WWYD? Keep ressie at WL or switch?

Shoshana

Mouseketeer
WL is my favorite resort. We've only stayed at WL and Contemporary. I have reservations for 12/16 through 12/24 at WL, standard view, dining plan and we have APs. The balance is $3800 which I think is a pretty good rate.

The price for a Royal Room at POR would be about $1000 less. The price for a preferred room at POP would be $2000 less. That might be too big of a jump for me!

The thought of using the $1000 'saved' for restaurant tips, holiday treats/gifts, and a rental car to So.Fla for Christmas Day is appealing.

I don't think of myself as a deluxe snob, but I do love WL! The Royal Room, especially a corner room, does look very appealing.

What do you think? Keep WL, or move to POR-Royal? Thanks!

Well I would stay at Pop...I have stayed at deluxe, moderate and values...but I prefer to save $ for other things other than accommodations.

It depends if the current construction would bother you or not. As it is, the WL is not what it "used to be". For most guests, their stays aren't spoiled and you WILL be there for the Christmas decorations. In comparison, I doubt POR or Riverside will compare on decorations but there are parts of the WL lobby that are closed. We've always stayed Deluxe or Moderate (our last stay WAS at the WL) but decided to try Value this December trip and spend the savings on family Christmas gifts and other "extras" for us. It will be just DH and I so the travel time to/from parks won't be an issue as they sometimes are when the family is with us. It's entirely a personal decision just remember the construction when deciding. :tink:

Well, I mustered up my fragile frugality and made the switch to :charac2::rockband:Music for an even bigger $2000 savings. That's a lot of money and I know that we'll have a blast because a) it's the holiday season, and b) we'll be at Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter