WWYD - April Trip

ejdmomma

Mouseketeer
WWYD - I have an April 1st check in date for DVC points that I rented. Points expire end of May. With kids in school and a husband that works in school, I'm hesitant to move our trip to May in case they are actually back in school. Currently schools are closed thru May 1. I could move end of April, and then move again into May if everything gets extended. I just hate to lose the money on the rented DVC points. Also we have the fastpasses that we want for our current reservation, but does that mean anything if they don't open? Ugh all of this uncertainty is giving me anxiety!

WWYD - I have an April 1st check in date for DVC points that I rented. Points expire end of May. With kids in school and a husband that works in school, I'm hesitant to move our trip to May in case they are actually back in school. Currently schools are closed thru May 1. I could move end of April, and then move again into May if everything gets extended. I just hate to lose the money on the rented DVC points. Also we have the fastpasses that we want for our current reservation, but does that mean anything if they don't open? Ugh all of this uncertainty is giving me anxiety!
There are a couple factors that play in this. 1. Where do you live? Are you in an area that is heavily impacted by the virus? Areas like Virginia have cancelled schools through the rest of the year. There is a chance that if you're in an area heavily impacted by the virus that schools will close through the rest of the year. If your school system is at risk to be closed the rest of the year, then you may be okay moving your trip to the end of May.

2. April 1 trip is obviously not in the cards, so you'll need to move that regardless. Is there a penalty to move your reservation, and then decide later to cancel it? (I understand there may be a penalty with cancelling). I would move your reservation to the end of May and then play it by ear from there.

There are a couple factors that play in this. 1. Where do you live? Are you in an area that is heavily impacted by the virus? Areas like Virginia have cancelled schools through the rest of the year. There is a chance that if you're in an area heavily impacted by the virus that schools will close through the rest of the year. If your school system is at risk to be closed the rest of the year, then you may be okay moving your trip to the end of May.

2. April 1 trip is obviously not in the cards, so you'll need to move that regardless. Is there a penalty to move your reservation, and then decide later to cancel it? (I understand there may be a penalty with cancelling). I would move your reservation to the end of May and then play it by ear from there.
We're in Indiana. If you look at number of cases, we're no where near either coast. Schools were canceled after the 2nd positive case, so apparently we're very cautious in the mid-west!!
I think I can move our room reservation without penalty, but would have to wait for an announcement to move tickets without a penalty.

Watching world news, I would be surprised if wdw is open in April. I would be surprised for even May. If they open too early, Florida could easily become the epicenter of coronavirus in the US considering how many people like to/want to/can’t wait to visit wdw. A healthy 17 year old died from the virus. A 6 month old baby and an 8 year old have tested as positive. It’s unsettling. It pays for wdw to be cautious. I’m thankful they are.
It used to be that I’d wake up and check RotR threads every morning, now it’s this. I didn’t even have a trip planned, but live vicariously thru all of you who do. Please stay safe everyone!

We're in Indiana. If you look at number of cases, we're no where near either coast. Schools were canceled after the 2nd positive case, so apparently we're very cautious in the mid-west!!
I think I can move our room reservation without penalty, but would have to wait for an announcement to move tickets without a penalty.
you may be able to move the tickets now, it's worth a call to guest relations

As much as I hated to do it, we cancelled our mid April trip today.
I really don't expect to see WDW open when our trip was to happen.
And even if it was, I'm not sure I'd feel safe there with all that is going on.
It was hard to cancel as we had ADRs I was looking forward to and great FPs.
There's always the next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter