Wwyd?

Suellen

DIS Veteran
Last time we were in WDW... April 2008 ~ we were at Chef Mickey's and we were sitting in the back that was up a couple of steps.

While my then 2.5 year old daughter was going down the stairs... some man came storming down the stairs and pushed her down the stairs to get by her faster.

I didn't say anything... my poor little girl stood up, brushed herself off and said "Excuse Me" to the guy.

I felt like saying something nasty and I was thinking... geez it is a buffet and she isn't even eating off the same one as you.

WWYD? Would you say something?

I feel bad for her because she thinks she was the one who did something wrong in cases like this. Another time some lady walked by and hit her in the face on her way by and she again said "Excuse Me" the lady thought she was being rude and turned around and snidely said "Sorry".

What is up with this kind of behaviour at WDW?? I don't see it in our day to day lives but it happens often while we are there.

In '06 my family went as a grand gathering. We we getting in line for the Jungle cruise and my aunt who walks a little slower then the rest of us was straggling behind by about 15ft or so. A group of about 5 people literally shoved past her to get behind us. My aunt walked up and stood next to me and the next thing you hear is "line jumper, people are so rude.. etc etc" in a not so pleasant tone. I said nothing for about five minutes and then couldnt take it anymore. As I turned and looked at them I said:

"It seems to me that the people who are rude would be you. You shoved past my aunt literally moving her to the side trying to beat her to the ride. We like you are a group of people, however we are a group of 15, so we are so sorry to have had one of us "jump the line in front of you", which by the way you are going to need to get over because she isnt getting behind you."

Had we been far down the line and my aunt or anyone else in the party thought they could just jump in, I wouldnt be comfortable with that, however, we were the LAST people on line, lol.:confused3

I think the situation would determine if I said anything or not. If people ended up hurting my child I would more then likely say something, not rude, well at first. If they answered me with a bad attitude I think my tone would change.:furious:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter