• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you pay for a full day if you could only stay 6 hours?

Hannahinwonderland

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone- so I'm doing a Disney trip in a few weeks and have that portion all planned out. It's short, only two park days. I do have my departure day to maybe go to Universal. On my departure day, my flight is at 6 PM, so I figure I'd have to be out of the park by 3. I've been to Universal about 6 times (used to have an AP for a few months), so I can kind of judge for myself whether it's worth it...but would you guys do it?

Hi. It depends what time you were hoping to enter the park. Entry is quite expensive but if I got there at park opening I should think you could enjoy a few rides breakfast and lunch and a good day. Why not!

I would ::yes::

How long has it been since your last visit? They are always adding new things every year and I would go just to visit Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade and to ride the Hogwarts express. Kong is also new this year. I would skip WDW before Universal these days.

Personally I wouldn't. Single day price is quite high to begin with, and even more so if you're not getting the full day out of it.

If you have the money to do it I definitely would. We did it after a cruise one time (took the Disney bus to MCO rented a car and went to Universal for 4-6 hours can't remember how long) and it was great. We splurged on the express pass and got everything we wanted done at the park that day with minimal wait. We didn't do Harry Potter that time (may not have been open yet) but it was a great day and we never felt super rushed or anything. Totally worth it to us.

I don't have the $$, really, but I'm still leaning towards it haha! I didn't see anything about half-day passes unfortunately or else I would totally buy one. I would plan to get in the park at rope drop!

The last time I was there was about a year ago.

If it were just me, then yes. If it were my entire family, then no. Splurging for 6 hours of what I want to do is an easy decision. But then multiplying the cost by 5 and getting in everyone's favorite would make those 6 hours go by way too fast.

Are you flying domestically? Are you leaving Universal & immediately driving to airport? Do you have a rental car to drop off? I'm someone who always gets to the airport early. Drives my family nuts. just wondering if leaving at 3 is right.

However, I would think spending about 5-6 hours is worth it.

Are you flying domestically? Are you leaving Universal & immediately driving to airport? Do you have a rental car to drop off? I'm someone who always gets to the airport early. Drives my family nuts. just wondering if leaving at 3 is right.

However, I would think spending about 5-6 hours is worth it.

I'm leaving the park and a friend is driving me to the airport. No car to drop off. I've never missed a flight in my life (but I guess this could be the time).

Honestly if only 2 park days at disney you wouldn't be able to see everything there. I would just buy a third disney park day and skip universal. Then you would be paying a reduced price for that 6 hour day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter