• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ya think 12/5 - 12/10 will be slow and not crowded?

shopn24seven

DIS Veteran
Planning to go at that time.
It is the first w/e of Dec...
Parade will be filmed and PWarner kids will be sprinting around.
Other than that....LOL, do you think the crowds will be low?

If not, do you think the days FOLLOWING/BEFORE Thanksgiving will be slow?

Thanks for the input.

We went in 2007 Dec 4-12. While it wasn't as bad as summer or holidays, it was ALOT more than any previous December trip. We used to be able to just about walk on to everything, but that trip there was about a 40 minute for most except the ones that never seem to have a long wait. Lots of crowd congestion in the pathways and stores as well.

I think it is because disney started offering such good discounts for that time.

We are trying last week of Jan. first week of Feb. this trip, but I know I'm going to miss the holiday decorations. They really are great.

I'm inclined to think perhaps the week of Dec 13-19 might be slower as alot of people don't like to travel so close to Christmas.

It is really no sort of way to tell though. Lots of factors: deals that are out, current economy, etc.

The pop warner kids were not an issue though. We only saw them a few times, and only once were bothersome, but that was Sat. night in EPCOT, which is bad anyway.

Oh, definately not. If you have to compare to that, then yes, it would be good. It certainly wasn't crazy sardine packed busy, just alot more than I had been used to.

We just got back on 8/9 and my 9 y/o gave it a level of 6.9.
More crowded than I thought it would be, but not as bad as X,as eve week.

I just want to go on a week where I am not waiting 45 for m rides. LOL.
I know, not asking for much, huh? :lmao:

We're going that week and I'm expecting 6's and 7's for crowds. Not as low as January or September, but not as bad as summer.

The weekend of filming is, in my opinion, horrible in the Magic Kingdom on main street only. You can't get through and they route the traffic flow through the stores. But once you get off Main st it's about a medium crowd at rides. Once you get through that weekend and hit into pop warner week, the rides have never really been more than a 10-15 minute wait on just about everything all week. The kids from PW are not in the parks during the day. I asolutely LOVE going to Disney every year during the 2nd week in Dec. The Sat and Sun of that week, though will be much more crowded...again tolerable, however.

We are deviating from our usual and traveling the week before Thanksgiving this year...Nov 15- Nov 19. Anyone know how the crowds will be for this week??

We are deviating from our usual and traveling the week before Thanksgiving this year...Nov 15- Nov 19. Anyone know how the crowds will be for this week??
I've gone this time of year over the past few years and LOVE IT!!! Weather has always been sunny and comfortable. Crowds have been low-moderate. Highly recommend it!!

We did the week after Thanksgiving in 2006 and Pop Warner week in 2008. I didn't notice a huge difference in crowds either week (headliner waits were about 45 minutes, but we FP those anyway) except parade taping day. In 2006 we arrived around 5pm and bailed by 8pm since it was wall to wall people. In 2008 we arrived around noon but bailed around 4pm and thought it was very pleasant (they directed you in behind Main Street to avoid the taping crowds).

For both trips, however, the weather was goofy!! In 2006 it was roasting hot (mid 80's)and in 2008 it was chilly most of the trip (60's). Both were extremes.

This year we fly in the day after Thanksgiving and stay for 11 days. We are anticipating both weekends to be crowded but the weekdays to be moderate. And we are hoping for "normal" weather of low to mid 70's :wizard:

we've hit bit of cold snap early Dec few years ago, no matter; we're hardy sorts-still warmed than western PA was:laughing:. We even went into the pools @ night, water warm, air cool. Was glad to have med weight fleece & gloves for MVMCP!

will state that the 1st full week of Dec. has gotten more crowded every year, still manageable imo.

we've only noticed large groups of Pop Warner teams @ the airport and must report that they were very well behaved:thumbsup2their coaches were def on the ball...nice group of kids imo. Believe the fact that their individual groups tend to be smaller than the others we've seen @ the resorts (cheerleaders/twirlers) attributes to the chaperones having a better handle on the kids.:confused3

it's very popular time with DVC members as to value and used to be mousefest time too

We'll be there and I'm expecting a very crowded WDW. I've been both the first and second week of December and I've always brought my gloves and hat for the evenings and have always needed them. (A coat too). Sunny during the day, but still cool. December is very popular for DVC members because the points are low and most members book 11 months out to get into their home resorts.

We just got back on 8/9 and my 9 y/o gave it a level of 6.9.
More crowded than I thought it would be, but not as bad as X,as eve week.

I just want to go on a week where I am not waiting 45 for m rides. LOL.
I know, not asking for much, huh? :lmao:

I just came back from WDW on 8/5 and will be back 12/1 to 12/7. I anticipate the crowds will be simular.

I've been in Nov/Dec/Jan several times and have had weather in the high 80's never needed more than a T at night to lows in the 30's. You do have to pack a bit of everything and dress in layers.

at this time. Even last year it was Disney Visa card holders only that were able to get a deal similar.

For me, it was what I needed to go again. There may be others feeling the same way; so, it may be crowded.

No matter what I don't think it will be as bad as when school is out.

I don't have park hopping right now, but I would consider doing that upgrade if it's looking bad while I'm there at a certain park. At least you have the option then of trying another park that might be better.

If you're willing to see more shows I don't think it will be that bad.

I would expect the parks to be busy. Not as bad as Christmas and NY week. But busy.
Don't DVC members also have some gathering in early December every year? Their annual member's meeting or something like that.

I would expect the parks to be busy. Not as bad as Christmas and NY week. But busy.
Don't DVC members also have some gathering in early December every year? Their annual member's meeting or something like that.

Yes, there is a holiday get together on Fridays. I plan to go to them during my December trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter