• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you swim in December?

go for it! We are from Kansas and we swam during our Christmas trip. It's all in my trip report too. We were there 12/18 to 12/25.

:thumbsup2

I go to Orlando every December for two weeks and depending on the weather, yes, I take a swim or two. The pools are heated and like some of other responses, the best time in during the day although I have gone to hot tubs during the evening. Getting out of them when it is colder outside is an interesting experience:thumbsup2. Of course, there have been times when I've gone to Epcot, stayed for Illuminations only to find that I needed a jacket and thus added new clothing to my collection as I ended up purchasing a jacket. The bottom line is that it all depends on the weather and you're more likely to enjoy swimming during the day than during the evening.

We'll be there December 1-9 and plan on swimming. The kids have rash-guard swim shirts that they wear to swim in our wicked-cold New England water (in August!) and they'll be fine for WDW. DH and I personally don't feel compelled to swim in December - I'm just happy sitting in the sun watching the kids swim. This trip we'll have the pools at SSR, AKV and WL to enjoy. Is the quiet pool at VWL still closed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter