Wyndham Resorts.

tippANDbb

Are you insane?! Get out of here the curse is real
My family is traveling to California next summer, we're usually in Florida but decided to make a switch and head out West. Me and my sister reserved Wyndham's Oceanside pier resort seeing that there was none in LA so that was the closest place. We were wondering have anyone ever stayed there before? If so did you enjoy your stay, was it clean, and is there anything fun located near there?

-Thanks.

Oceanside is about 35 miles (with traffic figure about
45 minutes of driving) from San Diego and about 85
miles (with traffic figure about 1 hour 45 minutes of
driving) from Los Angeles.

You'll be right on the beach and near the pier and the
California Surf Museum. Other than that, there isn't
much in Oceanside.

Oceanside is about 35 miles (with traffic figure about
45 minutes of driving) from San Diego and about 85
miles (with traffic figure about 1 hour 45 minutes of
driving) from Los Angeles.

You'll be right on the beach and near the pier and the
California Surf Museum. Other than that, there isn't
much in Oceanside.

Thank you very much for answering. We were gong to spend most of our time in LA.

We stayed at the Wyndham Oceanside Pier last year and it was fabulous! Not a lot to do around the area but we spent most of our time at the hotel or the beach.

There is the Pier right there across a narrow street. At the end of the pier is a Ruby's Diner. 50's style with shakes/malts and sundaes icecream desserts. We went there twice! Once for dinner and shakes and the next day just for take out desserts. My kids love it and the long walk down the pier is fun. Lot's of fisherman to watch.

Right off the highway (I-5) a few miles south, I think is the Carlsbad Strawberry fields. If you go during strawberry season (March-July) you can take a basket out into the fields and pay to pick your own. The strawberries are amazing right off the vine!! We bought a flat and ate them all!

Legoland is also on that same exit as the strawberry fields. We did a Whale watching tour one spring at Dana Landing but not sure if the time you are going will be when whales are migrating.

We swam everynight in the pool at the hotel and used the jacuzzi as well. Just tried to relax. Sat out on our balcony with coffee in the morning and wine in the evening. We had an oceanfront 2 bedroom so it was an amazing room.

Hope that helps you. ENjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter