WWDD? Need help deciding..

Mom of 3 Princesses

Mouseketeer
I have been mulling it around in my head and changing plans and making new ones....
What would disboarders do?

Okay... I am on a budget, going with 2 little alone (9 and 4). I really can only afford POFQ or POR or one of the value resorts this trip... we are trying to be .. frugaler....

I LURVE POFQ.. but know that the dates I am looking for will probably not get free dining this year (nov 25-dec 3rd) I know that POFQ rarely gets free dining, but I always have been lucky and planned it where I snatched a free dining in one of their rooms in years past.

So, That means a little more for dining if I stay at POFQ. We do down days a lot. So out of those days, we will do one Christmas party eve and the about 4 days at the park, the rest will be down days.

I love FQ cause we spend 99% of our time at MK, so we are also not park hoppers, even for table meals, I plan those pretty carefully.

IS the transportation at AOA gonna drive me insane? Or the the themeing of the Mermaid rooms worth the walk? What is special about POP? I heard transportation is not as bad there. I have stayed at Movies and Music, but that was over 15 years ago.

My kids have big eyes... they love the scenery, mom loves the down time... any and ALL suggestions would be welcome.

Last edited:
Are you open to trying CSR...? It's usually cheaper than POFQ and POR, and is included in discounts.

The transportation and main pool are better than the PO resorts, and CSR has more dining options for your resort days.

I wouldn't stay in a standard room at AoA. They are all at the very back of the resort. I agree with ChasingLeslie, have you considered CSR?

Is it really spread out? I have never stayed there.. lots of stuff to do on down days?

The pool area is very nice. It has a good sized water slide and a big hot tub. They do have bikes to rent too.

I have had nothing but excellent bus service at CSR. For my stay in October even during the middle of the day we never had a long wait for a bus. And the bus stop at the parks is one of the closest to the gates.

We've stayed at the values many times and we like them. We actually missed them the year we stayed at AKL because of the enormous size and lack of disney theming there. With young kids, we prefer the values and we've never had any issues with busing.

Is it really spread out? I have never stayed there.. lots of stuff to do on down days?
It feels spread out, but it is smaller than POR. It's a very beautiful resort for walking and exploring. It has the best mod pool and slide, plus there is a QS and drink refill right inside the pool deck. My kids loved roasting marshmallows in the evenings.

The transportation is very good for three reasons:
1. Very central location
2. No shared buses
3. Convention guests not heading to the parks make for less crowded buses

All Disney resorts are amazing in their own way so you really can't go wrong. I have read that the DDP is really like pre-paying for your meals more than saving, and that you often sacrifice room discounts for free dining. Either way, you pay one place or another. For that reason I've never done free dining so missing it wouldn't be a major thing for me. Two trips ago, I stayed at AoA (in the mermaid rooms) and had a fantastic trip. Yes, the room was a bit of a walk from the main building where the food court and transportation are, but I didn't think it was bad at all. The theming of the LM rooms was amazing, especially the shower that looks like Ariel's cavern. Seeing all the movie statues walking around the resort was really fun and made the resort an attraction in itself. I loved the resort. It was my first stay at a value. I've been to several moderates and deluxes. I would certainly consider it. I also love POR and while I have never stayed at POFQ, I would like to do so someday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter