Wow! Gay Disney Pins?

I purchased the little foam rainbow Mickey keychains for my GSA group on my last trip, and the rainbow Mickey head key covers for the GSA advisors. We also have the rainbow Mickey antenna topper.

On my last two visits to the park, I could not find the rainbow pins anywhere.

Does anyone know if they have been discontinued? They used to be ubiquitous and so I simply assumed that they sold well.

Does anyone know if they have been discontinued? They used to be ubiquitous and so I simply assumed that they sold well.

I'm seeing the Mickey rainbow silhouette one on the Shop Disney Parks app still.
I'm sure they still have the newer style Mickey icon one with the little jewels. It seems like that one replaced the plain rainbow Mickey icon.

The Disney Food Blog posted the special cupcake of the month at the Contempo Cafe for June was a rainbow cupcake that looked strikingly familiar... I've seen the pin in the larger keychain size too at the Pop Century gift shop. Well played, Disney, well played.

I visit WDW and DL several times each year. The rainbow Mickey OE pins usually appear at WDW during May in the weeks leading up to GD Orlando and at DL during September in the weeks leading up to GD Anaheim. There is also a WDI Sorcerer Mickey rainbow pin this year.

pin42975

Silly me, I got this pin a couple of years back and the first thing that popped into my head was "Cool a rainbow mickey head!" I didn't even stop to think of the significance lol

(I'm not gay, but I have a lot of gay friends so I try to keep an eye out for stuff they might like when I can. But apparently I'm completely oblivious.)

Just got back from Walt Disney World (10/21 - 10/27). While I didn't really see or look for the rainbow Mickey pin, I did see the rainbow Mickey antenna toppers at various theme park stores.

I would think if they were implying it was a gay pin they would have used the official gay pride flag colors. There is no baby blue in the gay pride flag. You can think of it what you will but I think they were just making a colorful Mickey pin. This pin has been available for many years I believe.

Not trying to argue. Just making an observation.

Like this one?

Gosh. It's been almost 12 months, but I don't think so. It was similar to that, but I recall it being ALL rhinestones, not paint with a few rhinestones on top. But, it was almost 12 months ago, so I may be misremembering!

Gosh. It's been almost 12 months, but I don't think so. It was similar to that, but I recall it being ALL rhinestones, not paint with a few rhinestones on top. But, it was almost 12 months ago, so I may be misremembering!

Well, my friend bought this at Disneyland last June for my birthday. :)

"The first couple of years that I came, those who were not participating in the Gay Days festivities were kind of shocked to see the large number of red shirts and what it represented," he said. "[Now] we have friends who come here with their kids, specifically, to show them about tolerance."

I was there during one of the 'beginning years' and I remember one mother asking us why we, and so many others, were in red shirts. I explained to her the reason. She immediately called her young daughter over to meet us so we could explain it to her.. she was about 10 years old. The mother told us it was a wonderful idea and she was happy too see the turn out.

I always thought the gay flag didn't have one of the colors. Indigo? Not sure which one.

MG

The gay flag is technically the 6 gemstone colors (Ruby, Emerald, Amethyst, and the other ones I can't remember.. but it translates to the 6 main colors) . But, we'll adopt anything with a rainbow of any type :)

No I get it! Disney has managed to represent the day without actually representing the day. If they wanted to really speak volumes they would just put "gay days 2017!" on stuff. I guess if it sells that's what they care about. And Disney can claim a "neutral stance" by saying "It's just a rainbow. It's not even the official LGBT rainbow". Again take from it what you want. Disney just wants to make money.

No I get it! Disney has managed to represent the day without actually representing the day. If they wanted to really speak volumes they would just put "gay days 2017!" on stuff. I guess if it sells that's what they care about. And Disney can claim a "neutral stance" by saying "It's just a rainbow. It's not even the official LGBT rainbow". Again take from it what you want. Disney just wants to make money.

And think about how many unaware people are sporting Disney 'gay day' pins :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!