount.

Last edited:
Hi there, I reserved 8 nights at Yacht Club (6-day tickets) in Sept. I pretty much accept the fact that I am not getting any discounts. Is it normal to pay full price for a room, in the off season, not be eligible for the dining package (I won't add park hoppers, so maybe my fault), or any room discounts? I'm not getting any breaks on this reservation. (On that note: I've read you can pretty much request a room number by calling the front desk within 3 or 4 days of arriving...on my trial run, I couldn't reach the front desk despite dialing the front desk number...I was told no one can reach the front desk and all calls are routed to the central reservations. I'd at least like to get a decent room/location if I'm paying 100% full price...) Am I doing something wrong? I saw Disney's discount on Yacht Club for the week I'm staying and it's 30% off. I understand it's select rooms, but my travel agent says it's only for club level rooms...but it says nothing about that on Disney's site. I've visited many sites for discounts and tips on saving money but any savings I might be eligible for are evading me. Any suggestions? I'm a master of getting great deals on cruises, but apparently I'm no match for Disney. Don't get me wrong - we are totally looking forward to all the YC has to offer, even at such a great expense. I just can't believe we might not get ANY discount.
The month of September is usually heavily discounted. If the Disney website shows a 30% discount for your dates and room type then you should be able to book it. We have stayed at the BC and YC many times and have always gotten a discount. You should not be paying full price in September.

Have you looked on Cheaptickets? You are able to use a discount code on top of the price you see. There is a $25 cancellation fee, so be aware of that. My family is also goin in September, and I really want to stay at YC, so I kept looking at the prices everyday. I was able to snag a standard view for $199/night using a 20% off code. (Not including tax) We are doing a split stay with 3 nights at YC. This was just 2 weeks ago. You have to call Disney or cheap tickets directly to get your reservation number to link to your My Disney Experience. A little extra legwork, but worth it. Good luck!!

We booked Beach Club last September for mid September 2016. When the discounts and free dining came out this spring nothing was available for BC except club level. YC did have something in the same category for less than $200 savings. For us it wasn't worth the effort to change and we love BC. After all we did book what we wanted and were willing to pay full price. Just for fun we checked out possible savings (same dates) for the Grand Foridian and were able to stay there for about $100 more. We did change our reservation to give GF a try!

I managed to get the Yacht Club in September for $264 with the annual passholder discount.
I originally had the back to school rate of $284 but changed my reservation once I saw the AP discount.

Not sure when in September you are going but... On another thread a poster reported getting the Yacht Club for $850 inclusive of all taxes for 4 nights. Probably less than $200 per night without the tax. I believe the deal they used runs into early September.

I have this deal for this August. 4 nights at YC for $859.52 (tax included). & 4 nights at Poly for $954 (tax included). It was a great discovery! I would never be able to stay there otherwise!!! 22 more days to go!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter