Wow! Gay Disney Pins?

MickeyDee

Mouseketeer
Okay, just back from the World. My gf and I were looking at pins at she found what we had to assume is a gay pride mickey head, like the icon a lot of people use here on the boards. How cool is that? I was so excited and of course, I had to purchase it as quickly as possible! And later at Epcot I saw the same pin grouped with other Mickey Head flag pins, like those from Italy and the UK.

Does anyone know the pin I'm talking about? And does it have some meaning I'm not aware of or is it truly just a gay Mickey? hehe

MickeyDee said:
Okay, just back from the World. My gf and I were looking at pins at she found what we had to assume is a gay pride mickey head, like the icon a lot of people use here on the boards. How cool is that? I was so excited and of course, I had to purchase it as quickly as possible! And later at Epcot I saw the same pin grouped with other Mickey Head flag pins, like those from Italy and the UK.

Does anyone know the pin I'm talking about? And does it have some meaning I'm not aware of or is it truly just a gay Mickey? hehe

We bought one this past April while we were over at the GF. I think it's pretty safe to say it's for the gay crowd. :thumbsup2

pin42975

Open Edition Pin (in other words, located everywhere)
6.95 at DL and WDW

This pin was also given to WDW cast members who completed a diversity word search puzzle in June, 2006.

Enjoy!

:banana:

That and a couple of others which feature rainbows behind Mickey or Minnie.

Viki said:

My sister pointed the Mickey one out to me, but I never saw the Minnie pin! Oh, that's so cool! I love Disney even more than ever now.

Viki said:

I have a couple of the Mikey ones of those. They actually came out a couple years ago during gay pride day and have the actual gay pride rainbow w/ only 6 colors. I noticed the new one the last time I was there, and realized it's a standard rainbow w/ all 7 colors. Might be a quiet nod to us.. but then again could be Disney trying to keep everyone happy and letting ppl see what they want.

Gays see a Rainbow Mickey, but if someone was to complain Disney says "that's just a rainbow.. see it has 7 colors while the gay one only has 6."

(The Gay Rainbow doesn't represent Indigo)

:confused3

When my daughter was about 4 years old, we stopped at a pin trading station and she was over the moon to found a wide selection of rainbow pins -- rainbows were her thing. We had just purchased her lanyard and she was looking to fill it. I'm pretty sure we bought out the entire gay pride pin collection and she wore them happily. (They're still on one of her lanyards 7 years later.) We told her they were extra-special because they stood for loving and respecting all people! :) :)

When my daughter was about 4 years old, we stopped at a pin trading station and she was over the moon to found a wide selection of rainbow pins -- rainbows were her thing. We had just purchased her lanyard and she was looking to fill it. I'm pretty sure we bought out the entire gay pride pin collection and she wore them happily. (They're still on one of her lanyards 7 years later.) We told her they were extra-special because they stood for loving and respecting all people! :) :)

What great parents!!!

I've actually been struggling to find that rainbow Mickey pin this week, although admittedly I haven't been looking too hard. Wish I'd bought the one I saw at Disneyland last year now.

Disney makes a new LE Rainbow Mickey or Tinkerbell pin each year. Some are first released at WDW during the first week of June and the rest are released the first week of October at DL. Also the cast member store has released a Cast Exclusive Rainbow Mickey pin in recent years.

I've actually been struggling to find that rainbow Mickey pin this week, although admittedly I haven't been looking too hard. Wish I'd bought the one I saw at Disneyland last year now.
I was at WDW 2 weeks ago. I looked all over for the rainbow Mickey head and couldn't find it anywhere...until I went to Hollywood Studios. It was at every gift shop in that park!

Yeah, they aren't in writing gonna flat out say GAY PRIDE MICKEY PINS, but it's clear that's what the implication is.
Good on them

I was at WDW a few weeks ago. On prior trips I found the rainbow pins to be ubiquitous, but on this most recent visit I didn't see them.

I have that mickey head one, purchased at HS back in 2014 trip. The moment I laid my eyes on it, I knew I had to own one. My mom was with me at that time and it also served as an easy way to tell her who I am. I cherish this pin a lot and proudly used it in the rest of our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!